• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Senior Bowl and Draft Notes

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

Guy seems really impressed with Willis.. If he's really this productive, if we dont score Briggs or June this guy sounds like a great pick.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Senior Bowl and Draft Notes

I have this sinking feeling that when it comes to Briggs, June, and Willis we're going to be 0 for 3.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Well 2 things are certain..

1) We're losing Fletcher
      2) Whether via FA or the draft we BETTER get an impact LB who can make plays all over the field. Cause Spikes/Crowell/Ellison is NOT going to cut it. It is a semi-decent LB corp, but it is NOT going to be a unit of difference makers.

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Brandon Mebane has been getting a lot of buzz. I like what i've read about him. He sounds like he may be a good fit in the bills system.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
          Well 2 things are certain..

1) We're losing Fletcher
          2) Whether via FA or the draft we BETTER get an impact LB who can make plays all over the field. Cause Spikes/Crowell/Ellison is NOT going to cut it. It is a semi-decent LB corp, but it is NOT going to be a unit of difference makers.

Agreed. If what they said on pfw was true, then they will look to replace fletcher with a bigger and better mlb. Willis fits the bill. If they dont' feel Ellison should be a starter, then they could get a guy like boss bailey.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

Well the good thing about Crowell is he is versatile and could play OLB or MLB...

So they could go after the better LB period, rather than be stuck having to take a specific LB position.

Personally, and I highly doubt it would happen; but if we spend money on ONE big FA signing, I really hope its Briggs cause our LB's would be nasty..

I would then use our 12th pick on whomever the best all-around (including run stopping) DE is in the draft. I hear there are 3-4 REALLY solid DE's in this class.

That would make our front seven VERY FORMIDABLE.. and yes our corners would be weaker w/o Clements but maybe we can get more help there and even if not, having a better front seven to me is more important than spending a pile of money on a cornerback.

As for RB, I REALLY like Lynch- But I really think like it or not, Marv is going to sick with Willis for this year, let him play his contract out and then see whats out there in FA or draft next year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

For the record:

Both teams in the Super Bowl have great front sevens and average secondaries, with great SS (Sanders and the injured Brown). Whitner could be that guy for us.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

I think Brandon Siler from UF will be a better LB option than Pat Willis.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Night Train
                  Retired - On Several Levels
                  • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                  replace fletcher with a bigger and better mlb. Willis fits the bill.
                  Willis weighs 10 lbs. less than Fletcher. Might be OK as an inside guy in a 3-4 D but not sure he's big enough to avoid getting run over as a true MLB in a 4-3.

I like Harris Of Michigan in the middle more. Saw him play several games this past year. Fast to the hole and strong. 250 lbs. and a true run stuffer who can shed the blocks. Could very well be there in Round 2.
                  Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• eyedog
                    • Jul 2002

I also like Harris and may be there in the 3rd rd.

Comment

• raphael120
                      Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                      • Oct 2005

I dont know about anyone else, but I think putting Crowell in MLB position is a big no no, he's not as big as Willis and I believe if we do get Willis, he would turn out to be a lot better. As much as Crowell is praised, he really isn't that impact player....yet. He's shown flashes this last season, but when youre with Fletcher and Spikes, its like being a half way decent looker and goin to the bar with 2 fat dudes and looking that much more attractive.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

Cal's Daymeion Hughes, before getting knocked out with a hamstring injury, was the best corner in Mobile. He still needs some technique work, but he's been far better than the overrated big-name DB prospects who haven't been sensational.
                        Ole Miss LB Patrick Willis was ultra-productive in college, and now shows it should translate to the next level. He's done enough to be considered a top 15-caliber pick, or a big-time steal if he falls late in the first round.
                        Like I said before, Hughes is going to be the best CB out of this draft.

Willis has got to be awfully high on the Bills' board.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                          !?!?!?!?!?
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          I think Brandon Siler from UF will be a better LB option than Pat Willis.
                          100% agree on this

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Aug 2004

I think that there are a couple of ways that the Bills could go to deal with their needs at LB and a lot of options available in this draft, but the reports that I have seen are that Patrick Willis has been the best LB at the Senior Bowl workouts so far this week. If the Bills decide to draft a MLB to replace Fletcher-Baker rather than addressing the issue in some other way, I can definitely see them being very interested in Willis and would not be unhappy if they were to decide to make him their pick.

But, as Pat pointed out in another thread, it's still early and there is a long way to go before the draft.
                            Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                              • Nov 2005

Originally posted by BILLSROCK1212
                              100% agree on this
                              I disagree with both of ya.

I like Siler, too. But Pat Willis is the truth and would be a great, great pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X