• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Schobel94
    The Sack Master
    • Jan 2003

Bengals to drop tag on Spikes???

"The interest in the 6-2, 237-pound Barber, a speedy weak-side linebacker who had 100 tackles for NFC East champion Philadelphia this past season, shows the Bengals are preparing for the possibility of replacing right outside linebacker Takeo Spikes, their transition free agent. Lewis indicated if they sign Barber, the tag could come off and free up Spikes to move, but that was looking too far down the road Friday.
    "

"A deal with Adams could have some aftershocks on the landscape of their roster when it comes to linebacker Takeo Spikes. The big question is if they can afford both Adams and the $4.8 million tag on Spikes that gives the Bengals the right to match an offer for him. If they sign Adams, would they have to let Spikes go? They certainly wouldn’t let him go until they found a replacement, one of Bengals founder Paul Brown’s mottos.
    "

This is a bit encouraging.
    Beware the sack master!
  • ArcticWildMan

One thing they seem to have forgotten is that NOBODY wants to play for the Bengals. Do they really think these two guys are going to want to come to Bungal land?

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

More than a bit I think. Lewis knows Spikes wants out of Cincy.
      Originally posted by paladin warrior
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Winfield_26
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

I think he wants to see the intrest in him first, but from what I hear not many teams are biting because they wanna see what Cincy does first
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Sounds very good! I've just got a feeling Takeo is going to end up a Bill.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

I think he'll leave Buffalo with a signed contract in his hand on Monday!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

He can't Mike!!! Cincy can match any offer we make. It would take several days to finalize a deal.

Comment

• Schobel94
                The Sack Master
                • Jan 2003

That would be sweet, but they would have to drop the tag by then, and thats not gonna happen. What I think IS going to happen is that after his meeting, he will be so impressed (like Fletcher) is that he'll ***** day and night until they drop the tag. That would be awsome.
                Beware the sack master!

Comment

• clumping platelets

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

I think Adams could sign with Cincy. He seems like a "show me the money" player so as long as he is paid he would play for Cincy. Barber might be a hard sell.

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Mike Brown isn't known for "show me the money" contracts
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• kgun12
                        • Jul 2002

"He can't Mike!!! Cincy can match any offer we make. It would take several days to finalize a deal." From AWM.

He can leave here with a signed contract. at that point the Bengals have 7 days to match the offer. If they don't he is ours. If they do there is no more bids alound and Cincy must sign him to the contract we offered.

Clump is this right or wrong.
                        Retired Air Traffic Controller
                        USAF VETERAN
                        DAV

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

that is correct kgun. i am sure of that.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

I'll second that...you're correct kgun12
                            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                              Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                              • Jul 2002

KGun you're correct, however, did anybody catch the article about Spikes from Bengals.com on the frontpage of Billszone? They wrote that if the Bengals don't match an offer for Spikes that a team would have to give up a 1st rounder...uhhh, no they don't! If they don't match, they get nothing...only the Franchise tag guarantees something in return. I'm surprised that a huge mistake like that would be missed by a site reporting football news...then again, it is a website related to the Bungles and we all know how bad they are! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X