All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

Re: I love the slug logo!

Originally posted by GThirst
    Now, don't think I want you to get shot in the face if you like the slug logo or anything, but any true fan WITH SENSE OF TRADITION can not like the slug logo.

It completely undermines tradition. It does not look like a Buffalo. It does not have a sabre in it. We are not the Buffalo Buffalos, we are the Buffalo Sabres. Put a sword in it, and put a buffalo in it. It lacks both, and looks much more like a bannana slug or Barnie Rubbels hair. Its a forcefed logo that had a VERY negative reaction to when first introduced. As bad as the fishermen of the NYI? Maybe not. But at least the people in NYI had the mental capacity and will to not buy this garbage.

But last year, its not like you saw these slug wearing patrons wearing a black and red angry goat or a retro hat, shirt, or jersey. The Sabres one 10 straight to start the season, and people accepted it. How can you be displeased with a team thats breaking NHL records? Thats right, you can't be.

I can see people accepting the logo, the team is producing and the fanbase is growing. Its too late now too get the logo changed. But if the Sabres had been a losing team this year, I sincerely doubt the Slug would have sold much. The hardcores are the only ones who stood with the team up to last year and any Sabres fan who values tradition and non-generic design would not like this new logo. They would accept it though, since the team is "scary good".

And for the record I don't like the Black/Red Pissed off buffalo jerseys, they were generic and lame. I like the new jerseys over them, but not the logo.
    "" TRADITION "" Another PERFECT post!!!
    The tradition loving fans write such logical posts, and the sluglovers just ***** and moan.

Comment

• im4bflo
      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
      You're wrong... I wore the "angry goat" red and black... just like I wore the original logo and colors before that... That's the point I'm trying to make. I support the team, I wear the gear. I want people to look at me and say, "Hey, he's a Buffalo Sabres fan". So you "diehard" fans that know so much and say there can only be one true logo don't wear anything that isn't at least 15 years old? IS that what you're telling me?
      The 'angry goat' you call it, I thought it looked like a white buffalo head, was at least passable as a buffalo! But a slug does not represent our team in any way.
      And if we stuck together, we could of gotten rid of it.
      That is, until fans like you, and the er's got involved.

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
        I didn't love the black and red jerseys, but I have all three of them. Why? Because I love the team. Wearing a jersey is not about the jersey itself, but about the team.
        I'm going to get the new jerseys once they're available again. I'd still like to have the old crest sewed on, but if that's not possible, so be it. I love the team more than I hate the jersey.
        If someone hates the logo more than they love the team, then they have no right to get on anyone else about being a fan.
        Hate to lose ya, the takes another one

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by im4bflo
          Hey ninj, all the above could have been downsized to
          That's what's embarrassing.

The slug can be very easily put down with rational discussion. There's no need for grade school silliness.

I've never put someone I substantially agree with on ignore, but the level of childishness I see here is pushing me toward it. Your posts are just plain creepy.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• im4bflo
            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
            There are swords (sabres) on it they're just not what you think they are. But I get it it's the gray strip that goes from the bottom to over the shoulder and comes to a point in the back those are the swords (sabres). if you put the jersey on the floor flat with the arms spread straight out, or wear the jersey and hold your arms straight out you will see the gray strip that starts from the bottom and goes over the shoulder and comes to a point in the back those are the swords and there are swords on the shoulder their going through the "B"!
            How many times do we have to say, we love the uni's, it's the damn slug that's the problem??? The SLUG is our logo! It's supposed to represent BUFFALO SABRES! But in what way, I wished you'd let us know!

Comment

• im4bflo
              the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
              • Sep 2003

The slug can be very easily put down with rational discussion. There's no need for grade school silliness.

I've never put someone I substantially agree with on ignore, but the level of childishness I see here is pushing me toward it. Your posts are just plain creepy.
              That's okay dude, you're on your way to joining the
              Save up your money for next years slug with the formfitting top and matching skirt

Comment

• im4bflo
                the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                • Sep 2003

You're right, I guess I'm losing respect for nowadays Buffalo fans.
                I used to brag how diehard ALL Buffalo fans were, but this generation couldn't hold a candle to the fans of the BUFFALO BILLS and SABRES during the 70's and 80's. We wouldn't cave to this slug crap getting forced on us.
                But you're all into your 'fantasy' football, that has actually had (so called)Bills fans, hoping someone scores on US, because the players on his fantasy team! I wanted to slap him! The Bills couldn't sellout, because they weren't in the playoffs, even though, we were playing much better. The Sabres are winning, so hop on and buy the only thing they'll offer, a slug!
                Yeah, I must sound 'nut's' to you young fans, but I'm just a DIEHARD, nothing to worry about. But when there's a lul in the Zone, the slug topic still rules!
                So enjoy it!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

I used to brag how diehard ALL Buffalo fans were, but this generation couldn't hold a candle to the fans of the BUFFALO BILLS and SABRES during the 70's and 80's. We wouldn't cave to this slug crap getting forced on us.
                  But you're all into your 'fantasy' football, that has actually had (so called)Bills fans, hoping someone scores on US, because the players on his fantasy team! I wanted to slap him! The Bills couldn't sellout, because they weren't in the playoffs, even though, we were playing much better. The Sabres are winning, so hop on and buy the only thing they'll offer, a slug!
                  Yeah, I must sound 'nut's' to you young fans, but I'm just a DIEHARD, nothing to worry about. But when there's a lul in the Zone, the slug topic still rules!
                  So enjoy it!
                  I love my fantasy football but if guys I have on my FF team are playing the Fins then they ride the bench that week I will take a FF loss over a Fin loss anyday (not so much luck with that this year)

Comment

• im4bflo
                    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                    • Sep 2003

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    I love my fantasy football but if guys I have on my FF team are playing the Fins then they ride the bench that week I will take a FF loss over a Fin loss anyday (not so much luck with that this year)
                    I can't even stay interested in a real playoff game, when the BILLS aren't in it!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

BTW, I signed the petition against the Slug and I am not even a hockey fan! That thing is putrid

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                        I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                        • May 2005

Page 3 was pretty sweet... only had to read 9 posts instead of 20... I could get used to this!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                          BTW, I signed the petition against the Slug and I am not even a hockey fan! That thing is putrid
                          I signed that petition as well... in fact, I believe my name was within the first 20 on it. This isn't about liking or disliking the logo anymore...

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                            • May 2005

You know what my favorite part of all this is??? Mr. Diehard fan for the past 30+ years over there doesn't even watch the damn games!

I moved out of market this year, and even though I'm only 24, and just married, and swimming in debt... I managed to scrape together $150 to get NHL Center Ice to watch my team all year. But I'm just a pretend fan because I'm young and too stupid to understand anything...

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

So enjoy it!
                              Diehard fans don't care about an illustration more than their team. Diehard fans love the team first.

Creepy.

I mean really, what's the definition of a fan? Is being a fan all about ME, ME, ME? Causing grief over a superficial issue? Is that loving a team? It's just loving yourself.

Or is it saying, I will sacrifice my aesthetic preferences, I will endure my meaningless distaste, to support the team I love. Isn't THAT a more devoted attitude? THAT's being a diehard.
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dude
                                that slimey ass of an admin at the zone
                                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                                Girls think the new logo is cute.

Do you REALLY want your team represented by a cute cuddly slug??

I sure as hell do not.
                                Once again, those who love the slug or have no problem..are those who female or hopped on the bandwagon somehwhere around last year and talk as if the sabres were just created. No hardcore Sabres fans like the logo. If you were a big fan in the 70's and just casually watched the team since then..but started watching alot recently because of our success..you are not a hardcore-dedicated fan.. you are a fairweathered fan that needs to be shot in the face.

Thank you and have a nice day.
                                X the slug.
                                The small minority of you who truly feel this way, and who would actually wish physical harm on someone because they don't rue the day the Sabres changed their logo, have much deeper issues than simply not liking the picture on your chest.

Get a life.

Comment

Working...
                                X