• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marino13Phins
    Put your banana between these melons and make a fruit salad
    • Oct 2003

Dolphins

I just have to say a fw things because some of you are totally writing the dolphins off, while some others of you are actually giving us a fair assessment.

Here is what I think. Yes, Ben was not playing. But that doesnt' take away from their defense, and batch isn't a moron, he's still in the NFL for a reason, and the steelers grabbed him for a reason. Batch did not beat us... the Steelers beat us. And Miami lost to the superbowl champions. Did I expect them to win this game? No.... Did I want them to win the game... obviously.

As far as Culpepper goes, I think he is going to do well. But That was his first real game back from a major knee injury, on primetime TV, against the defending superbowl champs, who have a very good defense. Does that excuse the way he played.... absolutely not, he missed some easy passes. But I think he is only going to be better as he begins to feel more comfortable, and the oline gets a little better then they were Thursday.

You don't win every game (besides 72 phins). I think that was a pretty sloppy game from both teams. It was the first time the starters have gone teh distance and weren't out of the game by half time. It was a sloppy game by both teams... more so by the phins, but sloppy by both none the less.

I know it's easy to write off the phins and culpepper because you are bills fans, I'd probably do the same to the bills if I saw them struggling, like last year. But don't be suprised if Miami does better then you think.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: Dolphins

Great post..

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Dolphins arent done. They have a decent team. Its just that they are overrated a bit. Girst off their Defense is old and Culpepper isnt that great. Hes had 1 great year with Moss and thats it. If miami would of gotten Brees I would say division is theirs.

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BillsIN05
        Dolphins arent done. They have a decent team. Its just that they are overrated a bit. Girst off their Defense is old and Culpepper isnt that great. Hes had 1 great year with Moss and thats it. If miami would of gotten Brees I would say division is theirs.

You saying we're overrated is like us saying we're SB contenders!! You don't know how we'll respond in Saban's second season with the the upgrades to the this team, so how can you say we're overrated?? Just because you want us to be overrated isn't a reason to say it. If you're going to open your mouth then say "I hope, you're overrated' at least that way you don't come across as some kinda psychic, yet you mantaine your stance as a Bill fan!! You don't know who's gonna do what and how, so you can't say for sure anyone is overrated!! Every single year teams that no one expects to win, wins!! The reason they didn't expect them to win is because they aren't psychic and have no clue who's going to make a push and who isn't due to injurys and whatnot. No one was predicting The Steelers to be SB winners after week 12, but they won!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
          Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Whatever.

Comment

• DynaPaul
            • Sep 2003

I just read another article today proclaiming the Dolphins as the new AFC East Champions. Guess we play these games for a reason. It's amazing how these experts overlook Culpepper's faults and place too much weight on that winning streak last year.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

Thanx Devil exactly what I was talking about. Thats what overrated it big mouth

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Chambers84Phins
                As far as Culpepper goes, I think he is going to do well. But That was his first real game back from a major knee injury, on primetime TV, against the defending superbowl champs, who have a very good defense. Does that excuse the way he played.... absolutely not, he missed some easy passes. But I think he is only going to be better as he begins to feel more comfortable, and the oline gets a little better then they were Thursday.
                I think game-conditioning was a concern with Culpepper. That isn't to say he is in bad shape, just it is different playing a game than working out, and for a long time he was pretty limited in football-related activities. I would expect he will get better with more snaps. He did do a good job early on of recognizing where the free man was coming in the blitz and getting rid of the ball to the hot read.

I also think the 'phins will run the ball better, which will help them both with offense and defense (increased possession).

That said, he has thrown 2 or more interceptions in 5 of his last 8 games. That has to be concerning, and can't be blamed on his knee.

Originally posted by Chambers84Phins
                You don't win every game (besides 72 phins).
                Well, at least you don't have to worry about dealing with that kind of pressure this year.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

Honestly? Honestly I think the Dolphins are a good football team, but they are highly overrated. All that talk about the Dolphins being ready to unseat the Patriots is just that. Talk. Are they even the second best in the AFC East? I don't know. I like our chances.

No offense Chambers but you're sitting here saying that the Dolphins are going to be better than many people think and I'm saying to you, don't get your expectations too high. They are what they are, a solid football team but they are not even close to being great. They have some nice players at the skill positions but there is alot of work to do.

Worst of all you have Mike Mularkey as your offensive coordinator. Apparently, he is still trying to figure out how to make those gadget plays work as well as Cower's team. I'm not talking trash either, I am simply stating my opinion, but I have to say that I am not impressed.

I am surprised however, that you Chambers, didn't expect them to beat the Steelers with Roethlisberger out. Maybe you know your team better than most of Dolphin nation. I personally did expect them to win and was pleasantly surprised at how the game turned out.

Comment

• Meathead
                    Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                    • Jul 2002

if i could trade the bills roster for the fish id probably do that straight up right now. not by a lot but id still do it

id keep the marv though

hc is a tossup
                    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• finsrclowns
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Meathead
                      if i could trade the bills roster for the fish id probably do that straight up right now. not by a lot but id still do it
                      I feel dirty just having read this. I think I'll go take a shower. If we traded for the fins roster I'd stop watching football.
                      finsrclowns

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by Meathead

id keep the marv though

hc is a tossup
                        :stfu:

That is just ****ing lame and I cannot even believe you just said that. Well I sure as hell would not and I think this Bill's team, with their sorry roster of sorry players, is going is going to whip all over Miami this year.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                          • May 2003

In fact, the only players on this Dolphin team that i would take are Chris Chambers and Randy Mc Michael (the TE whatever his name is and I don't care if he hits women or not, the boy has skills). Outside of that, I could care less about this team or their head coach.

Comment

• Meathead
                            Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                            • Jul 2002

well if i remove emotion and compare starting rosters i come up with this:

0-1 JP < Cpep
                            1-1 Willis > Ronnie
                            1-2 Evans < Chambers
                            1-2 Price = Booker
                            1-3 Royal < WifeBeater
                            2-3 Gandy > Shelton
                            2-3 Reyes = James
                            2-3 Fowler = Hadnot
                            3-3 Villareal > Bennie
                            3-3 Peters = Carrie
                            4-3 Shelton > Barnes

0-1 Shoebel < Taylor
                            0-2 Anderson < Holliday
                            0-3 Triplett < Traylor
                            0-4 Dennelsay < Carter
                            1-4 Spikes > Spragen
                            1-5 Fletch < Thomas
                            2-5 Crowell > Crowder
                            3-5 McGee > Allen
                            3-5 Whitner = Tillman
                            3-5 Vincent = Hill
                            4-5 Clements > whoever

even though the two units end up exactly tied in this simple analysis, the skill positions on offense as well as a much better defensive line means its close but i would take the fins roster slightly over the bills right now

next season would probably be a different story assuming the good young talent on the bills are then prepared to take more active roles

but if i had to say which team is better prepared to win today id say its the fish

deal wid it
                            One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

1-1 Willis > Ronnie

I guess Willis is more proven, but Ronnie has the look of a special player. If I had to choose one of the two, I'd take Brown.

1-2 Price = Booker

I'd take Booker by a long shot.

0-3 Triplett < Traylor

Different kinds of players, but if I had to choose I'd take Triplett over Traylor.

2-5 Crowell > Crowder

Crowder is a hell of a player, very talented. I realize Crowell played really well last year, but I'd rate this an =

Comment

Working...
                              X