If they don't get going on a stadium for downtown...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

If they don't get going on a stadium for downtown...

How about one in Amherst that the Bills can share with UB?
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: If they don't get going on a stadium for downtown...

The Bills and the Bulls. Why not?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      The Bills and the Bulls. Why not?
      Is there space where the old Memorial Auditorium? Real Estate costs are a punitive charge on any stadium.

Can we persuade the city to stump up the cost? It is quite possible to build a $400m stadium with a sliding roof.

$100m of this can be recouped in naming rights. If the city can get commitment to use the stadium for a superbowl and a college bowl game, that again eats into the debt.

With the stable revenue from ticket sales, the loan for the stadium can be secured against ticket revenues rather than taxes.

With a sliding roof, you can use the stadium for ice hockey playoffs, exhibtions, trade fairs, concerts etc. All chargeable, all eating into the debt.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
        How about one in Amherst that the Bills can share with UB?
        Not a crazy Idea. It would be great to get the UB football program really going!!!

Amherst has tons of things around that would build up the area.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

The state paid for a dome for Syracuse, and Syracuse is a cow town.

Comment

• DMBcrew36
            • Feb 2005

Personally, I think it needs to be downtown. Sorry for lack of explanation but I'm sure you know most of the reasons why.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
              The state paid for a dome for Syracuse, and Syracuse is a cow town.
              grrrrr
              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by kernowboy
                Is there space where the old Memorial Auditorium? Real Estate costs are a punitive charge on any stadium.

Can we persuade the city to stump up the cost? It is quite possible to build a $400m stadium with a sliding roof.

$100m of this can be recouped in naming rights. If the city can get commitment to use the stadium for a superbowl and a college bowl game, that again eats into the debt.

With the stable revenue from ticket sales, the loan for the stadium can be secured against ticket revenues rather than taxes.

With a sliding roof, you can use the stadium for ice hockey playoffs, exhibtions, trade fairs, concerts etc. All chargeable, all eating into the debt.
                Trying to put one right there would be a nightmare....They'd have to knock down a lot of buildings to fit a football stadium in there...south of the Arena is the best place, IMO....but let's face it...it will be a long time before a new stadium comes in
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                  I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
                  • May 2005

The thing that keeps making me laugh in all these "new stadium" threads is that you all want stadiums with closed roof capabilities, yet you expect them to be left open for cold weather Bills games...

Of course I love our cold weather advantage and such, but I can't possibly see the NFL saying, ok, leave the roof open since it's 25 degrees and snowing today!

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
                    The thing that keeps making me laugh in all these "new stadium" threads is that you all want stadiums with closed roof capabilities, yet you expect them to be left open for cold weather Bills games...

Of course I love our cold weather advantage and such, but I can't possibly see the NFL saying, ok, leave the roof open since it's 25 degrees and snowing today!
                    Yeah....truth be told, I think if we had a retractable roof stadium, I think the NFL would step in and be the ones to say when it's closed or not
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

Put them back on Jefferson and Best!

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja

Dallas gerts to decide when to leave the "root" (sunlight) open and closed; it is a team decision.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

All wrong.

Best bet for keeping the team in Buffalo is building a new 200,000 seat stadium in Tulsa, and then building a high-speed rail to the stadium from Downtown Buffalo

Comment

• The_Philster
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                            All wrong.

Best bet for keeping the team in Buffalo is building a new 200,000 seat stadium in Tulsa, and then building a high-speed rail to the stadium from Downtown Buffalo

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

I will have no problems with a dome. I am sick of freezing my balls off!

Comment

Working...
                              X