Thread: 2006 Billszone Insult Tourney Rules

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

2006 Billszone Insult Tourney Rules

1st round matches will be posted tonight. If its your turn to go first you may fire at will.

Insult Tournament RULES AND REGS...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Zoners go head to head in the brackets until we get down to a single champion.

2. Zoners will take turns insulting each other in their "Battle thread." A "battle thread" is a thread i will post specifically for you and your opponenet to battle in.

3. The number of turns per round will be determined by which round we are in. I will give you a different number of turns at the beginning of each round. This may change in some rounds, so pay attention to the specific rules for that round.

4. A coin flip will determine who goes first in each matchup.

5. Do not post out of turn in your battle thread. One person goes, then their opponent goes, then they go again, then their opponent, etc. Again, this may change if stated in the rules for that round.

6. No one is to post in anyone else's battle thread until the battle is over, at which point you may comment on how you believe the battle went, etc.

7. There is no "official" time limit (unless otherwise stated in that round's rules), but I will make the call when I think time's up. If it's been a day since you posted anything, I may end the battle at that point (or earlier or later at my sole discretion). Please try to check in frequently to see if it's your turn to insult.

8. When all turns are completed, the battle for that round is over, and I will activate a poll in which any user may vote. (If it appears people are registering simply for the reason of voting, or if users use multiple aliases to vote, those votes will not count. Save yourself the trouble. ) The vote will last 12 hours (most rounds), at which time the person who is leading in the poll is declared the winner and moves to the next round.

9. Each round may be different in terms of insult method, etc. so pay close attention to the directions at the beginning of each round.

10. No racist or overtly sexual content is allowed. In most cases, I will not edit a remark unless it is WAY over the line. It is up to the voters to decide of you followed the rules in the competition.

11. There will be a "Peanut Gallery Thread" for outsiders to comment on the competition.

12. There will be ABSOLUTELY no spillover. Any sparring outside the tournament forum will result in the same measures/reprimands for TOS violations at any other time of the year. This goes for competitors and non-combatants alike.

13. NO HURT FEELINGS
    Last edited by Devin; 12-05-2006 at 03:47 PM.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: 2006 Billszone Insult Tourney Rules

10. No racist or overtly sexual content is allowed. In most cases, I will not edit a remark unless it is WAY over the line. It is up to the voters to decide of you followed the rules in the competition.
    Please elaborate on "overtly sexual content ".

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Actually I just copied and pasted LOG's rules from last year. Given this is apparently going to reside in the TZ and youngsters maybe about perhaps?

Honestly I dont give a rip, I just didnt feel like writing new rules.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog
    Please elaborate on "overtly sexual content ".
    I think we should have Valerie show us what that means instead.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Miyagi
    I think we should have Valerie show us what that means instead.

A picture is worth a thousand words.
    Valerie's pictures come w/ an 800 word rebate.