• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Draft Value in 07'

I am once again having a hard time finding someone who has is truely a #1 pick.

Some of the DE's are nasty, Peterson is certainly something to consider even though I spent a 1st rounder on a RB two years ago. Long, Baker and Thomas are something to condsider. But I dont know if I have a gapping need for a Tackle. Leon Hall is an interesting thought, but I feel like I could pick him up later in the first.

Prospects...

DE:
    Gaines Adams /Clemson
    Quentin Moses /Georgia
    Ray McDonald /Florida

CB:
    Leon Hall /Michigan

RB:
    Adrian Peterson /Oklahoma

OT:
    Joe Thomas /Wisconsin
    Sam Baker /USC
    Jake Long /Michigan
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• R. Rich
    • Apr 2003

Re: Draft Value in 07'

Take Troy Smith. He's good.

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by R. Rich
      Take Troy Smith. He's good.
      He is good. But I have to base my decision on someone who will play in the next year and that aint him.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Devin
        The Octagon
        • Apr 2003

Unless your taking Quinn, Thomas or Johnson you might as well trade down.
        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• SABURZFAN
          short bus extraordinaire
          • Jul 2002

i'm just gonna wait and let the Brewsers and the Assassins let the guy i want fall to me at #3.trading down is an option too.
          Originally posted by yordad
          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The King
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Devin
            Unless your taking Quinn, Thomas or Johnson you might as well trade down.
            I cant imagine people knocking down my door for the 1st.
            It was all

Comment

• tampabay25690
              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
              I cant imagine people knocking down my door for the 1st.
              You are right there, I dont see anyone that is worth the 1st pick at all....The guy I thinbk will probably be there around 5th anyway...
              GO Gators!!!!!!
              GO GATORS!!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                short bus extraordinaire
                • Jul 2002

i can still see the guy i want falling to me at #3.
                Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• tampabay25690
                  • Feb 2004

I like where I ma in the draft 9th there are a few different ways I can go in this one. My most logical pick should be ILB Willis from Ole Miss that is 1 part of my team that is hurting, but I think its to low to take him there...
                  GO Gators!!!!!!
                  GO GATORS!!

Comment

• Canadian'eh!
                    • Mar 2004

Some of the DE's are nasty, Peterson is certainly something to consider even though I spent a 1st rounder on a RB two years ago. Long, Baker and Thomas are something to condsider. But I dont know if I have a gapping need for a Tackle. Leon Hall is an interesting thought, but I feel like I could pick him up later in the first.

Prospects...

DE:
                    Gaines Adams /Clemson
                    Quentin Moses /Georgia
                    Ray McDonald /Florida

CB:
                    Leon Hall /Michigan

RB:

OT:
                    Joe Thomas /Wisconsin
                    Sam Baker /USC
                    Jake Long /Michigan
                    I'm mildly interested in moving from #5 into the top 3. But it's a hard choice. I see maybe 3-4 players that are at the top. and 2 of which do not fit my needs, after taking reggie bush last year. plus i have no idea what my OL grades will be of course. #5 might be an interesting spot actually... I have a clear top 3 in my mind, but it's only a mild drop off to position 5.....

Comment

• R. Rich
                      • Apr 2003

Prospects...

DE:
                      Gaines Adams /Clemson
                      Quentin Moses /Georgia
                      Ray McDonald /Florida

CB:
                      Leon Hall /Michigan

RB:

OT:
                      Joe Thomas /Wisconsin
                      Sam Baker /USC
                      Jake Long /Michigan

If those are your top candidates, I don't think I'd take any of them w/ the top overall pick. Look to trade down and see if you can still land one of them.

I think the Assassins will probably go for the best player on the board when the 2nd pick comes up, if they don't trade the pick.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                        short bus extraordinaire
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                        If those are your top candidates, I don't think I'd take any of them w/ the top overall pick. Look to trade down and see if you can still land one of them.

I think the Assassins will probably go for the best player on the board when the 2nd pick comes up, if they don't trade the pick.

don't take the guy i want or there will be beatings.

Comment

• BEARSFAN
                          • Sep 2006

OK, WHO LET THE 10 YEAR OLDS IN THE LEAGUE. WHAT ARE WE? CHILDREN? IF HE PICKS YOUR GUY WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, TAKE YOUR BALL AND GO HOME? COME ON LETS BE REALISTIC HERE. I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU TELL US WHO YOU WANT TO DRAFT AND WE'LL BE SURE NOT TO DRAFT THEM, OK?, LITTLE TIMMY.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BEARSFAN
                            OK, WHO LET THE 10 YEAR OLDS IN THE LEAGUE. WHAT ARE WE? CHILDREN? IF HE PICKS YOUR GUY WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO, TAKE YOUR BALL AND GO HOME? COME ON LETS BE REALISTIC HERE. I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU TELL US WHO YOU WANT TO DRAFT AND WE'LL BE SURE NOT TO DRAFT THEM, OK?, LITTLE TIMMY.

you obviously haven't been around the board long enough to understand the joke in that post. i had beers with the guy last week too.

Comment

• BEARSFAN
                              • Sep 2006

I HAVE BEEN AROUND THE BOARDS AND IN THAT TIME THE ONLY JOKE I'VE SEEN SO FAR IS YOUR POSTS.

Post edited. Play nice.
                              Last edited by Devin; 03-12-2007, 05:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X