Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lance Briggs will most likely be franchised per Sirrius.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Lance Briggs will most likely be franchised per Sirrius.

Just heard that the rumor out of Chicago is a franchise tag for Mr. Briggs. Maybe time to think about re-signing Clements. Maybe paying #1 money for a top 6 corner is stupid but it's better than having a top 25 corner playing with a scrub LB.

Carlton Bailey

Re: Lance Briggs will most likely be franchised per Sirrius.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

What did Sirius report though?
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cato June is still available and top on my list.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cato June would be a lateral move.
    www.billsaddiction.com -The Home of Bills Addicts-

Dude's Little Ignorant Crony RockStar36's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

No matter what they do this off-season people will be pissed. Personally, if signing Clements should still be on the list of things to do. Whether or not it actually happens is another topic, but to completely rule it out is foolish. I don't see how Youboty could be his replacement. Nobody has really seen him play. And considering how often I saw McGee get toasted this past season, it worries me to think it will be McGee and Youboty.

kernowboy

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Cato June is still available and top on my list.
    Briggs was statistically good and yet somehow annoymous on Sunday

June would be no better than Ellison.

If we are going to make the LB corp younger and bigger, we might want to look at Napolean Harris 6ft2 and 255lbs and only 27 in the middle and then draft early in Day1 - Timmons, Posluzny, or Willis. Even if we cut TKO that would give us youth, talent and depth

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

If not Briggs then i want Boss Bailey.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    Maybe time to think about re-signing Clements. Maybe paying #1 money for a top 6 corner is stupid but it's better than having a top 25 corner playing with a scrub LB.

That's perfect logic. I'm serious. It's what I've been saying.
    Resign our own guys!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar36
    No matter what they do this off-season people will be pissed. Personally, if signing Clements should still be on the list of things to do. Whether or not it actually happens is another topic, but to completely rule it out is foolish. I don't see how Youboty could be his replacement. Nobody has really seen him play. And considering how often I saw McGee get toasted this past season, it worries me to think it will be McGee and Youboty.
    I was willing to let Clements walk based on us bringing talent in other places. If there is nobody that significantly upgrades us at another position than re-signing Clements makes sense. Plus I'd have his ass returning punts like he used to.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Clements is NOT a need. You do NOT need top CB's playing the cover 2.

You don't see how yobotay can be his replacement, but then you say no one has really seen him play, including you. So how can you say he can't be clements replacement?

I see us signing a mid tier guy like nick harper to come in and compete with Yo for the job.

Top flight corners 1) arent' worth taking up about 1/10th of your cap on one player and 2) not a need in the cover 2

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kernowboy
    Briggs was statistically good and yet somehow annoymous on Sunday

June would be no better than Ellison.

If we are going to make the LB corp younger and bigger, we might want to look at Napolean Harris 6ft2 and 255lbs and only 27 in the middle and then draft early in Day1 - Timmons, Posluzny, or Willis. Even if we cut TKO that would give us youth, talent and depth
    Ok lets get this out of the way Poslunzny is NOT going to be a good NFL QB. During the SR bowl week he looked AWFUL! he isn't athletic, slow etc. This was linked at some point during that week.

If anything you leave OLB alone and draft P willis or the kid from Florida to play ILB for us.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by ICE74129

You don't see how yobotay can be his replacement, but then you say no one has really seen him play, including you. So how can you say he can't be clements replacement?

I see us signing a mid tier guy like nick harper to come in and compete with Yo for the job.

Top flight corners 1) arent' worth taking up about 1/10th of your cap on one player and 2) not a need in the cover 2
    Unless I'm missing something he has only played a handful of plays in the NFL. That's a pretty big risk going into next season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Word.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is the counter argument that I have been pitching. Youboty will be a fine corner but not an improvement over Clements. If the Bills aren't making a major upgrade at LB, DT or DE than we just took a step backwards. PERIOD.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unless I'm missing something he has only played a handful of plays in the NFL. That's a pretty big risk going into next season.
    And Winfield and clements played none but started as rookies. Yobotay has the size, athleticism and speed needed to play CB in the NFL plus his background of also being from OSU. So he will have about a full year in our system vs winfield and clements being rookie starters.

I have no issue with giving him every chance to show what he can do.

kernowboy

Ok lets get this out of the way Poslunzny is NOT going to be a good NFL QB. During the SR bowl week he looked AWFUL! he isn't athletic, slow etc. This was linked at some point during that week.

If anything you leave OLB alone and draft P willis or the kid from Florida to play ILB for us.
    Posluzny doesn't play QB

At LB many coaches say that while he never performs well in Senior Bowl type workouts he is a player with instincts and intelligence, the intangibles to become a very good player. How many NFL top players have never look good in tests? How many LBs have to run a 40yds dash in the Pros?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    This is the counter argument that I have been pitching. Youboty will be a fine corner but not an improvement over Clements. If the Bills aren't making a major upgrade at LB, DT or DE than we just took a step backwards. PERIOD.
    I was watching NFLN Sun morning and they were talking about the Bears CB's and deion. Mooch said 'This is not (hugging deion) a cover 2 corner'. What he meant was you don't need great CB's for the cover 2.

signing clements is a waste of money.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I don't have a problem with him starting. It was a draft pick that I really liked last year. I just think it's a risk to throw him in the starting lineup considering that they plan on upgrading a good portion of the D.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by kernowboy
    Posluzny doesn't play QB

At LB many coaches say that while he never performs well in Senior Bowl type workouts he is a player with instincts and intelligence, the intangibles to become a very good player. How many NFL top players have never look good in tests? How many LBs have to run a 40yds dash in the Pros?
    DOH LOL Meant LB Yeah instincts, tough etc...and very slow and unathletic. I am not talking about combine here, I am talking about live practices with NFL coaches and he didn't look good.