Thread: The thing that impressed me most about Losman's big game yesterday...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The thing that impressed me most about Losman's big game yesterday...

... was his taking the team down the field at the end of the game and leading them to the winning TD.

I don't care about pretty numbers, or even the Interception returned for a TD. When you get the ball down 4 with less than 2 minutes left and lead your team down for the winning TD, that is noteworthy. That goes a long way towards having his teammates believe in him and building confidence in his ability. It is a big team-building drive.

Now what he has to do is prove it wasn't a once-in-a-while deal. However, despite my having been critical of the kid, what he did was very impressive and he deserves the props.

One thing that struck me about that drive: Perhaps Buffalo should consider using him out of the shotgun more often, because he looked really comfortable back there.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: The thing that impressed me most about Losman's big game yesterday...

Once McGahee is back, I think we'll see the old 12 pass attempt Losman that we know. I hope not.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I agree about him being comfortable in the shot gun, but he also throws better on the run. They've been trying to train him to be a pocket passer, and he's too mobile to be just that. He looked great yesterday, I knew he had it in him!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water! THE END OF ALL DAYS's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,174 Times in 546 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

for once it was an exciting game to watch, not the boring drivel we have been subjected to most of the season
    In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think the last 3 games have been getting better to watch.

Retired - On Several Levels Night Train's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 14,240 Times in 7,618 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf
    Once McGahee is back, I think we'll see the old 12 pass attempt Losman that we know. I hope not.
    After reading the papers today, I believe that thought pattern is in the rear view mirror.

While they kept the Colts game close, It's obvious a team meeting took place or Ralph finally sent down an order to let Losman throw or else. The D isn't good enough for us to feature our Punter on offense every week.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well most here have been *****ing all year to put him in the shotgun and roll him out more. They finally did that Sunday and with a little blocking up front you seen the results. I liked the way they spread the field with 3 and 4 wides with him in the gun. That is what he was at Tulane and he looked good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

All his (JP) success was directly attributed to the O-lines protection!! Mario Williams non factor (props to Pennington) and Preston (good bye Villirrial) also did well along with the rest of the line! I hope JP takes them all out to dinner!

Next week against the Jags will be a better testament on the evaluation of our revamed (again) O-line!

P.S. I have to admit that when JP lead them to the 15 yd line with a chance or 2 to fire it in the endzone I was happy with that, the touchdown was awesome!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,485 Times in 7,099 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    ... was his taking the team down the field at the end of the game and leading them to the winning TD.

I don't care about pretty numbers, or even the Interception returned for a TD. When you get the ball down 4 with less than 2 minutes left and lead your team down for the winning TD, that is noteworthy. That goes a long way towards having his teammates believe in him and building confidence in his ability. It is a big team-building drive.

Now what he has to do is prove it wasn't a once-in-a-while deal. However, despite my having been critical of the kid, what he did was very impressive and he deserves the props.

One thing that struck me about that drive: Perhaps Buffalo should consider using him out of the shotgun more often, because he looked really comfortable back there.
    well said, as for the INT returned for a TD, guess what set that up? The inability to run the ball out of danger. That's JP's fault too as far as the haters go.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Marv said on his show this week, We can't just sit there and try to run and depend on the defense and Field goals.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The INT for touchdown was his one really bad move of the day. However, he really showed something by making the mistake, then bringing his team back and winning the game at the end with a great drive and great TD pass. Well done.

Jon

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Night Train
    After reading the papers today, I believe that thought pattern is in the rear view mirror.

While they kept the Colts game close, It's obvious a team meeting took place or Ralph finally sent down an order to let Losman throw or else. The D isn't good enough for us to feature our Punter on offense every week.
    "Before the game started," Losman recalled, "Steve said, "We're going to be aggressive throwing the ball. J.P., don't hold anything back. I don't care. I'm calling it. You wing it, and let's roll.' "

"The offensive line did a great job protecting," Losman said. "There was nobody around me all day. I was getting the ball out quick. I was making the right reads. Everyone was catching the ball. There was some run after the catch. It's just an awesome team victory."

Maybe the JPHATERS can finally start understanding that the team has been keeping JP conservative and that if he has blocking he can throw the ball.

Geez.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,564 Times in 2,153 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by casdhf
    I don't think McGahee has a lot to do with it. Jauron likes Thomas, and I don't think he changes his game plan much with McGahee out. I think it has more to do with who the opponent is and what he thisnks he can expect from his offensive line than McGahee, or Losman for that matter.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    "Before the game started," Losman recalled, "Steve said, "We're going to be aggressive throwing the ball. J.P., don't hold anything back. I don't care. I'm calling it. You wing it, and let's roll.' "

"The offensive line did a great job protecting," Losman said. "There was nobody around me all day. I was getting the ball out quick. I was making the right reads. Everyone was catching the ball. There was some run after the catch. It's just an awesome team victory."

Maybe the JPHATERS can finally start understanding that the team has been keeping JP conservative and that if he has blocking he can throw the ball.

Geez.
    Not only that, he gave props to his teamates and not attempt to take all the credit. What do we know though? he's a lousy leader , right Moran?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I was very impressed with his poise and stuff. I'm just wondering how much of it was the Texan's defense.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

There is no doubt the coaching staff has been keeping JP conserative and underwraps most of the season. After yesterdays game I think they will now start loosening up on him as the season progresses, but I also don't think you will see the all-out, wide open game plan you saw yesterday either every week. It was a good performance and they keep adding a little more to his game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jayhawk
    I was very impressed with his poise and stuff. I'm just wondering how much of it was the Texan's defense.
    It wasnt perfect. He had a couple of throws that was almost intercepted. Considering the lack of weapons and running game though, he did great. Against the better teams like the bears I doubt he could've been as successful. I'll take the win no matter what. Even if we lost I would've been satisfied with the way we played. All I'm looking for is improvement in the QB position which JP definitely did.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by eyedog
    There is no doubt the coaching staff has been keeping JP conserative and underwraps most of the season. After yesterdays game I think they will now start loosening up on him as the season progresses, but I also don't think you will see the all-out, wide open game plan you saw yesterday either every week. It was a good performance and they keep adding a little more to his game.
    I hope so. I'm not ready to call JP the future of the bills just yet, but at least he moved the right direction.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by justasportsfan
    I hope so. I'm not ready to call JP the future of the bills just yet, but at least he moved the right direction.
    word.

Saying JP is the future now is the equivalent of the haters saying that he needed to go at any point this season.

JP still needs to show he can deal with all the ups and downs of a season. Yesterday, he showed he can handle the downs alright.
    Quote Originally Posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.