All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: this logo thing is bad for moral...why?

The people who dont care about what the logo looks like is most likely a new fan, young fan or just someone who casually follows the team.

The logo doesnt just represent the team, it represents the city and its FANS. When you goto NHL.com, your not going to see the jersey next to "Buffalo Sabres".. your going to se the slug. On TV, can you imagine the slug on MSG? How would they make an opening video for each game. Make the slug zoom across the screen? Come on.

I do agree with moving from the past, but aside from not winning a cup..we dont have a bad past...

The Sabres throwback jerseys just look RIGHT. Nothing else does!! So I will buy my blue throwback with a smile on my face as soon as possible. And I frown upon those who buy any new paraphenilia(sp?).

But hey, GO SABRES!!
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

@ JD- Yeah- that's me - a casual fan since 1970

I want an updated version of the old jerseys.

But- I have the maturity level to watch the sport beyond what they are wearing. if you ladies are so worried about how they look- don't buy the threads or go to the games.

Jesus- it's a bunch of Carson Kressleys around here.

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
      The people who dont care about what the logo looks like is most likely a new fan, young fan or just someone who casually follows the team.

The logo doesnt just represent the team, it represents the city and its FANS. When you goto NHL.com, your not going to see the jersey next to "Buffalo Sabres".. your going to se the slug. On TV, can you imagine the slug on MSG? How would they make an opening video for each game. Make the slug zoom across the screen? Come on.

I do agree with moving from the past, but aside from not winning a cup..we dont have a bad past...

The Sabres throwback jerseys just look RIGHT. Nothing else does!! So I will buy my blue throwback with a smile on my face as soon as possible. And I frown upon those who buy any new paraphenilia(sp?).

But hey, GO SABRES!!

Comment

• JD
        Sabres Zone
        • Sep 2003

Re: Slug Logo-I know where they got the idea from!

Originally posted by WNYnut
        At least Vancouver's logo has some sort of cultural signifigance. The whale in their logo is somewhat representative of the whale often seen in Northwest Native American art and totems.

The new Buffalo on the Sabres uni is just ridiculous.
        The man has a point.

All were left with is a parapeligic piss yellow buffalo
        “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• JD
          Sabres Zone
          • Sep 2003

Notice "most likely"?

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Hey JD- stick to what you know.

Weren't you the crybaby who wanted everyone to picket in front of HSBC last season to ***** about how horribly Darcy put the team together?

How did that work out for you and the 8 who showed up? Did the Sabres dismatle what they had to satisfy you?

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
              • Aug 2005

Re: Slug Logo-I know where they got the idea from!

Nothing beats this logo:

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

And you wern't pissed off back then?

Ahh wish I was an admin so I could do name calling.

Stick to your own guidelines sweetheart, I believe thats a personal attack.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

Actually- no. I was all for signing our youngsters. look it up.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Re: Okay SLUG lover's, get out your cash

Jesus....what a crybaby.

Comment

• SkateZilla
                      • Dec 2002

Re: All Threads Bickering and Complaing about the logo.

Threads Merged By Request..... Keep the bickering in one thread, seeing that all the threads were started by the same person,

Also, If the Bickering gets too out of control, im authorized to delete the thread.

Your Entitled to voice your opinion in a conducted manner that doesnt go against the terms of service you agreed to when registering, so, in short, keep it clean, and keep it here..
                      Skate Zilla
                      -----------------------
                      Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                      SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

WORST UNIS EVER!!!

Thank you Larry Quinn! You just saved me a lot of money.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Re: Why is the Buffalo Piss Yellow??

what yellow buffalo?

That looks ****ing awesome! I'm going to see if I can get one made like that.

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

I have a couple old jerseys that I can take the crest off myself to put on the new blues. Unfortunately, I'd have to buy a new blue jersey and take the slug off.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

But hey, GO SABRES!!

The new uniforms make me want to several times. I hate the Buffaslug!!!

Comment

• SkateZilla
                                • Dec 2002

Re: Why is the Buffalo Piss Yellow??

Originally posted by Mikey82
                                That looks ****ing awesome! I'm going to see if I can get one made like that.
                                Im actually buying 2 Home Jerseys, One will have the logo Removed and replaced with teh vintage logo.
                                Skate Zilla
                                -----------------------
                                Skate Zilla HD Studios:
                                SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

Working...
                                X