Thread: Jones says Bledsoe returning to Dallas 'not realistic'

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Jones says Bledsoe returning to Dallas 'not realistic'

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said he expects to have veteran receivers Terry Glenn and Terrell Owens on the roster next season.
    Drew Bledsoe is another story.
    "Well, I don't know that he'll retire," Jones was quoted Friday on the Dallas Morning News Web site. "That would surprise me. But it's probably not realistic to think that we could work something out here."
    Bledsoe has two strikes against him. He is due a $1 million roster bonus in March and likely will count about $7.5 million against the salary cap should he return. Plus, the Cowboys have a promising young quarterback in Tony Romo, who directed Dallas into the playoffs.
    Bledsoe, a 14-year veteran out of Washington State, has said that he would not want to end his career as a backup.
    Bledsoe had seven touchdowns and eight interceptions in six games before getting benched.

Full Story
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Jones says Bledsoe returning to Dallas 'not realistic'

I hope he doesnt over stay... Hang out until pre-season see if any QB's go down and he can contribute if that doesn't happen, retire.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,436 Times in 925 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Bledsoe: Pimped by a newbie again!

Hey teams, with young and promising QB's. Sign Bledsoe and then when he screws up, which he inevitably will, put your young one in. Bledsoe seems to have a talent for developing young QB's by showing them what NOT to do in a game.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 853 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

drew needs to be sent to the glue farm. for his own good he had a nice career not really for us but on the whole time to give it up

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 627 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I feel bad for Drew. He always seemed like a pretty decent guy. Not the best QB ever, but he had his moments. While he just hasn't played well consistently enough to lock down a job anywhere, it does suck to see him getting shaft after shaft.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Thanks
    Thanked 30,677 Times in 17,519 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Oakland? Detroit? Cleveland?
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    Miami!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DevilPaul
    Bledsoe: Pimped by a newbie again!

Hey teams, with young and promising QB's. Sign Bledsoe and then when he screws up, which he inevitably will, put your young one in. Bledsoe seems to have a talent for developing young QB's by showing them what NOT to do in a game.
    Bledsoe's been washed up for years. By dictating his play he should've been retired about 7 years ago.

At least the younger QB's can watch him play and screw up and try and make sure they never do that stuff.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by YardRat
    I wouldn't be surprised if somebody like Oakland or a junk team without a QB thinks they can tap into his talents that no other coach has been able to do.

Bledsoe is a lost cause. He's always had the talent but never put enough effort into his game to improve and correct his mistakes. He's basically the same QB now that he was 12 years ago.

When football season or practice is over Bledsoe's time in is over too. This is a job to him and he never put in the extra effort that the top QB's put in.

I'm glad JP is the exact opposite. He works hard and wants to be the best he can be. When football season is over with he's still training, watching tape and practicing. He has a great work ethic.

2020-2023 AFC East Champions! Historian's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 28,521 Times in 15,599 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wish he would just put us all out of our misery, and retire.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

that is the 3rd time bledsoe has been trumped by a young qb.. isnt it 3 strikes and your out?

go retire to your sweet ass house in montana and live on the millions you robbed from buffalo.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka
    that is the 3rd time bledsoe has been trumped by a young qb.. isnt it 3 strikes and your out?

go retire to your sweet ass house in montana and live on the millions you robbed from buffalo.
    Him and Rob Johnson should go have some beers together and reminesce about their golden money years in Buffalo.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Tatonka

He also robbed the Patriots of even more millions and some of the Cowboys. He has defintely fooled enough teams and coaches into thinking they could tap into his talents and make him a winner. Nobody was able to and it cost them millions upon millions over the last 12 years.

Bledsoe has made more millions then any player in the NFL over the last 12 years. That is pathetic for a loser with no heart and pride in himself to improve. He has that nice strong arm though that every coach thought they could change when nobody else couldn't.

Please retire. Football has been a job to this loser for years and not the most important thing. Once football was over he was done thinking about it till the next season instead of trying to improve.

Go retire with the 80 million you've stolen from 3 different clubs and chill out in your mansion in Montana and hunt and fish all you want.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He could go to Houston and lock up the sack record.