• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

I despise CBS...

Allow me to rant for a moment.

You spend a couple grand on a plasma set, several hundred on tuners, antennas, surround sound, etc,

and CBS gives you a football game that's upverted and cropped on the sides.

WTF is up with that?

I may not like Rupert Murdoch and everything the fscumbag stands for, I may hate his announcers, and not even follow the NFC...

...but at least every one of his games are in full letterbox 1080i.

CBS is a joke.
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: I despise CBS...

If you're trying to be Op Jr, we've already got JoeMama auditioning for the role
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

You spend a couple grand on a plasma set, several hundred on tuners, antennas, surround sound, etc,

WTF is up with that?

I may not like Rupert Murdoch and everything the fscumbag stands for, I may hate his announcers, and not even follow the NFC...

your right

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
        !?!?!?!?!?
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Billsology

WTF is up with that?

CBS is a joke.
        they give an explanation for this on wikipedia

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Billsology

WTF is up with that?

CBS is a joke.
          CBS's HD is a joke- we haven't had an HD game since Indy. I've been ranting about this for months. 3 HD games a week is ****ing pathetic, especially when their competitor, Fox, has 6. There have been weeks where Fox had EVERY ONE of their games in HD and CBS had 5 that weren't HD. There's simply no excuse for that.

Unfortunately, CBS has a monopoly on AFC games, so the network is able to circumvent the usual inherent market forces that would force it to keep up with the competition. For most of us, watching Seattle vs. Tampa Bay in HD is not a suitable alternative to watching the Bills. The NFL should threaten to give the contract to NBC or ABC/ESPN if CBS doesn't join the 21st ****ing century sometime soon- that would put the competition factor back into play.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
            • Aug 2005

They have the ****ing Gator Bowl yet only 3 NFL games.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

upverted???

I guess since I am watching a TV I already know it isn't like I am there in person.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Stewie
                Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                • Aug 2002

blah blah blah... rich people *****ing... blah blah blah
                Originally posted by Topdog
                Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                Originally posted by mercyrule
                I love Weiner.
                Originally posted by mercyrule
                also cheese

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

I think all of the rich people who are *****ing ought to be willing to pay more to see Biills in HD. Do not a worry though in future every game will be in high definition when government rams HD down our throats.

Comment

• Cntrygal
                    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
                    • Jul 2002

I don't even know what upverted means.
                    Originally posted by notacon
                    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
                      I think all of the rich people who are *****ing ought to be willing to pay more to see Biills in HD. Do not a worry though in future every game will be in high definition when government rams HD down our throats.
                      I pay $10 a month extra for DirecTV's HD package and $100 extra for the Superfan package to get the HD games, not to mention the cost of the TV, the receiver, and the satellite dish. I'm willing to pay extra and I am paying extra, but I still get screwed because of CBS. It's ridiculous.

Oh and you're absolutely right about the government ramming HD down our throats- despite the tremendous advances in technology over the last two decades or so, we should all be watching the exact same quality picture that our parents and grandparents watched when color TV's became affordable 35 years ago .

I mean, 70 years ago the FCC decided that TV should be in 4:3 but movies should be in 16:9 so we should still have to watch movies with either 1/3 of our screen as black bars or the sides of the picture cut off in reformatting, right?

You shouldn't be *****ing about the government "ramming" HD down our throats- you should be *****ing about the fact that it's taken them 70 years to correct an oversight and that it's taking them so long to embrace new technology.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mikemac2001
                        is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                        • Mar 2003

hes right i aint rich but have an HDTV i bought and i saw like one game in HD i mean fox are all HD and the diff is huge, im sick of saints giants and philly in HD i want my bills

MUCK
                        FIAMI

Comment

• JoeMama
                          Emotion Sickness
                          • Oct 2002

My real beef w/ CBS is all the god damn commercials.

Honestly, I've never seen a channel cram in more commercials than CBS during a football game.

CBS takes it so far that you even miss a play or two every game.

It gets annoying.
                          Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JoeMama
                            My real beef w/ CBS is all the god damn commercials.

Honestly, I've never seen a channel cram in more commercials than CBS during a football game.

CBS takes it so far that you even miss a play or two every game.

It gets annoying.
                            and all that advertising money is revenue they could be using to convert to HD. They make us watch the ads and then they keep all the benefits instead of passing it on to their customers with enhanced service. That's BS.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• kinigirly
                              • Sep 2005

all i saw were drug commercials nonstop, especially for the old erectile dysfunction disorder. at least they understand their audience

Comment

Working...
                              X