Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ralph is A-N-G-R-Y!!!!!!!! VERY ANGRY!!!!!!

!?!?!?!?!?
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ralph is A-N-G-R-Y!!!!!!!! VERY ANGRY!!!!!!

http://boards.buffalobills.com/forum...d/1344943.aspx

"I'm just very discouraged," said Wilson, whose team lost its third consecutive game to fall to 2-5 heading into its bye week. "When we were 2-2, I felt we were on the way up a bit. The Bears game out there, we were overpowered, and since then ...."

Wilson collected his thoughts and continued.??"The Detroit game, I was extremely disappointed, and today, too. We do a lot of dumb things. Not that we have the greatest talent, but we have better talent than the dumb things we do."

All of these silly, undisciplined actions were discouraging to Wilson, and what really angered him was the general lackluster effort put forth by his team, inexcusable in his eyes, considering the circumstances.

Wilson said he was ready for a rebuilding year, but not to be embarrassed. Not many owners would have the courage to say it, but he did.??His players let him down. They let their city down.??"Yeah (I knew we'd be rebuilding), but it's still hard to take the money from the fans to see this kind of exhibition, and the players really ought to realize that, too," he said. "These fans work hard and go through all of these natural disasters, and dig down and spend their last few dollars and come out and see us play. The players should realize that. They should play hard and not do dumb things."

This hasn't been a good fall for Wilson, dealing with a bad back and now another bad football team.

"What really upsets me the most: Before Marv and Dick came in, we regressed so badly," Wilson said. "We let players go. We let Pat Williams go. We let Ruben Brown go. There seemed to be too many personalities involved. People say, 'Hey, forget it, Ralph. Look forward. Be optimistic.' But I can't help but look back and say that at my age, I threw five years away."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Ralph is A-N-G-R-Y!!!!!!!! VERY ANGRY!!!!!!

At his age he should be happy to remember 5 years ago..

Releasing Pat was a mistake.. If im not mistaking was Ruben Brown Mr. False Start??

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

thats some pretty powerful indictment of the TD era, and of his current roster. If RW is torked enough to say this publicly, the players better realize they are playing for their jobs big time!
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 627 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'd be OK with 'ol Reuben back at LG. He's playing well for the Bears.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

But the whole off-season was about Ralph "being able to sleep at night." That's why he hired Marv.

Zzzzz . All is well.

I hope they do have a sense of urgency this off-season, beacuse the ticket sales WILL nosedive if moves aren't made. The Marv honeymoon is over. People will scoop up what Sabres tickets are left over Bills tickets.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If Ralph is so ****ing angry maybe he should get some direction going in this team. He wasted so many years w/ TD bringing in big name players instead of addressing the needs of the team. Now he brings in his old friend (who by the way won't be the long term GM, so what really is the point) who has to clean up the mess. Someone on WGR today brought up the point that it takes longer than 5 weeks to clean up a 5 year mess.

As for Ruben Brown. No thanks. He quit on the team. I'm not big on those types of players.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If RW doesnt open his mouth when FA and the draft start, then his comments now mean nothing..

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont think there's a person in Buffalo right now who wouldn't take Pat Williams and Ruben Brown over what we have now.

I'm glad WIlson is getting tired of this ****.. Sad, but week seven and I'm already looking forward to our next GM hire in 1-2 years. How any of us expected a guy in his 80's to be able to build a football team is beyond me.

kernowboy

I am in two minds about Ruben. He would be upgrade on most of the rubbish we have. Even John Fina would be a better LT

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

BTW,
    Yes I know Marv is stuck cleaning up TD's mess.. That's the problem, he's too old to be able to clean up his mess AND build a winner, unless you expect Marv to be a GM when he's 90

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Marv is doing a good job so far and I am confident in what he has and wil be doing with this team. Stop ripping Marv because hes old. That is plain dumb

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsIN05
    Marv is doing a good job so far and I am confident in what he has and wil be doing with this team. Stop ripping Marv because hes old. That is plain dumb
    Really?
    Well I love Marv Levy as much as anyone here.. But what has he done so far that makes you qualify him as doing a good job SO FAR?

We're 2-5 at the bye.. Our QB play is God awful, neither side of the line is any better than last year, and Sunday for the first time, the team came out and looked like they didnt care; playing with NO heart.

Sounds a lot to me like last year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dear Ralph,

Where have you been when it's time to write checks to bring in some better/players coaches? You've fully admitted that we don't have the best talent. It's time to pay top dollar for offensive and defensive linemen, as well as other players that deem necessary to get this team back on a competitive plane. Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too, saying you aren't happy with the team's losing and that it's hard to take the fans' money, yet you gladly take the fans' money and don't use any of it to bring in better talent. Hypocrite.

Jon

!?!?!?!?!?
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Marv had a great draft but the FA class was just okay i think he did a good job with the coaching staff but the coaches ddo not have the right players after a year as GM I can guarantee Marv's FA class will be a lot better this upcoming offseason

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Talking Re: Ralph is A-N-G-R-Y!!!!!!!! VERY ANGRY!!!!!!

ralph doesn't sound nearly as angry as i was yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,662 Times in 17,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

He's discouraged, not angry...there's a difference.

SAB was angry yesterday...Note the difference in his and Ralph's comments
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by LEFTY
    If RW doesnt open his mouth when FA and the draft start, then his comments now mean nothing..
    Ralph is the owner. He's a fan like you and I but his job is to pay the bills. He lets the GM evaluate/draft the players and the Coach get them ready for game day. What do you want? An owner like Jerry Jones meddling and undermining his staff?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not shedding tears for a billionaire that's dissatisfied with his toy. I give Wilson credit for keeping the team there and staying emotionally involved in it, but the people that religiously cough up a huge chunk of their discretionary income to watch a crappy product are the ones that I care about.

They deserve better.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,662 Times in 17,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Gozinya
    I'm not shedding tears for a billionaire that's dissatisfied with his toy. I give Wilson credit for keeping the team there and staying emotionally involved in it, but the people that religiously cough up a huge chunk of their discretionary income to watch a crappy product are the ones that I care about.

They deserve better.
    Then you agree with Ralph...

Wilson said he was ready for a rebuilding year, but not to be embarrassed. Not many owners would have the courage to say it, but he did.??His players let him down. They let their city down.??"Yeah (I knew we'd be rebuilding), but it's still hard to take the money from the fans to see this kind of exhibition, and the players really ought to realize that, too," he said. "These fans work hard and go through all of these natural disasters, and dig down and spend their last few dollars and come out and see us play. The players should realize that. They should play hard and not do dumb things."

Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo! Nighthawk's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BILLSROCK1212
    http://boards.buffalobills.com/forum...d/1344943.aspx

"I'm just very discouraged," said Wilson, whose team lost its third consecutive game to fall to 2-5 heading into its bye week. "When we were 2-2, I felt we were on the way up a bit. The Bears game out there, we were overpowered, and since then ...."

Wilson collected his thoughts and continued.??"The Detroit game, I was extremely disappointed, and today, too. We do a lot of dumb things. Not that we have the greatest talent, but we have better talent than the dumb things we do."

All of these silly, undisciplined actions were discouraging to Wilson, and what really angered him was the general lackluster effort put forth by his team, inexcusable in his eyes, considering the circumstances.

This hasn't been a good fall for Wilson, dealing with a bad back and now another bad football team.

"What really upsets me the most: Before Marv and Dick came in, we regressed so badly," Wilson said. "We let players go. We let Pat Williams go. We let Ruben Brown go. There seemed to be too many personalities involved. People say, 'Hey, forget it, Ralph. Look forward. Be optimistic.' But I can't help but look back and say that at my age, I threw five years away."
    That's nice and all, but he brought some of this on himself and the fans by hiring Marv & Dickey. It's fine to complain about the last regime, but the constant blaming of the TD regime for the problems that Dickey & Marv have caused gets old. Bring in a real GM and a real HC and watch this team takeoff!