• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Current Bills Starters

Originally posted by patmoran2006
    Preston isnt strong enough to start at guard, he gets pushed around.. Thats the problem with this team, cant run the ball or protect Losman up the middle.

they need not one but TWO better guards than they had last year.. its a need, not a luxury
    Funny you mention Preston not being strong enough because hew as regarded as the strongest guy in the draft (lower body, which is all that matters on OL.)

Comment

• Philagape
      WIN NOW
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Can someone explain why our first rounder is not breaking through into our lineup? Can we get our second rounder bacK?
      Because our top FA signing and our second first-round draft pick, who we traded picks to acquire, play the same DT position.
      "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
      2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• madness
        • Apr 2003

Can someone explain why our first rounder is not breaking through into our lineup? Can we get our second rounder bacK?
        He started showing some real progress the last couple of games before his season ending injury in week 5. He is expected to come in to camp heavier and compete for the spot next to Tripplett. As of right now, he's not a starter.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

Bills current starters.

QB: JP LOSMAN - God this pains me to admit right lol
          RB: Willis McGahee? Dominic Rhodes or Marshawn Lynch possibilities, my gut reaction...McGahee is here one more year.
          FB: damion shelton I'm still upset Alan Ricard didn't win this job last year. I give him another shot.
          WR: LEE EVANS
          WR: peerless price Kevin Johnson had a few productive seasons out in Cleveland with Couch and learned how to block. Good fit as a 2.
          TE: robert royal Zack Miller or Cam Cleeland
          LT: JASON PETERS
          LG: merz Floyd Womack
          C: FOWLER
          RG: GANDY - i like him at guard not at tackle
          RT: terrence pennington Orlando Brown might not be a bad option

Defense
          DT: kyle williams Jeff Zgonina
          DT: LARRY TRIPLETT
          DE: AARON SCHOEBEL
          DE: ryan denney N.D. Kalu
          LB: ellison? Jamie Sharper would be a nice fit either inside or outside
          LB: takeo spikes? Chris Claiborne would be nice.
          LB: ANGELO CROWELL
          CB: TERRENCE MCGEE-I'd like him better as the number 2 to be honest though.
          CB: Youboty? Duane Starks
          S: WHITNER
          S: SIMPSON

Ones in CAPS are definitely keepers, lowercase need to be gone, question marks next to them would be definitely nice to upgrade.

The people listed next to the names are people I could see us definitely targeting.

Comment

• Elminster
            #1 Kelsay Fan
            • Oct 2006

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            Bills current starters.

QB: JP Losman
            RB: Willis McGahee
            FB: Damien Shelton
            WR: Lee Evans
            WR: Peerless Price
            TE: Robert Royal
            LT: Jason Peters
            LG: Merz
            C: Melvin Fowler
            RG: Duke Preston
            RT: Terrence Pennington

Defense
            DT: Kyle Williams
            DT: Larry Tripplett
            DE: Aaron Schobel
            DE: Ryan Denney
            LB: Ellison
            LB: Takeo SPikes
            LB: Angelo Crowell
            CB: Terrence McGee
            CB: Ashton Youboty
            S: Donte Whitner
            S: Ko Simpson

Ones in bold IMO absolutely HAVE to be upgraded..
            Those in italic (Price, Royal, Pennington, Williams) would be nice to have a better player there, but you cant have everything so those players you could live with. (If I had to pick one more though it would be Price to be benched)
            I'll do better...

JP Losman- He progressed wonderfully, and is our franchise QB. All we should be talking about is back-up.

Willis McGahee- You're happy with this guy? Mediocre production, questionable work ethic, more paternity suits than 1,000 yard rushing seasons, and he wants a lucrative extension he isn't getting. Definitely could be upgraded.

Daimon Shelton- He's a FA and shouldn't be resigned. Cieslak is better.

Evans- See Losman, insert WR where necessary

Price- Meh...could we get some one a few inches taller? I won't cry if we don't upgrade him, but I certainly won't be wild about another year of "Peerless."

Royal- He's good enough. If Kevin Everett could figure out how to get on a football field, we'd have a good compliment for him...but that seems like a shaky proposition.

Peters- See Losman, insert LT where necessary.
            Gandy/Merz- See Peerless comment. Merz looked good when he played.
            Fowler- Above-average.
            Preston/Villarial- We do need one other guard, for the record. Maybe it's Butler...maybe he's not on the roster...
            Pennington- He played FINE. Why the hell do you hate on the guy? Would you like him better if he came from a higher round? It's a matter of him learning, it's not a question of his intangibles. A lot of teams have good OLs built primarily from late-round and undrafted talent. Like the Broncos...

Williams- He's fine. We DO need another one-gap, given we have 2 of each. Maybe it's McCargo...and maybe we draft one.
            Triplett- I'm surprised he isn't bolded or something. I'd like to see better out of him myself...
            Denney/Hargrove- I'm fine with them. Kelsay is the one who gets pushed around, not Denney.
            Schobel- I hope no one thinks he's weak after single-handedly bullrushing big ole' D'Brickashaw on his fat ass. That was great, and made me like him even more.

Ellison- He certainly outplayed TKO...
            Crowell- Good player.
            TKO- I'm losing patience, and won't shed a tear if he gets cut. That said, draft a linebacker. The way I see it, we have two starters, one of which is a potential starter, not a lock(Ellison), and TKO may not be any of 'em.

Youboty- He's a Buckeye corner. Doesn't that guarentee he's starting-calibre? At least there's a good history. What do you want here...Nick Harper i.e. Troy Vincent redux? Draft another? All assuming Clements doesn't come back..

McGee- I shiver at the thought of playing the Jaguars in the play-offs...will all big wide-outs beat him like a rented mule?

Other points of concern...
            O-Line depth- I feel like we're short a good depth player...
            Back-up QB- We need to light some fires under KH and Nall...neither impressed me last year.
            Linebacker depth- Ewww...well, ok, Stamer made a good play(before ending his season with an injury), but Haggan doesn't inspire confidence...
            Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Uh... he played like 4 games before he got injured and was placed on injured reserve?

Comment

Working...
              X