All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuffaloRanger
    WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
    • Mar 2003

Why is the Buffalo Piss Yellow??

Yeah I know, because the colors are blue and yellow. But seriously, besides the look of the logo, doesn't the color disturb anyone? A yellow buffalo on the jerseys. The Buffalo is yellow!! How are there people that think it looks cool?

I'll be buying the classic Sabres Jersey and the old red alternate (with the bloddy sabres) on sale.

Don't waste your money on this jersey. So many fans are going to boycott it that the Sabres will be forced to switch it in less than two years (ala the islanders fishstick man). Then some fans will have an ugly jersey that isn't even worn anymore!
    Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• JD
      Sabres Zone
      • Sep 2003

Re: Why is the Buffalo Piss Yellow??

what yellow buffalo?

“You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• im4bflo
        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
        • Sep 2003

UGLY...UGLY...UGLY !!!

After seeing the whole package, I hate it even more.
        Especially the white away's, UGLY!
        And there's nothing but the slug on the chest, NO SABRES!
        The only fans that will like this, are the young ones, who don't even know about the real blue&gold years.
        After today, I'm giving my club their respect by wearing the 3rd jersey, and having to put up with a damn slug on our HOME ice.
        EMBARRASSING!

Comment

• im4bflo
          the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
          • Sep 2003

Sorry, that was me, I took a piss on the SLUG.

Comment

• im4bflo
            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
            what yellow buffalo?

That looks AWESOME!!!

Comment

• im4bflo
              the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
              what yellow buffalo?

If I can get my hands on a big 3rd logo patch, I'll buy the new jersey and get it sewn on, that looks cool!

Comment

• im4bflo
                the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                • Sep 2003

Okay SLUG lover's, get out your cash

I will be laughing at the people who buy that embarrassing uni.
                the ORIGINALS look even better next to that piss colored buffaSLUG.
                What a JOKE!

Comment

• WNYnut
                  • Jul 2002

Re: Slug Logo-I know where they got the idea from!

At least Vancouver's logo has some sort of cultural signifigance. The whale in their logo is somewhat representative of the whale often seen in Northwest Native American art and totems.

The new Buffalo on the Sabres uni is just ridiculous.
                  "Remember, you can always find East by staring directly at the sun."

Comment

• im4bflo
                    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                    • Sep 2003

Re: this logo thing is bad for moral...why?

I know we're all SABRE fans "ra-ra"
                    but tell me this logo deal isn't putting a wedge between fans of the SLUG and the fans with a BRAIN :snicker2:
                    A piss YELLOW colored slug, yeah! how the hell can you think that's cool?

Comment

• Dozerdog
                      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by im4bflo
                      I know we're all SABRE fans "ra-ra"
                      but tell me this logo deal isn't putting a wedge between fans of the SLUG and the fans with a BRAIN :snicker2:
                      A piss YELLOW colored slug, yeah! how the hell can you think that's cool?
                      I gotta ask why this would "divide" the fans.

It's one thing if you back one goalie or another, or one QB or another. So when one ****s the bed, the other can gloat on how "right" he was- because that's the most important reason to pick a side instead of a team.

But clothing? Come on. Put them in clown outfits- if they win the Cup I could give a ****.

Comment

• im4bflo
                        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                        I gotta ask why this would "divide" the fans.

It's one thing if you back one goalie or another, or one QB or another. So when one ****s the bed, the other can gloat on how "right" he was- because that's the most important reason to pick a side instead of a team.

But clothing? Come on. Put them in clown outfits- if they win the Cup I could give a ****.
                        The goal is always the CUP no doubt.
                        But this logo represents our team our fans and our town.
                        And I've read from other fans like you, that they can wear dog **** or pink polka-dots, or dress like clowns(well they are now).
                        But it represents US, and to not care, doesn't make sense to me.
                        Go spend your money on that YELLOW slug, and don't mind the :snicker2: behind your back, because you don't care.
                        GO SABRES!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                          • Jul 2002

I'm there to watch hockey- not shirts.

If simpletons are going to hate on fans because they like a logo or not..I'll laugh at them instead

clothing ******s

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by im4bflo
                            I hate to see this stupid thing split the fan base.
                            Now we've got the 3rd jersey fans who will not wear that SLUG (ME)
                            and the fans who will.
                            It kind of kills the unity of being SABRE fans, doesn't it?
                            Damn that slug logo...
                            BUFFALO SABRES
                            Ummm, I don't know about you But the new logo is here to stay you should've seen the Sabres Store today it was jammed packed there was a line out to the main entrance and the new stuff was like gone in 15-20 minutes tops including the jerseys! The third jerseys look really, really how can I say this well old like they've been put away in a box and been stored in a closet gathering dust for the last 11 years 1995-2006 they just don't compare to the new jerseys. Attendance in a estimation I would say there was about 8,000 people at the Arena today to see the unveiling of the new jerseys and to watch the open scrimmage and there was no boo's either. Sabres kick-off their preseason schedule Mon. night @ Toronto radio coverage only and you can listen to it on live on WGR55
                            Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 09-16-2006, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• im4bflo
                              the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                              • Sep 2003

Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                              Ummm, I don't know about you But the new logo is here to stay you should've seen the Sabres Store today it was jammed packed there was a line out to the main entrance and the new stuff was like gone in 15-20 minutes tops including the jerseys! The third jerseys look really, really how can I say this well old like they've been put away in a box and been stored in a closet gathering dust for the last 11 years 1995-2006 they just don't compare to the new jerseys. Attendance in a estimation I would say there was about 8,000 people at the Arena today to see the unveiling of the new jerseys and to watch the open scrimmage and there was no boo's either. Sabres kick-off their preseason schedule Mon. night @ Toronto radio coverage only and you can listen to it on live on WGR55
                              Like I said, there are the young fans who don't care about a teams tradition, and they were expecting 10,000 people, and got 8,000.
                              the 3rds look old, because they are. They started in 1970 and still look better than anything anyone else has come up with.
                              You piss YELLOW slug fans can spend your parents money on that crap, but I've still got my good OLD throwbacks, and am keeping the tradition until they go back to the OLD logo again, and I believe they will.
                              Hype is selling those slugs now, take a look at yourself wearing it, and you'll want your money back.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                                Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                                • Jul 2002

Re: Okay SLUG lover's, get out your cash

LET IT GO! Buy your throwback and be happy...move on!

Comment

Working...
                                X