Your Rian Lindell deciding if you wanna come back to Buffalo.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BILLSROCK1212
    !?!?!?!?!?
    • Mar 2006

Your Rian Lindell deciding if you wanna come back to Buffalo.............

Lindell is a FA this offseason, if your Lindell to come back to the Bills or do you go to a team like lets say the Cowboys?
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Your Rian Lindell deciding if you wanna come back to Buffalo.............

Why would I come to a team that has no confidence in me?
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• jpetre13
      • Sep 2006

no confidence? um they asked him if he could make it and he said no... i think you mean him not having confidence in himself

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jpetre13
        no confidence? um they asked him if he could make it and he said no... i think you mean him not having confidence in himself
        you got a source on that?
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jpetre13

Im not buying the Jauron excuse. He was warming up, having a career day, and they dont let him. I have a hard time buying they said: "Hey Rian, do you think you can make this kick?" "No coach, I suck."
          COMING SOON...

Comment

• gr8slayer
            • Feb 2005

Hey, Lindell's name has been mentioned in Dallas lately as a FA kicker.

Comment

• jpetre13
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by OpIv37
              you got a source on that?
              i listened to the interview on the radio coming home from the game

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

JPetre is right. Lindell said Jauron looked at him and he replied with a look of "no".

From Jauron's interview, that's the reason of the confusion. They had a pre-game decided line of 25 yard line for Lindell. But Jauron wanted to hear from Lindell himself at that time.

Comment

• YardRat
                  Well, lookie here...
                  • Dec 2004

Lindell said 'No'. I saw the interview on the news after the game. From the horse's mouth, no quoting involved.
                  YardRat Wall of Fame
                  #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                  #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

well then I dont want Lindell back, I dont care if he wants to come back or not....

Though Im a man and Ill admit I was wrong to not believe Jauron in this situation.
                    COMING SOON...

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Let's put this in perspective...it's not like it was the last play of the game with one second on the clock.....

Lindell said he couldn't make it, and the coaching staff somewhat knew that also based on the markers they got from the pre-game kicks. If it were a 70 yarder with no wind, fourth down and five and plenty of time on the clock would you blame the kicker for saying "No, I've got a better chance if you get me a few more yards"?

It's unrealistic to expect the impossible. The odds were better for a score if the team got a first down. Plain and simple. Good call in hindsight.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                        Let's put this in perspective...it's not like it was the last play of the game with one second on the clock.....

Lindell said he couldn't make it, and the coaching staff somewhat knew that also based on the markers they got from the pre-game kicks. If it were a 70 yarder with no wind, fourth down and five and plenty of time on the clock would you blame the kicker for saying "No, I've got a better chance if you get me a few more yards"?

It's unrealistic to expect the impossible. The odds were better for a score if the team got a first down. Plain and simple. Good call in hindsight.

Im not arguing whether it was a good call or not, but winners always want the ball in the clutch. Lindell saying no makes me seriously question his desire to win the game.
                        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Im not arguing whether it was a good call or not, but winners always want the ball in the clutch. Lindell saying no makes me seriously question his desire to win the game.
                          and it shows with the amount of clutch kicks that he doesn't make.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            If it were to be the last play of the game, with no time left on the clock, I would probably lean more towards that mind-set. But it wasn't. I'm sure he wouldn't have backed off if the line of scrimmage was the 25 yard line, or closer.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

• YardRat
                              Well, lookie here...
                              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              and it shows with the amount of clutch kicks that he doesn't make.
                              He's had one...count 'em...ONE...kick in his entire career in Buffalo where the outcome of the game hinged on his foot.

And he MADE it.

I'd like to hear about all these clutch kicks he's 'missed' if you've got the time.
                              YardRat Wall of Fame
                              #56 DARRYL TALLEY

Comment

Working...
                              X