• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: London Fletcher and Derrick Dockery

Originally posted by feelthepain
    Ahhh, what do you know, you're just a Redskin fan! The Bills just locked up one of the best FA's on the market and JP will turn into Tom Brady thanks to this monster signing. Gosh, don't you know anything?!?!?

Ya know what really makes me laugh my ass off !!!

is the fact that you underestimate JP's developement. last year was his 1st full season, and 1st year with new coaches and a new playbook. He had a rought start, but then mid season we make an OL change and he definitely improved along with the OL.

JP is going to be a really good QB. how good/great is yet to be determined, but he is definitely a much better QB then you wil let yourself believe. The Dolphins could only be so lucky

Comment

• Redskins4life234
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Devin
      What did Rams fans think of what you paid Archuleta? Or maybe Pitt fans with Randle El?

I understand what your saying. And I agree, Dockery is no Hutch ill be the first to admit it. And yes we overpaid.

But the same can be said about Clements, Thomas, Dielman, Steinbach.....etc. Just the nature of the beast.
      And for AA, we are paying the price for a stupid move. ARE, I'm not calling a bust, but he may of got a little too much, but the thing is, if the bills would of payed Doc, anywhere between,20-35 mil, I would say he was not over payed, but anything over 35, he is being overpayed. Now from what one poster said, you have a great oline coach, so maybe in 2 years he will be worth 49 million, but right now hes not. But for you guys, you have a lot of cap room, so its not going to hurt you now, or in the near future.

Comment

• theanswer74
        • Apr 2004

Geez, forget the money, the guy is a good football player. This is DOnte Whitner all over again.

He is good, but not worth that high a pick or that much money. If he is good he is good, the Bills wanted him.

Im getting tired of Redskin fans talking about what he makes. You read the Redskin board and they praise Dockery, then we sign him and he is just OK.

Please! I saw people people saying WE CANT LET DOCKERY GO and then yesterday say he wasnt that good.

Forget the money, its about the player. Derrick Dockery is a good football player. If anyone wants to tell me that Derrick Dockery wont improve our LG play over Gandy, Reyes, and Bennie Anderson, they just need to go away.

As for London FLetcher, he is a good football player. But he is at his peak, so he could start to decline any day. Not a physical LB. Can get smothered out there, but will always be around the football.

Comment

• Redskins4life234
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by theanswer74
          Geez, forget the money, the guy is a good football player. This is DOnte Whitner all over again.

He is good, but not worth that high a pick or that much money. If he is good he is good, the Bills wanted him.

Im getting tired of Redskin fans talking about what he makes. You read the Redskin board and they praise Dockery, then we sign him and he is just OK.

Please! I saw people people saying WE CANT LET DOCKERY GO and then yesterday say he wasnt that good.

Forget the money, its about the player. Derrick Dockery is a good football player. If anyone wants to tell me that Derrick Dockery wont improve our LG play over Gandy, Reyes, and Bennie Anderson, they just need to go away.

As for London FLetcher, he is a good football player. But he is at his peak, so he could start to decline any day. Not a physical LB. Can get smothered out there, but will always be around the football.
          Yeah, and if also read what people say at the boards "I'm sad to see him go. I wish he didnt elt him go but.. too abd we let him go.."

Noone wanted him gone, but noone wanted him so much we would pay him 49 Mil. He is a good player.. find one spot in this thread were I said he was anything less then a good player, but on our line, he was the least best of the 5. He is good, and only getting better, find me a spot where I said he would get worst on here. I'm not bashing Doc, I like Doc, and I hope him the best, and I'm sad to see him go, but as of right now. 5:00 Est, March 3rd, 2007, I feel with his skill, he is not worth 49 Mil.

And to everyone, thanks for all the Fletcher info, and keep it coming.

Comment

• theanswer74
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Redskins4life234
            Yeah, and if also read what people say at the boards "I'm sad to see him go. I wish he didnt elt him go but.. too abd we let him go.."

Noone wanted him gone, but noone wanted him so much we would pay him 49 Mil. He is a good player.. find one spot in this thread were I said he was anything less then a good player, but on our line, he was the least best of the 5. He is good, and only getting better, find me a spot where I said he would get worst on here. I'm not bashing Doc, I like Doc, and I hope him the best, and I'm sad to see him go, but as of right now. 5:00 Est, March 3rd, 2007, I feel with his skill, he is not worth 49 Mil.

Every Bills fan knows the guy isnt worth 49 million. We just needed a good OG. Plus, like you said, he still has more potential. Im glad we went out and got a good OG, It really doesnt matter to me how much he was.

I wasnt really pointing a finger at you, its the Extremeskins board. You did say he wouldnt make our line better though, which is laughable. Our interior OL was pathetic.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Redskins4life234

The thing is.... the Redskins have 5 potential pro-bowlers on the line. Samuels is a PBer, so is Jansen, then you have Randy Thomas who is one of the best guards in the league, and then Kasey Rabach who came from the Ravens as one of the best Centers in the league....so when you say worst on the line where everyone is about a 9 out of 10.... then Dockery is 8 but with a higher ceiling cuz hes young. So really the Bills are getting a HUGE upgrade on the OL, which makes him worth 49 mil.... but for the reasons mentionned above hes not worth as much to the Skins... you lose Dockery and you still have 4 outstanding players on the OL....

Comment

• Redskins4life234
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by theanswer74
                Every Bills fan knows the guy isnt worth 49 million. We just needed a good OG. Plus, like you said, he still has more potential. Im glad we went out and got a good OG, It really doesnt matter to me how much he was.

I wasnt really pointing a finger at you, its the Extremeskins board. You did say he wouldnt make our line better though, which is laughable. Our interior OL was pathetic.
                Reason i said he wouldn't make your line better is because 1) My lack of knowledge of your offensive line. 2) he, in my eyes, as I've said a million times, is a good player, but Isn't a leader on the line, and was more of a filler player. If a guy who is betetr then Doc, came to us and knocked on the door and said I would come here to play for little money, we would take him in a heartbeat. Last offseason, we were looking at possible players to take Doc's place. After this year, he took 3 steps foward, and will take many more steps with you guys.

But money aside, you guys got your self a young good guard, with good teaching, will turn into a great guard and hoply a future pro bowler. Dockery came out of the draft almost a nobody, but got tought and worked hard, he is now making 49 Mil, so if I were his father, I'd be very very very very with a lot mroe verys proud of him.

Also to ES comment, its not everyone at ES. Most people have the same view I have, and then there are the idiots, who are one second I love him, the other hes horrible. I go on ES everyday, as my SN here, is the same there, so the whole board the self isn't like that. Its a miniority of the board, who sometimes seems to stand out. But right now, many people are freaking out what are we going to do now to replace Dockery, so don't think aren't just shrugging him off either.

Comment

• Devin
                  The Octagon
                  • Apr 2003

Well said man.

Dockery for us no question is an upgrade. Peters is turning into a pro-bowl calibur LT so teaming those two should provide a very physical very tough left side. Gandy was basically servicable at LG nothing more.

Peters is locked up through 2011 I believe and Dockery through 2014. So those two have nothing but time to grow together. Walker being here through 2012 will give the Bills a OL that has potential to stay and grow as a unit for a long time. And the oldest player on our line is 28.

Fowler is average. Not good but not bad either. Average. Our RG position was basically a joke and RT you could argue average or worse.

The Walker signing im on the fence about but hopefully he ends up at OG and plays up to his size/potential.

While over-paid Dockery is no question a significant upgrade.
                  http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• feelthepain
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
                    Ya know what really makes me laugh my ass off !!!

is the fact that you underestimate JP's developement. last year was his 1st full season, and 1st year with new coaches and a new playbook. He had a rought start, but then mid season we make an OL change and he definitely improved along with the OL.

JP is going to be a really good QB. how good/great is yet to be determined, but he is definitely a much better QB then you wil let yourself believe. The Dolphins could only be so lucky

You're not laughing nearly as hard at us underestimating him, as we are at you for overesitamting him....trust me!

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      who said that?
                      I'm just helping spread the word...since we've been "put on notice"!!

Comment

• Devin
                        The Octagon
                        • Apr 2003

You're not laughing nearly as hard at us underestimating him, as we are at you for overesitamting him....trust me!
                        While im sure when it does actually happen you will have a myriad of excuses to throw our way, The bills will not only whoop up on the fins again this year but JP will outperform whoever is at QB behind your paper ol.
                        http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

I'm just helping spread the word...since we've been "put on notice"!!

put on notice???for what????
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• jamze132
                            Don’t hate…
                            • Jun 2003

FTP is ****ing troll.

Comment

• raphael120
                              Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                              • Oct 2005

while he may be overpaid, i would rather overpay for growing, proven talent on the Oline than a mediocre questionable upside DE...but enough about Kelsay, I'm really glad we locked Doc up, he will only get better and I think in the long run, the Bills are going to have an awesome oline, the time of regression and unstability in Buffalo is coming to an end. if the sabres can do it, then so can the bills.

Comment

• feelthepain
                                All-Pro Zoner
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                                put on notice???for what????

We need "Rocky" theme music for this thread. A big, athletic, OL is what we needed. Three guys of mention is a big day. Jauron had a "woody"! The Bills didn't cheap out. Dockery alone was a big signing. PERIOD. If Walker plays up to his potential this line will be scary. Obviously Ralph is serious about

Comment

Working...
                                X