All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

Re: I love the slug logo!

And what's funny now to me is...
    not ONE slug fan, out of all you, have yet ANSWERED my damn ONE question!
    I've explained the pro's and con's of the original and the slug.
    But have yet to hear anykind of logical reply, from any of you!
    I think you know I'm right, but are too stubborn to admit it.
    Prove me wrong! Give me a logical answer, as to why that slug represents the BUFFALO SABRES. F that slug!
    We need a logo to represent our team, the fans, and our town.
    Not a hodge-podge of second rate crap! Let's stick with the best!
    And deep down in side, we all know what logo looks and represents the best.
    I'd like to see Sabre fans stick together again, instead of following another money making scheme logo that sucks! GO SABRES!

Comment

• im4bflo
      the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Philagape
      Did you just say you DON'T want to see the Sabres win the Cup with the slug? That'll end all debate about what kind of fan you are right there.

And did you just imply the current Sabres are not the "real Sabres"? That doesn't sound like loving the team.
      Again, we're talking LOGO, not the team...
      NO! I didn't say that, you twisted what I said, read exactly what I said, when we skate the CUP, it would just be more fitting, that we were wearing the original logo, for respect for all the past Sabres that gave their blood for the team.
      And then some more twisted bull****.
      To question my devotion to the team is rediculous.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
        • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        I guess some people watch sports for the athletic competition and to see one's favorite team win games, not to be some fashion designer *****ing about how the guys look in uniforms.

I really don't think it's so much a matter of "Do our uniforms look cool" for guys like im4bflo, but rather a desire to have some sort of permanence and continuity.

The modern American sports scene has little to no permanence. Players, coaches, general managers, Arenas, hell even entire clubs never seem to stay in one place anymore.

What else do fans have to hold on to BUT the team badge and colors? Once the front office bows down to the almighty dollar and ****s all over your identity, there's not much left for fans to embrace as their own.

The problem isn't so much the slug itself (altought it truly is ugly, IMO). If the Slug was introduced in 1970 as our original crest and stayed with the team until the present day, no one would be *****ing I think.

The problem is the total lack of respect people like John Rigas and Larry Quinn have for our club and city's history.
        "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Dude
          that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by im4blowhard
          blah, blah, blah answer my stupid question
          What about the new logo represents Buffalo? It's on the jerseys of the team you are a supposed fan of. It's not going away.

If you hate it so much, do something about it. And when I say do something about it, I don't mean ***** and moan on this message board to a bunch of people who don't want to listen to you anymore. Get off your DIEHARD ass and do something about it. Stop insulting the rest of us who are not only diehard fans, but are mature enough to not act like a 2-year-old having a tantrum, and are enjoying one hell of a season. Take your thumb out of your mouth and make something happen on your own. Start a freaking petition or something. Write a letter. Anything. Just shut the hell up about it already.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Originally posted by Dude
            What about the new logo represents Buffalo? It's on the jerseys of the team you are a supposed fan of. It's not going away.

If you hate it so much, do something about it. And when I say do something about it, I don't mean ***** and moan on this message board to a bunch of people who don't want to listen to you anymore. Get off your DIEHARD ass and do something about it. Stop insulting the rest of us who are not only diehard fans, but are mature enough to not act like a 2-year-old having a tantrum, and are enjoying one hell of a season. Take your thumb out of your mouth and make something happen on your own. Start a freaking petition or something. Write a letter. Anything. Just shut the hell up about it already.
            Glad to see I wasn't alone on this issue and that all but about 2 of you understood my point... I've said a million times everybody is entitled to their opinion... I just wish those that were so outspoken about theirs could actually defend it intelligently.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Re: All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

For me, it's not even about being so outspoken w/ their opinions. It just gets on my nerves that if you don't rip the logo to death in every single post you get labeled as a "bandwagon fan" or a "fairweather fan" or you should just be "shot in the face". That's ****ing stupid.

I may be young but I bought an original blue jersey when they wore those. I bought a red 3rd jersey when they wore those. And I'll probably buy a new one. I support my team regardless.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABuffalo786
                You're kidding, right?

Maybe it looks like a B in Arabic or Swahili or something like that, but in the King's English?

Don't be silly.

As far as the Slug goes, count me in as a hater.

We now have THREE, count them THREE different jersey designs (not including third jerseys) floating around the stands of the Arena on game nights. I wouldn't've minded keeping the Goat Head and then just changing it to blue and gold (I saw a baseball cap with a blue and gold Goat Head and thought it looked pretty sharp). But an entirely different new crest? Come on Quinn, do you have ADD or something?

If someone who had never heard of hockey before stepped into the Arena for let's say a Leaf game, I wouldn't blame him if he thought there was going to be a double header that night with so many different sweaters around him!

If changing sweaters every decade or so doesn't undermine any sense of tradition we have, I don't know what does.
                Excellent post!

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                  Zero for Zero!
                  • Mar 2003

And what is tradition?

We are not the Montreal Canadiens. The Sabres have exactly 0 Stanley Cups in the old jerseys.
                  Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    And what is tradition?

We are not the Montreal Canadiens. The Sabres have exactly 0 Stanley Cups in the old jerseys.

I'm sorry, that argument is just plain silly.

So you think it's acceptable to throw away over 30 years of history just because we didn't win a Cup?

Everyone is so hung up on winning that they really miss the point of being a Sports fan.

Winning Championships certainly is terrific, but that's not what it's all about.

Mickey Mouse clubs like Tampa and Carolina have won Cups. Do they have tradition? Good ****ing Christ no! No one gives two ****s about them!

We might not have the banners in our rafters but what we do have is this:

Over three decades of faith, passion and love for our team. THAT'S tradition and in my opinion it's worth holding onto.
                    Last edited by SABuffalo786; 01-09-2007, 04:10 PM.
                    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

Tradition is more than simply titles and banners.
                      I'd like to read what message boards said 10 years ago when they first changed logos, colors, and all that.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dude
                        that slimey ass of an ***** at the zone
                        • Feb 2005

Over three decades of faith, passion and love for our team. THAT'S tradition and in my opinion it's worth holding onto.
                        I notice you didn't say logo.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                          • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Dude
                          I notice you didn't say logo.

The modern American sports scene has little to no permanence. Players, coaches, general managers, Arenas, hell even entire clubs never seem to stay in one place anymore.

What else do fans have to hold on to BUT the team badge and colors?

We are the Rockpile
                          We are the Rockpile
                          We are the Rockpile
                          BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jan 2004

The crest in which would adorn the blue, white and gold jerseys of Buffalo Sabres players from October 1970 until April 1996 reflected the team's name. Along with the Buffalo appeared two crossed sabres "renowned as a clean, sharp, decisive and penetrating weapon on offense, as well as a strong parrying weapon on defense,"

The 1996-97 season began a new era in Buffalo Sabres hockey with a new home, new colors and a new logo. The Sabres' new colors would be black, white, red, gray and silver, featuring a white buffalo head as the new team logo. A secondary logo of a "B" with the familiar sabre piercing through it would also be featured on the shoulder of the new jerseys.

The third jersey pays tribute to the original sweater, while incorporating colors and elements from the current design, unveiled in 1996.

The organization chose from over 50 different concepts and developed a blend of the 1970s blue and gold crest, featuring the traditional circle and crossed Sabres logo, adorned on a red-based jersey, trimmed in the team's black and silver of the 1990s. The word "BUFFALO" appears on the lower trim to signify the team's proud attachment to its hometown. The third jersey also features the current Sabres white buffalo-head logo appearing on the shoulders.

The new Sabres new uniform, unveiled on September 16, 2006, takes its inspiration from the original Sabres uniform (1971-96) and second uniform (1996-2005).

The design was a collaborative effort between the Sabres and Reebok International. The new “blue and gold” colors have been altered to a deeper navy blue and richer gold that have a greater visual impact both in person and on television broadcasts. Silver accents and a revised “B-Sabre” logo were carried over from the team's second uniform.
                            The official National Hockey League website including news, rosters, stats, schedules, teams, and video.

you get the idea now

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Everyone is so hung up on winning that they really miss the point of being a Sports fan.

Winning Championships certainly is terrific, but that's not what it's all about.

Holy. Mother. Of crap.

As a sports fan, here are my priorities:
                              1. Win
                              2. Win
                              3. Win
                              87. What the jerseys look like
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                                Zero for Zero!
                                • Mar 2003

'Winning isn't everything, it is the only thing."

Anybody that says being a sport fan is not about winning championships, needs to have their heads examined.

If the Sabres win the Cup in a pink tutu, I will be happier with that than a 2nd place finish in the original uniforms.
                                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X