Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please watch DJ's press conference

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Please watch DJ's press conference

I hated the idea of him being my teams head coach, but this man is winning me over.

If anyone gets a chance, it can be found on BuffaloBills.com in the multimedia section.

Look at his face when Paul Peck(er) asks him if JP is prone to fumbling, he actually looks like he is pretty upset, then calmly answers.

His answer was that he's never seen a QB get hit while his arm is in motion, and not fumble the ball. He blamed JP for the first one, but not because he fumbled, because he didn't get away. The second one, he clearly blamed another player.

That explanation isn't the reason I like Jauron, he just comes off as a cool customer. Very professional, says he loves this group of guys, and they work hard.

He also takes blame for why they need to play better.

Long live Dick Jauron.

(I never thought I'd say that)

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Please watch DJ's press conference

Quote Originally Posted by Risin
    I hated the idea of him being my teams head coach, but this man is winning me over.

If anyone gets a chance, it can be found on BuffaloBills.com in the multimedia section.

Look at his face when Paul Peck(er) asks him if JP is prone to fumbling, he actually looks like he is pretty upset, then calmly answers.

His answer was that he's never seen a QB get hit while his arm is in motion, and not fumble the ball. He blamed JP for the first one, but not because he fumbled, because he didn't get away. The second one, he clearly blamed another player.

That explanation isn't the reason I like Jauron, he just comes off as a cool customer. Very professional, says he loves this group of guys, and they work hard.

He also takes blame for why they need to play better.

Long live Dick Jauron.

(I never thought I'd say that)
    God Bless this post. Its week FRIKKIN THREE!

Jauron deserves more support than we are giving him. Let him prove whether he is good or a clown. But proving himslef doesnt take 3 games. Theres too much changeover to expect us to play lights out each week yet. By midseason if we see the same msitakes, yeah its time to worry. But not after 3 games, its way too early!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by jp-era
    God Bless this post. Its week FRIKKIN THREE!

Jauron deserves more support than we are giving him. Let him prove whether he is good or a clown. But proving himslef doesnt take 3 games. Theres too much changeover to expect us to play lights out each week yet. By midseason if we see the same msitakes, yeah its time to worry. But not after 3 games, its way too early!

I don't know if he'll pan out.

All I do know is I love his approach to this team, and I think he truly has a genuine love for his players. (also, they feel the same for him)

I know players loving a coach, doesn't always equal wins, but it can't hurt.

Also, compared to our last 2 coaches, this guy is a breath of fresh freakin' air.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'll give Jauron credit for owning up to ****.

But the truth is. He had a HORRIBLE game plan and let Fairchild get too cute on offense.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I love Dick.

Wait a second... that just didn't sound right.

What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace X-Era's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,040 Times in 1,212 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Risin
    I don't know if he'll pan out.

All I do know is I love his approach to this team, and I think he truly has a genuine love for his players. (also, they feel the same for him)

I know players loving a coach, doesn't always equal wins, but it can't hurt.

Also, compared to our last 2 coaches, this guy is a breath of fresh freakin' air.
    I cant help but feel like both Gregg and Mularkey would have had LAUGHABLE results in those same first 3 games. The NFL screwed us, we made he best of it, and it looked to me like Jauron had this team ready to play for as young and new as they were.

Instead of being laughable they were RESPECTABLE.

I wasnt pleased with our coaching in this last game, but the season isnt one game long either.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

JP-ERA

I clearly agree with you overall, but call a spade a spade.. Our play calling and game planning was **** this week, and that's the way it is.

Im NOT blaming the loss on just the coaches.. The DL did **** to get after Pennington, Losman made STUPID mistakes despite the stats, Willis missed a key block, the pass blocking was mediocre, nobody on defense made a huge play when we needed it, Lee Evans and Peerless Price were non factors most the game.

There's plenty of blame to go around.. but I HATE the way this game was managed from the sidelines Sunday.. Hopefully, it was the exception not the rule.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I had no problem with the play calling. Take away the turnovers, and add a few blitz pickups and the Bills win.

We're a young team that needs to go through its growing pains.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 627 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    JP-ERA

I clearly agree with you overall, but call a spade a spade.. Our play calling and game planning was **** this week, and that's the way it is.

Im NOT blaming the loss on just the coaches.. The DL did **** to get after Pennington, Losman made STUPID mistakes despite the stats, Willis missed a key block, the pass blocking was mediocre, nobody on defense made a huge play when we needed it, Lee Evans and Peerless Price were non factors most the game.

There's plenty of blame to go around.. but I HATE the way this game was managed from the sidelines Sunday.. Hopefully, it was the exception not the rule.
    What was there to "HATE"? Just curious. I didn't like the trick field goal play much, but other than that, I really didn't come out of there with a feeling that the coaching staff had a particularly bad game. More pressure on Pennington would have been nice, and better execution in the red zone would have won the game. But otherwise, what pray tell was so bad about the game plan, play calling etc? Missed blocks, turnovers, etc are execution problems.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,669 Times in 17,516 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The team gained almost 500 yards of offense...Overall I'd say the play-calling was pretty damn good.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,794 Times in 1,207 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I agree guys. Too many are lambasting the coaches this week. JP and WM BOTH had career days. We lost because we turned the ball over.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

JP's arm was going forward. He should have challenged the call.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by lordofgun
    The arm going forward means nothing- the ball went backwards. My seats were on the yard line the hit happened. There is no such thing as an incomplete pass if the ball goes backward. It's either a fumble or a lateral.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

His arm was going forward before the ball came loose. It was close enpigh to warrant a replay. I've watched it several times (including in super slow motion thanks to my dvr ) and every time, his arm is going forward before the ball comes loose.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,495 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by lordofgun
    That one and the foot out of bounds on the three yard line. I can't believe people on here saying well they would have scored anyways from the three. If the coaching staff believed that we might as well mail it in now and just surrender.
    Jauron has not challenged a lot of calls that could have significantly turned games around. Maybe he needs some carbs for his brain or something.
    Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Just kidding...I only watched it once in regular speed and I have no idea if it was a fumble or not.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually, I didn't even watch the game. I just figured one of the fumbles had to be close enough to an incomplete pass to argue about it.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Two things- the FG would have been a 54 yarder in an insane wind. The Bills were in no-mans' land- a punt would have netted 18 yards if it goes out of the end zone.

Too far for a FG in those conditions.

Either go for it with the offense or fake the FG. Not a horrible call- predictable maybe- but not horrible. Better execution too would have helped.

On the bootleg- I put that one on Losman. I'm watching in my binoculars, and I can clearly see an uncovered Jet -98 Hamilton - was lined up way wide of the left tackle.

The one thing in my mind was "I hope they aren't going to bootleg" - or at least hoping someone would motion or shift to take the guy out.

If Losman only saw the guy before the snap lined up out there, He could and should have checked out of it or called a TO

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was watching Nascar.