Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: London Fletcher and Derrick Dockery

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

London Fletcher and Derrick Dockery

Hey guys, I'm hear to ask you, your opinions of London Fletcher, as you guys, know first hand what he is about. In return, Im about to tell you what I, and many other Redskin fans see Derrick Dockery as.

First off, I'm sad to see Dockery go, but for, to that, I am hell of glad the skins didnt sign him for 49 Million. He is NOT worth 49 million dollars. To me, he is mroe worth 20-30 million. He is not going to make your line any better then it already is. Dockery is a good Guard, not a great Guard. But to that, hes not going to make it any worst. I am going to tell you, in 2 years, you will be upset about the money you gave him, but not that you have him. Also, Dockery whenw with the skins, was still a work in progress. He was still learning and was getting better every year. If he stayed with us 2 years more, disregarding any injury, he would be 10x better then, then he is now. I'm not saying he is going to get any worst under the bills, as I don't know your system nor how good your oline coach is. So he does have the chance to get better.

Some cons about Dockery are penalties. He gets a lot of false starts and holds. But all that can be taken away with work to stop it. He also isn't that great at pulling.

Some pros: He doesn't let up many sacks, nor let any defenders blow him by in the run or pass. Secondly, that has stick to my mine, his hussle! One play that sticks to mine was back in 2005. It was about a 30 yard pass from Brunell to Cooley, Cooley had possasion, and then fumbled [which he rarely does] Noone was near the ball, other then Cooley and the Defender who tackled him, but they weren't in position to grab it. Dockery, as soon as the pass was let off, was hussling down fair, and went up an extra gear as he saw the ball came out. He recovered the fumble.

So now, with all that, How good is fletcher? How much gas does he have left? How did he do in G.W.'s system compared to the one he was just in? Will he be a bust? Will he fill in our weak spot? Thanks.. and good luck next season.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: London Fletcher and Derrick Dockery

Quote Originally Posted by Redskins4life234
    He is not going to make your line any better then it already is. Dockery is a good Guard, not a great Guard.
    That's an upgrade right there.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fletcher is a warrior..

The knock is he makes too many tackles downfield.. part of the problem with that is Buffalo's DT's are so weak, they often get blown off the play and the OL gets to the second level every running play.

he had 4 int's and 2 Td's this year, so he's capable of making big plays.

He's a real good player.. You will be happy you got him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Hey guys, I'm hear to ask you, your opinions of London Fletcher, as you guys, know first hand what he is about. In return, Im about to tell you what I, and many other Redskin fans see Derrick Dockery as.

First off, I'm sad to see Dockery go, but for, to that, I am hell of glad the skins didnt sign him for 49 Million. He is NOT worth 49 million dollars. To me, he is mroe worth 20-30 million. He is not going to make your line any better then it already is. Dockery is a good Guard, not a great Guard. But to that, hes not going to make it any worst. I am going to tell you, in 2 years, you will be upset about the money you gave him, but not that you have him. Also, Dockery whenw with the skins, was still a work in progress. He was still learning and was getting better every year. If he stayed with us 2 years more, disregarding any injury, he would be 10x better then, then he is now. I'm not saying he is going to get any worst under the bills, as I don't know your system nor how good your oline coach is. So he does have the chance to get better.

Some cons about Dockery are penalties. He gets a lot of false starts and holds. But all that can be taken away with work to stop it. He also isn't that great at pulling.

Some pros: He doesn't let up many sacks, nor let any defenders blow him by in the run or pass. Secondly, that has stick to my mine, his hussle! One play that sticks to mine was back in 2005. It was about a 30 yard pass from Brunell to Cooley, Cooley had possasion, and then fumbled [which he rarely does] Noone was near the ball, other then Cooley and the Defender who tackled him, but they weren't in position to grab it. Dockery, as soon as the pass was let off, was hussling down fair, and went up an extra gear as he saw the ball came out. He recovered the fumble.

So now, with all that, How good is fletcher? How much gas does he have left? How did he do in G.W.'s system compared to the one he was just in? Will he be a bust? Will he fill in our weak spot? Thanks.. and good luck next season.
    Fletcher is a great guy on and off the field and a solid team leader. Hes solid in pass coverage and an average tackler. He had a habit of making tackles 4-5-6 yards out which obviously is a little counter productive. But he will make plays for you. I think he will give you a solid 2 years at least. As i said in another thread he wont make the pro-bowl but hes right there on that cusp, at least for the next season or two. Unfortunatley time is catching up to him.

As far as Dockery goes its the market. As a Redskin fan im sure you know that the redskins saying anyone overpaid for a FA is a bit comical.

And Dockery is not only an upgrade but paired with Peters will hopefully make both better.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Our line is terrible. And to line him up with Jason Peters makes the left side of your line very good.

Thanks
    Thanked 30,662 Times in 17,512 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Fletcher will be a better fit in GW's system than he was in the T2 last year, and he should have a couple of years left. Not the fastest MLB, but he'll get to the ball. Not the tallest either, but he can still drop back in zone pass coverage. Fletch performs best against the run when he's filling gaps with a big line in front of him so offensive linemen can't get a hat on him. Against the pass he's fine in the middle zone, but don't expect him to go sideline to sideline unless he's the second/third man in. A little too short to get real deep, also.

He's an upgrade for you guys, and you'll like his durability and the leadership he brings to the field and the locker room.

Good guy, I hope he does well unless you're playing us
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

London Fletcher will be a happy addition to Snyder's parties.
    I would have been glad if London Fletcher could have stayed but he did not fit the new defense.

You will not see London Fletcher ever not give 100%.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Originally Posted by Redskins4life234
    He is not going to make your line any better then it already is. Dockery is a good Guard, not a great Guard.
    Ahhh, what do you know, you're just a Redskin fan! The Bills just locked up one of the best FA's on the market and JP will turn into Tom Brady thanks to this monster signing. Gosh, don't you know anything?!?!?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    F

As far as Dockery goes its the market. As a Redskin fan im sure you know that the redskins saying anyone overpaid for a FA is a bit comical.
    Sadly enough, that might be a true, but, the Skins did try to resign him, and they couldn't come to an agreement, and that is because, we knew, he was not worth 49 Million. 49 is what hutchinson is making, and he is no hutchinson is making. I'm not trying to be all, now hes not a redskin, he sucks thing. He is a good player, and I hope him the best, and 5 years down the road, he has 4 probowls on his belt, I will be very happy for him. I hope for him to do very well. But as of right now, March 3rd, 2007, he is not worth 49 Million. in 2 years though, March, 3rd, 2009 he might. He is getting better every year, and learning under one of the greater Oline coaches in the NFL isn't to bad ethier and be surronded by talent. As I see from the other post, your line isn't that good, which I didn't know, as I don't know that much about the Bills as I do other teams. But if you have a good teacher as your oline coach, he WILL get better.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Fletcher is a great leader and will be missed here.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You keep blockers off of Fletcher and he will be making plays all over the field. He's also one of the most intelligent LB's in the game and knows how to run a defense better then most MLBs in the league.

Also, Dockery whenw with the skins, was still a work in progress. He was still learning and was getting better every year. If he stayed with us 2 years more, disregarding any injury, he would be 10x better then, then he is now. I'm not saying he is going to get any worst under the bills, as I don't know your system nor how good your oline coach is. So he does have the chance to get better.
    Then Dockery is in the right place and he will flourish. McNally is our OL coach and he is highly regarded around the league as one of the best. If I recall correctly, in Dockery's interview he mentioned McNally was a factor in his decision to sign with us.
    Last edited by madness; 03-03-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    Ahhh, what do you know, you're just a Redskin fan! The Bills just locked up one of the best FA's on the market and JP will turn into Tom Brady thanks to this monster signing. Gosh, don't you know anything?!?!?
    Cry me a river! Somebody feels a bit left out as the only thing Miami has done is ......well nothing to speak of. I see they unloaded Wilkinson to Denver for a 6th round pick. Next you're going to tell us that Miami is having the best FA period in the AFC. Like I said before, go cry on Finheaven will all the other losers!
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

....and that is because, we knew, he was not worth 49 Million. 49 is what hutchinson is making, and he is no hutchinson
    What did Rams fans think of what you paid Archuleta? Or maybe Pitt fans with Randle El?

I understand what your saying. And I agree, Dockery is no Hutch ill be the first to admit it. And yes we overpaid.

But the same can be said about Clements, Thomas, Dielman, Steinbach.....etc. Just the nature of the beast.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

who said that?
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

lol Dolphins.

Everything I post is sexual inuendo ddaryl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ya know what really makes me laugh my ass off !!!

is the fact that you underestimate JP's developement. last year was his 1st full season, and 1st year with new coaches and a new playbook. He had a rought start, but then mid season we make an OL change and he definitely improved along with the OL.

JP is going to be a really good QB. how good/great is yet to be determined, but he is definitely a much better QB then you wil let yourself believe. The Dolphins could only be so lucky

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    What did Rams fans think of what you paid Archuleta? Or maybe Pitt fans with Randle El?

I understand what your saying. And I agree, Dockery is no Hutch ill be the first to admit it. And yes we overpaid.

But the same can be said about Clements, Thomas, Dielman, Steinbach.....etc. Just the nature of the beast.
    And for AA, we are paying the price for a stupid move. ARE, I'm not calling a bust, but he may of got a little too much, but the thing is, if the bills would of payed Doc, anywhere between,20-35 mil, I would say he was not over payed, but anything over 35, he is being overpayed. Now from what one poster said, you have a great oline coach, so maybe in 2 years he will be worth 49 million, but right now hes not. But for you guys, you have a lot of cap room, so its not going to hurt you now, or in the near future.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Geez, forget the money, the guy is a good football player. This is DOnte Whitner all over again.

He is good, but not worth that high a pick or that much money. If he is good he is good, the Bills wanted him.

Im getting tired of Redskin fans talking about what he makes. You read the Redskin board and they praise Dockery, then we sign him and he is just OK.

Please! I saw people people saying WE CANT LET DOCKERY GO and then yesterday say he wasnt that good.

Forget the money, its about the player. Derrick Dockery is a good football player. If anyone wants to tell me that Derrick Dockery wont improve our LG play over Gandy, Reyes, and Bennie Anderson, they just need to go away.

As for London FLetcher, he is a good football player. But he is at his peak, so he could start to decline any day. Not a physical LB. Can get smothered out there, but will always be around the football.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by theanswer74
    Geez, forget the money, the guy is a good football player. This is DOnte Whitner all over again.

He is good, but not worth that high a pick or that much money. If he is good he is good, the Bills wanted him.

Im getting tired of Redskin fans talking about what he makes. You read the Redskin board and they praise Dockery, then we sign him and he is just OK.

Please! I saw people people saying WE CANT LET DOCKERY GO and then yesterday say he wasnt that good.

Forget the money, its about the player. Derrick Dockery is a good football player. If anyone wants to tell me that Derrick Dockery wont improve our LG play over Gandy, Reyes, and Bennie Anderson, they just need to go away.

As for London FLetcher, he is a good football player. But he is at his peak, so he could start to decline any day. Not a physical LB. Can get smothered out there, but will always be around the football.
    Yeah, and if also read what people say at the boards "I'm sad to see him go. I wish he didnt elt him go but.. too abd we let him go.."

Noone wanted him gone, but noone wanted him so much we would pay him 49 Mil. He is a good player.. find one spot in this thread were I said he was anything less then a good player, but on our line, he was the least best of the 5. He is good, and only getting better, find me a spot where I said he would get worst on here. I'm not bashing Doc, I like Doc, and I hope him the best, and I'm sad to see him go, but as of right now. 5:00 Est, March 3rd, 2007, I feel with his skill, he is not worth 49 Mil.

And to everyone, thanks for all the Fletcher info, and keep it coming.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yeah, and if also read what people say at the boards "I'm sad to see him go. I wish he didnt elt him go but.. too abd we let him go.."

Noone wanted him gone, but noone wanted him so much we would pay him 49 Mil. He is a good player.. find one spot in this thread were I said he was anything less then a good player, but on our line, he was the least best of the 5. He is good, and only getting better, find me a spot where I said he would get worst on here. I'm not bashing Doc, I like Doc, and I hope him the best, and I'm sad to see him go, but as of right now. 5:00 Est, March 3rd, 2007, I feel with his skill, he is not worth 49 Mil.

And to everyone, thanks for all the Fletcher info, and keep it coming.
    Every Bills fan knows the guy isnt worth 49 million. We just needed a good OG. Plus, like you said, he still has more potential. Im glad we went out and got a good OG, It really doesnt matter to me how much he was.

I wasnt really pointing a finger at you, its the Extremeskins board. You did say he wouldnt make our line better though, which is laughable. Our interior OL was pathetic.