Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

the EPITOMY of PATHETIC im4bflo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: this logo thing is bad for moral...why?

Quote Originally Posted by JD SabreFan
    The people who dont care about what the logo looks like is most likely a new fan, young fan or just someone who casually follows the team.

The logo doesnt just represent the team, it represents the city and its FANS. When you goto NHL.com, your not going to see the jersey next to "Buffalo Sabres".. your going to se the slug. On TV, can you imagine the slug on MSG? How would they make an opening video for each game. Make the slug zoom across the screen? Come on.

I do agree with moving from the past, but aside from not winning a cup..we dont have a bad past...

The Sabres throwback jerseys just look RIGHT. Nothing else does!! So I will buy my blue throwback with a smile on my face as soon as possible. And I frown upon those who buy any new paraphenilia(sp?).

But hey, GO SABRES!!

WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD. BuffaloRanger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Dennis Williams on WIVB Ch4 Sports said that final attendance was 15,002 at the arena. That's almost half of the arena, the arena holds 18,690 people and all of the new merchandise sold like in 15 min tops! Looks like the new jersey will be staying for a very long time.

Love the new logo,
    embrace the new logo,
    Deal with the new logo because it's here to stay!
    Don't count your slugs before they fall into a cup of beer and die. NHL History has shown that unpopular logos can be changed. Imagine the jeers when the "New Look" Sabres play in Toronto and Montreal!

The NY Islanders and the Fish Stick Saga

The New York Islanders, who've drawn jeers even from their own fans for their new "mariner" logo, are ditching it. LCS has learned through sources close to the situation that the Isles have gotten the OK to go back to the classic "NY Islanders" model for next season.

The logo change was part of a major uniform redesign that followed the 1994-95 season. Even before it was officially announced, the logo had drawn barbs from the media as well as a lot of Islander fans. Signs at the final home game last season proclaimed "We Are Not Fish" and urged the team to stay with its logo and color scheme, which dated to the club's inception in 1972.

But the change was made anyway. The remodeled color scheme, a darker blue with waves of orange, "Atlantic Green" and silver, went over well with a lot of fans, as did putting lighthouse patches (for the "Island" part of the team's nickname) on the shoulders. But the logo was a no-go; the mariner resembled the fisherman that adorns boxes of the Gorton's line of frozen fish sticks (hence the jeers).

The mariner's fate may have been sealed last Sunday when the Islanders lost 4-1 to the Rangers at the Nassau Coliseum. By the third period, any "Let's Go Islanders" cheers had long since been replaced with derisive chants of "Fish Sticks" from the largely pro-Ranger crowd.

This uniform will only last as long as that Stubborn moron Larry Quinn is with the Sabres.

They look like a Pee-Wee travel team that's trying too hard to have cool uniforms.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Buffalo Only and Always.

WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD. BuffaloRanger's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloRanger
    Don't count your slugs before they fall into a cup of beer and die. NHL History has shown that unpopular logos can be changed. Imagine the jeers when the "New Look" Sabres play in Toronto and Montreal!

The NY Islanders and the Fish Stick Saga 1996

The New York Islanders, who've drawn jeers even from their own fans for their new "mariner" logo, are ditching it. LCS has learned through sources close to the situation that the Isles have gotten the OK to go back to the classic "NY Islanders" model for next season.

The logo change was part of a major uniform redesign that followed the 1994-95 season. Even before it was officially announced, the logo had drawn barbs from the media as well as a lot of Islander fans. Signs at the final home game last season proclaimed "We Are Not Fish" and urged the team to stay with its logo and color scheme, which dated to the club's inception in 1972.

But the change was made anyway. The remodeled color scheme, a darker blue with waves of orange, "Atlantic Green" and silver, went over well with a lot of fans, as did putting lighthouse patches (for the "Island" part of the team's nickname) on the shoulders. But the logo was a no-go; the mariner resembled the fisherman that adorns boxes of the Gorton's line of frozen fish sticks (hence the jeers).

The mariner's fate may have been sealed last Sunday when the Islanders lost 4-1 to the Rangers at the Nassau Coliseum. By the third period, any "Let's Go Islanders" cheers had long since been replaced with derisive chants of "Fish Sticks" from the largely pro-Ranger crowd.

This Logo will only last as long as that stubborn moron Larry Quinn is with the Sabres.

The Sabres look like a Pee-Wee travel team that's trying too hard to look cool.

Sabres Zone
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LOSman WINS
    Dennis Williams on WIVB Ch4 Sports said that final attendance was 15,002 at the arena. That's almost half of the arena, the arena holds 18,690 people and all of the new merchandise sold like in 15 min tops! Looks like the new jersey will be staying for a very long time.

Love the new logo,
    embrace the new logo,
    Deal with the new logo because it's here to stay!
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

Will you SLUG lovers stubbornly stick with it, when we become laughing stocks?
    Deep inside, you've got to know, that yellow thing is not US, we should all be excited by the new logo, not *****ing about "who cares what we look like", unless your mommy is still dressing you, you've got a choice!
    the SLUG has got to go, and it will, and much more quickly, if you won't let them forcefeed a piss yellow slug on you.
    Those pics of the new uni with the ORIGINAL logo that is on these threads, looks AWESOME! I'm planning on getting a patch of the 3rd original logo, and get it sewn over the slug, and so are other fans on this thread, if you've been reading them all. KILL the SLUG! We're the SABRES!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Death to the slug.

Maybe those of us who remove the slugs from our jerseys can get together and hold a bonfire for them. Then it will join the Gorton's fisherman in Logo Hell.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

no to fuel nor extingish the fire.. but how do you poeple think this Looks?

Skate Zilla
    -----------------------
    Skate Zilla HD Studios:
    SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just as I thought.

I'm not crazy about the logo but I think the overall uniform looks good. Overall I'm pleased and I'm ready to talk about hockey and not what the players are wearing on the ice.

that slimey ass of an admin at the zone Dude's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,563 Times in 2,509 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The Hurricanes' uniforms look like NASCAR pit crew firesuits. Guess what? They won the Cup. So what diff does it make?

All this whining about the logo is what's embarrassing, not the logo itself. If you don't like it - we get it already, so don't buy it.

Holy crap - let the season start already so we can concentrate on the TEAM and not what they're wearing. Unreal.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The uniforms are a slap in the face.

I will never own one.

Sabres Zone
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok. For all of you's who hate the logo but are ok with the jersey.

YOU PEOPLE are the reason this slug will stay around longer than it should. The SLUG will be on EVERYTHING, not the damn jersey! Hats, Flags, Sweaters, Pants, T-Shirts, Bandanas, Foam Fingers, Car stickers, Licenseplates, Tickets, OUR CENTER ICE, our jumbotron, every damn TV in the arena, jackets, socks, masks, glasses... when the only place it deserves to be is on a roll of toilet paper.

Don't embrace the jersey if you hate the logo, thats like thinking an ugly girl is beautiful because shes wearing a nice shirt.

And one more thing. Unlike women who tend to look better after a couple drinks, the slug STILL looks like ****!
    Last edited by JD; 09-18-2006 at 03:16 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

YOU PEOPLE are the reason this slug will stay around longer than it should. The SLUG will be on EVERYTHING, not the damn jersey! Hats, Flags, Sweaters, Pants, T-Shirts, Bandanas, Foam Fingers, Car stickers, Licenseplates, Tickets, OUR CENTER ICE, our jumbotron, every damn TV in the arena, jackets, socks, masks, glasses... when the only place it deserves to be is on a roll of toilet paper.

Don't embrace the jersey if you hate the logo, thats like thinking an ugly girl is beautiful because shes wearing a nice shirt.

And one more thing. Unlike women who tend to look better after a couple drinks, the slug STILL looks like ****!
    Great post!

Anything with the Slug on it make me want to stab my eyeballs out.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

WHAT PART of this post, don't you slug lover's understand?
    that piss yellow SLUG will represent us, if you let them forcefeed it to you.
    If you don't LOVE it, don't buy it! They'll replace it with the original logo, and then our uni's will be the BADDEST thing on ice!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Give the slug logo to the Bisons...

I think it could work for a baseball team.
    Then put the original SABRES logo on the new uni's, and we can put this all behind us, what do you think?
    "There's no SLUGS in Hockey!"

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Give the slug logo to the Bisons...

Be a man and stop crying about it.

It's done.

Don't buy it if you don't like it.

Protest by not watching the games.

Enough is enough

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog
    Be a man and stop crying about it.

It's done.

Don't buy it if you don't like it.

Protest by not watching the games.

Enough is enough
    'not watch the games'? man you've got me all wrong.
    And it's not done, but it's going to take longer because of fans like you.
    I'm not crying, I'm pissed, and so are a lot of diehard fans, who don't want a yellow slug representing Buffalo.
    You go right ahead and wear that slug, and stop replying to the anti-slug threads, but I'm doing everything I can to get rid of that embarrassing logo that is quickly becoming a joke in the papers already.
    I care, GO SABRES!

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't like the slug either- I felt the same way with the goat head.

I'll probably not buy it.

I'm not going to start a thread every 6 hours whining about it.

Go to HSBC with a protest sign. Maybe throw salt on those walking out of the gift shop

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog
    I don't like the slug either- I felt the same way with the goat head.

I'll probably not buy it.

I'm not going to start a thread every 6 hours whining about it.

Go to HSBC with a protest sign. Maybe throw salt on those walking out of the gift shop
    None of that crap will work, the only thing that will, is to not buy it.
    That's the main thing I'm trying to pass around.
    I actually read a comment from the Sabres office, that if the 3rd jersey outselled the slug, they'd probably go back to it. That was the fuel that got me going, there is a great chance we could get the 3rd logo(original) on the new uni's, which would look great, like the sig on some of the posters here, although that new white away jersey needs reworked totaly IMHO.
    Notice how hard it is to get the 3rd, if it was out, it would outsell the slug.
    At least hold off on buying the slug Doze, that thing will not last, I just know it.

Virginia Beach, VA, USA, Earth, Milky Way
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Again, Keep the Hatred and Whining to the Slug in ONE thread please....