Thread: Commisioners State of the League Address 1/1/07

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Commisioners State of the League Address 1/1/07

My fellow owners.

I would like to extend my congratulations to all the owners of the league on another fine year. Also, thank you for your patience wth regard to this address.

As we look back on the 2006 year, I must first, thank my co-commisioners for all their help during the draft and season. Sincere thanks go to L.A. Playa for stepping up to the plate and taking over when my schedule became too hectic and busy for me to run the season. Without him there would not have been a season. We ALL owe him a debt of gratitude.

I would first like to address some of the recent accusations regarding the results of the league this season. I hope any accusations were throw in jest and were not serious charges. Although a cursory observer this season (I never even submitted a line-up after game 3 this year) I see no reason to think that the Playas in any way affected the outcome of any game. After each team had drafted approximately 45 players last year I was able to run a quick mock and the Playas were a formidable team. Good cap management, player selection and SMART trades helped build an outstanding team we might not see the likes of again. Although owning the game helps it does not give one owner an advantage over any other. The game is still run by a computer and will act like a computer when least expected.

Now, I would like to address some individual topics.

1. Ownership in our second year was much stronger than the first. I appreciate the time all the owners spend on the league and am happy that we are 20 strong. This bodes very well for our future.

2. Expansion. I would like to see the league move toward the real NFL and have 32 owners. It would make the game much more interesting. 20 owners is fun but the teams are almost a little too "All-Star" like. 32 teams really makes stretegy and drafting more difficult. To this end I would like to add 2 or 4 teams this offseason.

3. Salary Cap. The cap will not change in 2007.

4. Realignment. Short of new teams there will be no realignment unless there are owners who drop. No team is eligible to switch stadia next year.

5. Game ownership. I would eventually like to have a league where each owner buys his/her own copy of the game and each game is played over the internet head to head. Possibly we could start this in 2007 by having owners that buy the game play some exibition games or regular season games head to head (yes, calling their own plays and substitutions).

6. League schedule. The game disc for 2006 should be available on 3/15. I will order it as soon as the manufacturers take orders. We have traditionally started the draft in April. I will continue that tradition this year. We will start the draft no later than May 1. The next step is to get a new list of rosters to each owner. I hope to send the spreadsheets out no later than February 1. Players may be cut at any time (look for new thread and only post moves in that thread). A trade moritorium will run from 1/8-2/1 in order to get all rosters in place. At this time envision that all contract offers will need to be returned to the league office by 4/8-15 (date to be announced later).

7. League constitution. I will be spending some time in January updating the constitution. We made some changes and put some rules in last year that have not been included.

As always any suggestions that you have are more than welcome and will be considered. Please feel free to add suggestions or general questions to this thread.

Owners. Again. Thank you for another successful year. I look forward to having you all back next year. If there are no objections I will begin looking for 2-4 new owners for expansion and start to device expansion rules. Please signify that you have read the address by "thanking" the thread (no groans please ).

I hearby declare the league business for 2006 closed.
    Last edited by Ebenezer; 01-01-2007 at 05:06 AM.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Commisioners State of the League Address 1/1/07

since nobody has really explained to me how this league is run,when and how do we go about signing players to extended contracts?
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    since nobody has really explained to me how this league is run,when and how do we go about signing players to extended contracts?
    I will be sending an excel spreadsheet to every owner (I believe you received one). On this spreadsheet you will find a page dedicated to your team. On that page it will have different sections containing guys under contract and guys without a contract. The guys under contract are pretty self-explanatory. In the other part of the page you will see that I have filled in the $$ amounts for each player you can "offer" a contract to. You delete the years you do not want to offer. If you don't want to resign a guy you delete all the years. You e-mail the spreadsheet back to me to make it official. Anybody you cut becomes a FA.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    I will be sending an excel spreadsheet to every owner (I believe you received one). On this spreadsheet you will find a page dedicated to your team. On that page it will have different sections containing guys under contract and guys without a contract. The guys under contract are pretty self-explanatory. In the other part of the page you will see that I have filled in the $$ amounts for each player you can "offer" a contract to. You delete the years you do not want to offer. If you don't want to resign a guy you delete all the years. You e-mail the spreadsheet back to me to make it official. Anybody you cut becomes a FA.

ok but will you be making the announcement that you're sending these out?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    ok but will you be making the announcement that you're sending these out?
    yes...and they will arrive via e-mail.

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wow, this looks like the most intense league I've ever seen. I'm sorry I missed out on it.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    Wow, this looks like the most intense league I've ever seen. I'm sorry I missed out on it.
    any interest?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36

i took this team on a notice and i don't quite fully understand it.i just want to be sure that i'm not missing anything.

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

thanks

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Question Re: Commisioners State of the League Address 1/1/07