Thread: Congratulations

Thanks
    Thanked 1,786 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Congratulations

I just wanted to say how impressed I was with everyones performance in the last contest. The chips were really against us we were down a player and there were some scheduling conflicts. But last night when the contest started, people were so focused on the contest it was great. PA and Shiny did such a great job attacking the thread and kept keeping people focused. My IM kept popping up yelling at me for not posting fast enough...LOL. SoCal was just as strong and his thinking created a major secret weapon for us in the contest. Clump has been a pillar of strength the whole time and ultimately uncovered a discrepancy that won us the contest outright and saved the pain in the ass of trying to keep up with the thread all day. I'm sure Jaded would have been just as aggressive when she came online and when it came time to unleash the secret weapon I'm sure she would have been of great value. She just wasn't given the oppotunity because the contest ended early.

I've been very worried the team has been falling apart because I have been quite pushy in some areas. Don't let that effect your performance from here on out please. Please remember everything I have done has been within the context of the game there is nothing personal about it whatsoever. I just think it's a terrible thing if this contest rips people apart. After our performance yesterday...I think it's clear we are a stronger team than the *****es. They have been doing well but I think we have risen above them with focus and creativity. I think if people really want to, we can go on to win a higher amount of the challenges before the merge and take more people into the merge. Several of the Hotties have indicated they have a pact they are going to vote all of us off the island after the merge first. I really think the odds are good we can go in there and turn the tides on them. I know there is only an individual winner in this thing but in my mind if we put someone on our team in a position to win and they do we have won the contest as a team.

Again, excellent job guys. Special mention to SoCal who really put his mind to it to create a secret weapon and Clump who in the end not only won us the contest but also saved us a big pain in the ass.

Shinier than your mom Shiny Chicken's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree typo... we're a good team! I think we can definitely go into the merge with a majority, and wipe the *****es out. I'm sure they would do the same to us.

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Nice sermon. You should be a minister.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    LOL...what would I do with my evil side?

Saving the World One Signature at a Time! Valerie's Avatar
    Somewhere on a Beach sipping something strong
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Yeah, sorry I wasn't online in the late evening and wee morning hours, but I have a regular 8:30-5pm job that requires me to be in bed by midnight at the latest. I got a PM from Typ0 and after the rules were clarified for me, I did PM several weapons, two of whom did post in our challenge thread when they logged on. :) I am certain, that even if CP hadn't found the discrepancy, we would've won!

We have really rallied as a team and I think that we have the advantage now. We just need to stay strong and together and we can go into a merge with more players and pick the *****es off one by one.

Hotties Rock!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
    Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
    The only answer I found for all this hurt
    Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    It's OK about the time Jaded. Sent you the PM because I thought you might be on the boards and didn't know a contest had started . You have been doing as much as you can and you're here enough and have a significant contribution. I did come down on people who couldn't be online but they were not really here at all or very little and were just going to keep us from winning challenges. I think they took it a little personal which they shouldn't it's only a game and I don't see there is any alternative. People have really put things aside and made sacrifices. I can tell, for example, Clump has really been working hard at this not only is he going way out of his way he's also giving 110% when he is here. Not that anyone else isn't it was just an example. I feel bad about the other guys who had no choice but to not have a lot of availability but I also feel if they were given preferential treatment it would have cheated you guys who are working more at it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Well, after our first full week of Survivor, we can see the Log is full of tricks! lol He also has been mixing up the times the challenges begin and end, which has helped a little. Sometimes it's hard to devote all of my time while I'm at work to the game. IMO, I think Log's been fair and I don't think either side has benefited or suffered because of the contest times. I think, all in all, things have been fair. I'm also totally glad that we don't have to do this on the weekend. I have a million and one things to do this weekend and I won't be available much at all.

clumping platelets
    I go on vacation at 7:01am EST Saturday morning. I don't go back until 11pm EST Monday the 10th :)

Vacation!! All I ever wanted.........Vacation!! Hafta get away!

I'm going to very soon and will check in tomorrow morning.

MY ADVICE: Post as often as possible and then transfer the ZB's to the "Swiss bank"

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Yup. Don't forget to transfer your stash out before you depart, CP.

Have a nice and I'll with you on Monday! :)

Thanks again for your help this morning! You rock! :peck:

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    I was ready to go all day today. I had 25 posts after about an hour. I wasn’t going to stop until I hit about 500. Or at least close to that! It was funny because I PM’d about 10 people to just post anything on the thread. But we won anyway. I’d like to take the lead on Monday.
    Resign our own guys!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Sorry Patrick...I forgot about you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Jaded Clump took an entire vacation for this contest I think the least you can do is stomp into your bosses office on Monday morning and tell him/her you are going to do nothing but surf the internet for the entire week and if he doesn't like it too bad.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    You know Typ0, I honeslty would do that, but I'm up for a review and a raise. Today was my 3 year anniversary and now that I have a rent payment, I really can't afford to tell my boss to go to hell. lol But, there are days, when I'd like to, if that's worth anything. lol

You mess up my night, and I'll mess up your day PA Season Ticket Holder's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    We've gotten stronger in the past few days. We need to keep it up.

The merger on the real Survivor show is 11 isn't it? If that's the case, lets go into the merger 7-4

BUFFALO BILLS AND MLB POOLS

http://www.billszone.com/YourSite/global/nfl/pool.php?action=home

Shinier than your mom Shiny Chicken's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    Originally posted by PA Season Ticket Holder
    We've gotten stronger in the past few days. We need to keep it up.

The merger on the real Survivor show is 11 isn't it? If that's the case, lets go into the merger 7-4

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep
    THey usually do the merge at 10 members. But who knows with log. Another thing I remembered. Last season, they put the tribes together, but never merged them. They didn't tell the castaways that they had merged and they started talking to the other tribe. When they showed up for the challenge, Probst split them up into their tribes and a woman who was conspiring was shocked. They voted her out. So look out for a gathering of tribes without a merge. We need to see the word Merge. I don't know if this is necessarily important, but it's a twist I do remember from the show.

clumping platelets
    Maybe it's the other way around in reverse