X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Fairchild needs to make JP the "Great White Vick"

I live in Atlanta and I honestly believe the Falcons would be better with Schaub under center. (My opinion is not in the minority down here either) However, a few years back when the Falcons were really sucking, Vick came in and made a huge difference in the psyche and performance of this team. He was the play maker and a difference maker.

Our OL sucks. But we have two excellent blocking TE's, a mobile QB, and a good RB. Why not set up our offense to play with Losman in that role. Just like Vick he has a cannon for an arm, he's fast (not Vick fast, but fast), and like when he was in Tulane, JP seems to throw better on the run.

We are not winning and with the way this season is going why not put some excitement in the fan base and on the field? I think the kid would thrive in that setup.
  • Inetpub
    i'm a tool
    • Aug 2006

Re: Fairchild needs to make JP the "Great White Vick"

I would prefer JP be labelled "THE GREAT WHITE HYPE" if you want to use great white. Cause he is all hype and no results!
    That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

• billsfairweatherfan
      • Jul 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      I live in Atlanta and I honestly believe the Falcons would be better with Schaub under center. (My opinion is not in the minority down here either) However, a few years back when the Falcons were really sucking, Vick came in and made a huge difference in the psyche and performance of this team. He was the play maker and a difference maker.

Our OL sucks. But we have two excellent blocking TE's, a mobile QB, and a good RB. Why not set up our offense to play with Losman in that role. Just like Vick he has a cannon for an arm, he's fast (not Vick fast, but fast), and like when he was in Tulane, JP seems to throw better on the run.

We are not winning and with the way this season is going why not put some excitement in the fan base and on the field? I think the kid would thrive in that setup.
      you want to put excitement in to the fans ? get rid of jp .replace him with areal qb and start winning again.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

JP seems to throw better on the run.
        I agree, JP throws better when its a busted play.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
          • Mar 2005

Can we stay on topic please. Again, from what I have seen, JP hasn't lost us a game on his own this year. I'll be the first to rip him if he does.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I was wondering about that. I used to wonder if Atlanta's OC could do something about Losman. On second thought, we can't change the entire philosophy of the team because of one guy. We don't have the OL to do so. That won't work with Evans either like it didn't work for Price when he was coming off his best year and moved to Atlanta.

It's either JP learns how to play our offense or he's out of here. Just like Kelly had to learn the no huddle.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• blackonyx89
              HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
              • Mar 2005

Uhhhh,he's Latino. Not White.
              Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by blackonyx89
                Uhhhh,he's Latino. Not White.
                My thread would sound pretty bad with the "Great Spic Vick" !!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  I was wondering about that. I used to wonder if Atlanta's OC could do something about Losman. On second thought, we can't change the entire philosophy of the team because of one guy. We don't have the OL to do so. That won't work with Evans either like it didn't work for Price when he was coming off his best year and moved to Atlanta.

It's either JP learns how to play our offense or he's out of here. Just like Kelly had to learn the no huddle.
                  When your game plan isn't winning you games I think you need to look at your talent. I'm not asking to change the team for one player. If anything I'm asking one player to change for the sake of the team. Our philosphy doesn't work with this patch work OL. Why not use JP, McGahee, Everett and Royal in a way that emphasizes their strengths??

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

When your game plan isn't winning you games I think you need to look at your talent. I'm not asking to change the team for one player. If anything I'm asking one player to change for the sake of the team. Our philosphy doesn't work with this patch work OL.
                    that usually happens in your first year of rebuild. Doesn't mean our system is bad, just yet. It could mean they are struggling while learning the new system and team don't usually have the right players to run their system in the first year of rebuild.

Why not use JP, McGahee, Everett and Royal in a way that emphasizes their strengths??
                    that has nothing to do with trying to turn JP into Vick. You guess is as good as mine with that question.

I think Fairchild is trying his best to use Willis but the OL is a work in progress. I think Royals is being used to his strengths which is blocking which is why we don't have him catching the ball. Everrett by all intensive purposes, is a rookie when it comes to experience.
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bocephuz
                      • Sep 2003

I think a Jake Plummer offense would be a better fit. JP has looked pretty good when they do 3 step drops ( see end of Detroit game) and when he has moved around and improvised.

It's when they go to the traditional 5 step drop, down field passes where he has trouble. I think this happens for two reasons ( #1 . O Line can't hold their blocks that long #2. JP has a little Rob Johnson in him.. i.e.. holding on to the ball a little too long and taking a sack)

So going forward:

1.) Use 3 step drop short passing game to get him in rhythm
                      2.) Use shotgun, rollouts and play action to buy him time rather than trying to do 5 step drops and having things collapse around him.
                      Kent Hull for Hall of Fame

Comment

• Dont drink the water
                        • Oct 2005

JP is not as mobile, dynamic or willing to catch a STD so I would not try to turn him into a white version of Vick.

Comment

• bocephuz
                          • Sep 2003

Let us not forget the latino connection...

Kent Hull for Hall of Fame

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                            Defies all logic
                            • Oct 2006

Usually when Vick has a bad game running the football, it means he is having another outbreak.

Comment

• Inetpub
                              i'm a tool
                              • Aug 2006

Can we stay on topic please. Again, from what I have seen, JP hasn't lost us a game on his own this year. I'll be the first to rip him if he does.
                              And the safety in game 1? or what about the 3 ints vs Chicago? Last person to touch the ball on the Bills team was JP Loserman. But you know what, Its never JPs fault. Seeing as I dont ever recall any team in history to safety and cost a team a game before this year. Leave it to JP to probably join an elite few.
                              That proves NOTHING about Losman

Comment

Working...
                              X