• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crazygoo
    • Nov 2005

Re: Weather

Originally posted by Reality Check
    WOW!

Why even take the time to post. You obviously have nothing constructive to add. It's a "FORUM" hence a place where people meet online to discuss events. Figure it out.
    BLAH BLAH BLAH....Go somewhere else
    :chug: BEER ME!!!

Comment

• BoltfanBo
      • Nov 2006

I actuallly think LT will have an average day even against your 26th ranked run D. Not sure how bad your turf is in snow and wet conditions but LT is at his best when he can cut, make moves and excelerate. I see Rivers bouncing back and connecting alot with Gates down field.
      Just remember that an average day for LT is 100 yards and two TD's.

I think with Castio and Merriman back JP is in for a long day. at least 6 sacks.... You will not be able to run the ball that much.

JMHO

Comment

• Reality Check
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Crazygoo
        BLAH BLAH BLAH....Go somewhere else
        Why? Can't discuss the upcoming game? Figures.

Funny, here it's pretty easy to spot the knowledgeable football fans. They're the ones that enjoy a good discussion & have some good insight.

The trolls and chest thumpers are the one's usually with small sentences and a small vocabulary to match. Be proud Crazygoo...

You probably don't even wash that face paint off from one week to the next.

Comment

• HotRod
          Addicted to squares...
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by BoltfanBo
          I actuallly think LT will have an average day even against your 26th ranked run D. Not sure how bad your turf is in snow and wet conditions but LT is at his best when he can cut, make moves and excelerate. I see Rivers bouncing back and connecting alot with Gates down field.
          Just remember that an average day for LT is 100 yards and two TD's.

I think with Castio and Merriman back JP is in for a long day. at least 6 sacks.... You will not be able to run the ball that much.

JMHO

I hope you're right about LT having an "average" day, instead of a career day and new NFL record.....

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
            It's difficult to really determine what kind of factor the weather will be. I don't think Buffalo has had a really snowy game since the new field surface was installed. I think Seattle's field is a similar surface, and it seemed to give pretty good footing despite the snow. Slippery conditions generally give the advantage to the offensive player because he knows what he's going to do and the defensive player has to react. Therefore, the defensive player will be the one more likely to lose his footing. The other factor is shoes. Buffalo's equipment manage should know more about what footwear is going to be best for any given inclement conditions. However, if San Diego has a good experienced guy and they have the right equipment, that advantage evaporates. The other factors will be wind and visibility. JP hasn't played much in the snow, so I can't see that being a particular advantage for Buffalo. On the other hand, if it is windy, JP has the stronger arm and the tighter spiral. He might have a bit of an advantage over Rivers, whose arm is pretty good, but whose mechanics aren't quite as good as Losman's

The only other fact would be the simple fact that Buffalo will have had a little more opportunity to practice in cold weather. The discomfort of the San Diego's players may cost them a bit in focus.
            Well put.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RedEyE
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              cold and snow doesnt seem to come into play that much in the nfl any more...take a look at the game last night. Hasselback was terrible in the 1st half but it wasnt because of the weather - he was just off. Favre had no trouble.
              But there were 8 turnovers in that game. Both QBs threw 3 INTs and each team fumbeld the ball twice. 3 of the 4 fumbles were at fault of the 2 QBs.

I think weather played a large roll in that game. It was a wet snow and the ball was wicked slippery. The QBs were having a tough time grasping the football let alone throwing it downfield. At least the turnover bug doesn't discriminate.

Comment

Working...
              X