Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819

Thread: Insult Tourney Peanut Gallery

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Insult Tourney Peanut Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    The myspace thing was planned long before the ebay add, a few people knew about it actually. The ebay add was actually something I considered but truthfully I didnt think it would come off that funny. However LOG managed to make it so.

Truth be told LOG's "fanclub" is far larger then mine, even after the myspace thing I figured he still had it in the bag. Guys like you, thurm.....etc will always vote for log no matter the circumstance.

Honestly Im just glad people had fun with it, this years finals were better then any in the past imo.
    I gave you both a for that contest, but didn't vote. You both only got a 5 for the other one..they don't make 2 smilies, and it didn't deserve a lol.

btw, your "Pope" comment had me laughing hysterically! Good stuff!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    I guess I was premature in that assessment. However, I feel the need to explain.

In my assessment, LOG deserved to win because his post was original and creative. It stood out from everything else in the tournament, which was a collection of references to bodily functions or sex acts (sometimes both, and frequently accented with the use of swear words). His idea was original.

That said, I forgot that LOG was fat and lazy, so he sat on his laurels and mailed in the rest of the tournament. He shot his wad with his first effort, and wasn't capable of following it up. That gave you your opening.

Your follow-up was clever and funny, but wasn't original. You probably don't think of the MySpace thing, in my assessment, unless LOG comes out with the EBay idea first. I just don't see you as capable of that kind of original idea, however there is something to be said for copying someone else's idea and doing it well. However, your MySpace thing was just LOG's Ebay ad with your name at the top. Basically, you just stole his homework, IMO.

The other factor is that LOG is something of a Geek. He isn't going to hold up as well against your popular support, as you have more charisma and appeal. You automatically are going to hold favor with the lowest-common-denominator (see Lateral, Forward), wanna-be adults (kini) and just general fawn on the popular guy types (S11). I didn't mention Phil, who I'm not even sure how to classify, but I know will support you like you were his sister. You had those kinds of votes locked up before the thing began.

Thus, in the end, it led to your victory. Granted, a tainted victory, but I'll give you your props. I'm not sure how you can live with it, but I guess you probably know the truth even if you are too insecure to admit it.

I do want to give props to everyone who participated in the tournament. They are the ones that put themselves out there unlike myself who just sat on the sidelines and watched. I'm sure they did far better than I could have, for I'm not very good at insulting people.
    BEST POST EVER!

In fact, I believe if I would have reversed my first and second posts in the finals, I would have rolled to an easy victory. But as you pointed out, I used my strongest post first. By the time my second turn came around, it was the weekend, and I didn't want to waste my whole weekend doing up a humongous second insult.

Also, If I never posted the gmail or drudge report bits, no one would have ever thought to venture out to myspace, etc.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

in charge of you
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    Truth be told LOG's "fanclub" is far larger then mine, even after the myspace thing I figured he still had it in the bag. Guys like you, thurm.....etc will always vote for log no matter the circumstance.
    I think yo're dead wrong there! I piss a lot of people off even though I'm usually just joking around. I have maybe 3 people who would automatically vote for me, and at least 3 times that who would automatically vote against me.

But like I said, it was fun overall. I think you had a good finals, but I was the best overall throughout the tourney. I can live with that.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have been gone way too long. . .

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

yes you have!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by lordofgun
    I think you had a good finals, but I was the best overall throughout the tourney. I can live with that.