X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Bills will lose on Sunday...

I'm sorry for the contrarion statement but the Bills coaching staff and players had better be prepared on Sunday. Everyone here and in the media are heaping tons of a praise on the Bills, which I like, but is way to premature. Here's why:

1) Losman, who played well in NE, had a bad first half in Miami. He is still on a learning curve and what saved him was the coaching staff recognizing his struggles and keeping him out of harms way. But he could have a 2 pick game real soon.

2) Was the D great or was Culpepper that bad. I watched the game and Culpepper made our D look very good. It's funny how one game removed and the meda doesn't remember NE running for 180 yards. Our D is not playoff caliber.

3) We are young and young teams make mistakes.

4) Villareal is horrible and the sad part is that we have nobody behind him.

5) McGahee has yet to run for 100 yards. He needs to this week aginst a Jet's team that he normally has success against.

Guys, the Bills should win this game but I really don't know. The Jets aren't great but they are not the Packers either. I could easily see an upset in the making if we keep reading the hype.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills will lose on Sunday...

Nice thread title, Hurripain.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by mybills
      Nice thread title, Hurripain.
      That's funny.

My title is a little misleading but I think people are a little to overwhelmed here. If pressed I would take the Bills but I won't be betting on them on Sunday. One of the reasons I was so confident that we would beat Miami was that I knew the Bills weren't as bad as people thought. One of the reasons I am not as confident about this game is that I know the Bills aren't as good as people think.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Very level-headed analysis. It's now Wednesday and I've got the high out of my system. Let's focus on this next game.

Comment

• ICE74129
          Legendary Zoner
          • Feb 2005

We will win on Sunday, take it to the bank

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Undoubtedly, it is too early to predict great things for the Bills. I'm still simply looking for improvement week-to-week, to smarter play, better coaching, and progress from all of our young players.

I don't think any of us should get our hopes too high, but we needn't be pessimistic, either. Let's just - for this season - enjoy watching this team grow and develop. Wins should be considered a bonus.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
              • Jul 2002

Yes I agree with some of your assesments but the Jets were picked to be just as bad as the Bills if not worse.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

Ice, neither of you know for sure. This is crazy. Let's just hope for the best, and put our trust in Jauron's playbook.
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                  That's funny.

My title is a little misleading but I think people are a little to overwhelmed here. If pressed I would take the Bills but I won't be betting on them on Sunday. One of the reasons I was so confident that we would beat Miami was that I knew the Bills weren't as bad as people thought. One of the reasons I am not as confident about this game is that I know the Bills aren't as good as people think.
                  Do you think Dick & Marv has the team thinking they are better than they think they are? This isn't a Mularkey team that feeds them cheeseburgers that has them thinking stupid things.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

Chad P has opened with 2 straight 300 yard + passing games. Plus the Jets will run a lot of no huddle.

It's something the Bills must be ready for. It will be hard to substitute and keep the D fresh.

So the key is to run on Offense and control the clock, keeping the Jets O off the field. It's a new test every week.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Lets just be straight here, They can only pass and thats what we are best against. That OL of theirs sucks. Yeah I know they got this stud at LT in the draft, he is still a rookie and gets to go one on one with a guy that racks up double digit sacks each year. The rest of the DL is getting great pressure as well.

If not for a couple luck plays they get blown out by NE PERIOD! We have trouble stopping the run and they suck at running the ball.

We can run and pass on these clowns. They have NO pass rush now that their top dog went to Atlanta.

So lets cut the crap here, this was a W on our books before the season started and nothing should change at this point. Buffalo 38- Jets 13

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I agree with Ice

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                          I'm sorry for the contrarion statement but the Bills coaching staff and players had better be prepared on Sunday. Everyone here and in the media are heaping tons of a praise on the Bills, which I like, but is way to premature. Here's why:

1) Losman, who played well in NE, had a bad first half in Miami. He is still on a learning curve and what saved him was the coaching staff recognizing his struggles and keeping him out of harms way. But he could have a 2 pick game real soon.

2) Was the D great or was Culpepper that bad. I watched the game and Culpepper made our D look very good. It's funny how one game removed and the meda doesn't remember NE running for 180 yards. Our D is not playoff caliber.

3) We are young and young teams make mistakes.

4) Villareal is horrible and the sad part is that we have nobody behind him.

5) McGahee has yet to run for 100 yards. He needs to this week aginst a Jet's team that he normally has success against.

Guys, the Bills should win this game but I really don't know. The Jets aren't great but they are not the Packers either. I could easily see an upset in the making if we keep reading the hype.
                          #1 - Losman did not play badly. His passes hit his receivers in the hands. He can't catch the ball for them too.

#2 - Culpepper looked bad because he was running for his life from the Bills rush.

#3 - Two games in and how many mistakes have you seen? The safety? Name another? All I see is two games = NO TURNOVERS!!!

#4 - "horrible" is your opinion. I have no idea what you base it one, other than your desire to find any crumb of evidence to support your absurd posts. I look at the whole picture: The O-line is playing well enough, including Villarial, and are getting better.

#5 - 100 yards is just a number, not a magic target that guarentees anything. You can run for 200 yards and lose the game. McGahee's 92 yards did what they had to do...control the clock.

This post only shows how desperate you are to poke holes in the Bills. The truth is the Bills are already becoming a good team, and will only get better. This must gall "experts" like you, especially because the Bills are showing how little critics like you understand football. They've done all the "wrong" things, yet they succeed.

PTR
                          10 Commandments of the D
                          1. Never stop Rocking.
                          2. Legalize all drugs.
                          3. Quit your day job.
                          4. All Religion should be taxed.
                          5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                          6. F**k her gently.
                          7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                          8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                          9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                          10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• BAM
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            Lets just be straight here, They can only pass and thats what we are best against. That OL of theirs sucks. Yeah I know they got this stud at LT in the draft, he is still a rookie and gets to go one on one with a guy that racks up double digit sacks each year. The rest of the DL is getting great pressure as well.

If not for a couple luck plays they get blown out by NE PERIOD! We have trouble stopping the run and they suck at running the ball.

We can run and pass on these clowns. They have NO pass rush now that their top dog went to Atlanta.

So lets cut the crap here, this was a W on our books before the season started and nothing should change at this point. Buffalo 38- Jets 13
                            I'm with Ice on this one. I think we're going to murder the Jets.

Comment

• ddaryl
                              Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                              • Jan 2005

It won't be an easy game that's fo rsure. Chad P is on fire, but our Pass D is standing tall.

Were playing at home though, so I am holding out for the win and seeing JP and a few others step up their game in the home effort.

Comment

Working...
                              X