• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamze132
    Don’t hate…
    • Jun 2003

Our RB situation won't be that bad!

Think about it. Why the hell do we need the headache of McGahee and his 990 yards all season when we can bring in ALMOST anyone and they can at least match that. I am glad that he is gone so we can move on. And I bet that just about everyone in the locker room is glad he is gone as well.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Our RB situation won't be that bad!

We're not going to have a dominant individual RB this year unless we get lucky in the draft...everybody might as well get used to it.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

As much as I was a HUGE fan of his. I totaly agree with you.

Comment

• Luisito23
        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by YardRat
        We're not going to have a dominant individual RB this year.

Well being that we haven't had one since Thrumal left, I'm sorta used to this.....

GO BILLS!!!!!!
        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

We'll be fine... There's plenty of moves we could make.

1) We can sign 1 or both A-train/Chris Brown.
          2) We can draft a day 1 RB.
          3) Josh Reed may even become part of the mix based on his usage last season.

As for FB... I'm pretty sure we're gonna go with Ryan Neufeld or Brad Ceislak.

How about that for a 3rd down package... Evans and Jarrett at WR, Royal at TE, Reed at RB and Ceislak at FB.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

the A-train could've gained those 990 yards himself.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
              the A-train could've gained those 990 yards himself.
              He had more 100 yard games than McGahee anyways. I have a feeling he would have broken 1,200 yards if he actually started all year. McGahee ran when he felt like it.

Comment

• raphael120
                Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                • Oct 2005

hey, if the superbowl bound colts went with a rookie and a relatively unknown backup RB in Rhodes, we can def get by with a decent rookie RB and A-Train.

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

I don't want to draft a RB in the first unless Peterson fell to 12, which is next to impossible. I say we go with Patrick Willis at 12 and either Bush or Irons in the second. We can then draft CB and WR/DT in the 3rd.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                    Think about it. Why the hell do we need the headache of McGahee and his 990 yards all season when we can bring in ALMOST anyone and they can at least match that. I am glad that he is gone so we can move on. And I bet that just about everyone in the locker room is glad he is gone as well.
                    That 990 yards was in only 14 games. He would've went close to 1,200 yards without missing his first 2 games in his career.

Not anyone could match his production the last two years. Our OL was awful to begin with. Our offense in general wasn't great. We were playing from behind most of the time which also forced us to give up on the running game.

So you think Shaud Williams could've matched his production? Not a chance. With a respectable OL and a good offensive system McGahee would be a great back.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      He had more 100 yard games than McGahee anyways. I have a feeling he would have broken 1,200 yards if he actually started all year. McGahee ran when he felt like it.
                      He had more 100 yard games then McGahee. You sure about that? Don't be blinded by the rose colored glasses. Anthony Thomas sucks. There is a reason why nobody has really wanted him for years.

This is just another example of Bills fans rooting on a player when they are here and thinking they are the best but as soon as they fall out of favor or don't wanna play for Buffalo anymore and/or doesn't play for Buffalo anymore they automatically become a bum.

Just like Antonie Winfield when he left. Everybody said he wasn't worth the money and wasn't very good. McGahee and Clements is just another example.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                        That 990 yards was in only 14 games. He would've went close to 1,200 yards without missing his first 2 games in his career.

Not anyone could match his production the last two years. Our OL was awful to begin with. Our offense in general wasn't great. .
                        try telling that to Ronnie Brown who played just as much as Willis, who's O was arguably just as bad as ours and an OL that was just as bad as ours and yet had better nos. than Willis. Let's not forget who their OC was.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

While Im not a big fan of Willis McGahee and I hope he rots now after his post-trade comments...

The bottom line is he is better than anyone we have on the roster now, anyone we may sign via FA and better than any rookie we'll draft to start.

Say what you want, but at the end of the day RB is just now yet another position that is a weaker than it was last year, on a team that was pretty weak to begin with.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• camelcowboy
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            While Im not a big fan of Willis McGahee and I hope he rots now after his post-trade comments...

The bottom line is he is better than anyone we have on the roster now, anyone we may sign via FA and better than any rookie we'll draft to start.

Say what you want, but at the end of the day RB is just now yet another position that is a weaker than it was last year, on a team that was pretty weak to begin with.
                            Agreed this is not a upgrade, but im not losing any sleep over the fact it was done. Just one more hole we need to fill.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                              is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by raphael120
                              hey, if the superbowl bound colts went with a rookie and a relatively unknown backup RB in Rhodes, we can def get by with a decent rookie RB and A-Train.
                              Think rhodes wasnt an unknown backup, he was a solid backup for that team for years that new the system and offense...he is a backup that is all though...when he was given chances to be starter he wasnt anything special but is very effective coming off the bench

MUCK
                              FIAMI

Comment

Working...
                              X