• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: DirecTv Subscribers...

Originally posted by OpIv37
    well you're pretty much assured a junk game when one of the teams is Detroit.
    true....but why the hell do we have to see Miami at Detroit every single ****ing year? I'm sick of that matchup. Oh and don't even get me started with the Bucs at Dallas....

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

I love this quote...it shows that the NFL definitely isnt innocent in this whole thing...

The NFL Network filed a lawsuit against Comcast, which is trying to make the channel a premium tier offering for new subscribers.
      "Comcast is prepared to add the NFL Network on our digital sports tier in our new Time Warner and those Adelphia systems that don't already carry the channel," Comcast executive vice president David Cohen said. "Unfortunately, the NFL has filed a lawsuit and Comcast cannot move ahead until the litigation is resolved. Comcast believes it has the right to carry the NFL Network on a sports tier and will vigorously defend its position."
      Spokesman Mark Harrad says Time Warner would pay $140 million a year to provide the channel to all 13.5 million of its subscribers in 33 states, placing it in the top five most expensive cable networks.
      "If we put all expensive sports programming on the standard tier of service, that would increase our rates to all of our customers, even those who didn't particularly care about football or these games," said Harrad.
      NFL Network spokesman Seth Palansky countered that other cable companies and the two main satellite providers are "happily" carrying the network.
      http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pb...611220356/1063
      Basically, the NFL wants it their way or the highway.

Comment

• The_Philster
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
        I especially love how they give junk games for the regular people that will only get the day games. Yet they have a sweet matchup for the night game.....KC vs Denver?
        Detroit and Dallas have hosted Thanksgiving DAY games for decades...that's why those are the day games...tradition.
        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
          !?!?!?!?!?
          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by The_Philster
          Detroit and Dallas have hosted Thanksgiving DAY games for decades...that's why those are the day games...tradition.
          if Miami ever has the shot at the game it recently it seems like they give it to them

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Time to start rotating other teams on Thanksgiving.

I'm sick of Dallas Detroit.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
              if Miami ever has the shot at the game it recently it seems like they give it to them
              well, what do you expect? The NFL has to get one AFC team in on Thanksgiving. The Bills and the Jets were both supposed to suck this year, and they already have Detroit to deal with. And God forbid the NFL ever give their pet team (the Patriots) a short week before a road game. The goal is to make it EASIER for the Pats to win, not HARDER.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                • Mar 2005

QUICK!! Someone give me a couple grand so I can get a big ass HD TV to watch on!!

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

true....but why the hell do we have to see Miami at Detroit every single ****ing year? I'm sick of that matchup. Oh and don't even get me started with the Bucs at Dallas....
                  Yeah Mikey....every freakin' year...this is like the 3rd time we have ever played the Lions on Thanksgiving.,,EVER!!! Nice try though. We played Dallas the last 2 times in 2000 and 1993.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                    • Aug 2005

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                      yeah, 1st time since 2000 and 1993 before that. Don't be hating!

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

I like the Dallas Detroit tradition.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
                          Time to start rotating other teams on Thanksgiving.

I'm sick of Dallas Detroit.
                          Me too. Both games always suck!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

See I told you....the NFL wants ridiculous amounts of money just to broadcast their game on their channel, which the cable and satellite suppliers would pass onto the customers. That's crazy. I wouldnt be surprised if the government steps in and starts the anti-trust stuff.
                            You have no idea what you are talking about.

My cable company carries the NFL Network. Fat & lazy consumers that didn't go out and get a TV provider that gives them what they want miss out.

I applaud the NFL making more games available to a national audience at more times. Put this game on Sunday and you probably would have missed it anyway

Comment

Working...
                            X