So I’m looking at last year. Trying to get a feel for it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

So I’m looking at last year. Trying to get a feel for it.

NOTE: This is not a JP trashing thread!

We were kinda awful for the first 7 weeks! The offense couldn’t do anything and the numbers were terrible (save for the loss to the Jets). Our 2 wins game against a terrible Miami team and to the Vikings who almost took the lead in the last minute.

The key in these games was that our offense just couldn’t get it done.

The team started to play better, but over the next 2 weeks the offense continued to struggle as we beat the Packers and lost to the Colts.

It was really only in week 10 that JP started to turn it on.

That’s when he torched the Texans for over 300 yards. Critics will point to 2 long plays, but I know football and I know that that’s how you sometimes get big numbers. Plus he had the comeback at the end of the game.

From here on out, the offense played better and we were in every game finishing the year 4-3 with a 1 point and 3 point loss in there.

Things I noticed, JP was playing much better but he turns it over for big plays. In the last 7 games he:
    - Threw an Int for at TD against Baltimore in a 12 point loss. (one score game without the mistake.
    - Threw an Int for a TD against Houston in what turned out to be a win but forced us to have to come back.
    - Threw 2 picks against Tennessee in a huge 1 point loss
    - Threw 2 picks against SD in a 3 point loss

It scares me that this JP turnaround was really only 7 games. But he converted me last year, so I’m ready to get started this year. I just hope he can learn to keep the turnovers down. The new O-line should be a great help.

His numbers for the last 7 weeks

130 – 205 63.4%for 1553 yards, 12 TD’s and 8 picks. Not too bad.

Prorated for 16 games the numbers would look like this

297 – 469 63.4% for 3550 yards, 27 TD’s and 18 picks.

Yeah, I’d take that! Just take the picks down by 5 or so.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Re: So I’m looking at last year. Trying to get a feel for it.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ddaryl
      Everything I post is sexual inuendo
      • Jan 2005

JP didn't get the same caliber of experience in college like many other 1st rd QB's and was drafted by the Bills knowing he would be a bit of a project.

Add in his 1st year was lost to injury, and his 2nd year was fiaso, he did pretty damn good in his 1st full year.

He needs to improve, but IMO the OL will allow WR's to get open more often, it will set up the long ball more frequently, and it should definitely give JP some confidence.

He's not a perfect QB,

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

He'll never be a perfect QB. He's always going to be a headache QB..

He can do things few if any does.. Then he'll make mistakes that few if any do.

HIs development hinges on doing less of the latter, which I'm confident he will be able to do.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• jdbillsfan
          • Oct 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006

HIs development hinges on doing less of the latter, which I'm confident he will be able to do.
          The perfect QB is hard to quantify, but I disagree about his mistakes. Watching other games around the league last year, many of the "better" qb's made similar mistakes. McNabb vs the Bucs, throws two INT's for TD, both on out passes, Brees, Brady, Pennington, etc all do things that make you scratch your head once and a while.

Comment

• ddaryl
            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006

I completely disagree. I see JP developing into a rock solid QB that will gain positive attention and start making media highlights for the right reasons.

I think 2007 is going to be a good year for JP. he'll still break our hearts a few times, but he is going to be a lot more consistent, confident and he'll make less mistakes in 2007

Comment

• jamze132
              Don’t hate…
              • Jun 2003

Let's not forget that on the other side of the ball, their are 11 profesional football players as well.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                !?!?!?!?!?
                • Mar 2006

its all apart of becoming a starting QB in the NFL

Comment

• lordofgun
                  in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I told you so, Pat.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                    NOTE: This is not a JP trashing thread!

We were kinda awful for the first 7 weeks! The offense couldn’t do anything and the numbers were terrible (save for the loss to the Jets). Our 2 wins game against a terrible Miami team and to the Vikings who almost took the lead in the last minute.

The key in these games was that our offense just couldn’t get it done.

The team started to play better, but over the next 2 weeks the offense continued to struggle as we beat the Packers and lost to the Colts.

It was really only in week 10 that JP started to turn it on.

That’s when he torched the Texans for over 300 yards. Critics will point to 2 long plays, but I know football and I know that that’s how you sometimes get big numbers. Plus he had the comeback at the end of the game.

From here on out, the offense played better and we were in every game finishing the year 4-3 with a 1 point and 3 point loss in there.

Things I noticed, JP was playing much better but he turns it over for big plays. In the last 7 games he:
                    - Threw an Int for at TD against Baltimore in a 12 point loss. (one score game without the mistake.
                    - Threw an Int for a TD against Houston in what turned out to be a win but forced us to have to come back.
                    - Threw 2 picks against Tennessee in a huge 1 point loss
                    - Threw 2 picks against SD in a 3 point loss

It scares me that this JP turnaround was really only 7 games. But he converted me last year, so I’m ready to get started this year. I just hope he can learn to keep the turnovers down. The new O-line should be a great help.

His numbers for the last 7 weeks

130 – 205 63.4%for 1553 yards, 12 TD’s and 8 picks. Not too bad.

Prorated for 16 games the numbers would look like this

297 – 469 63.4% for 3550 yards, 27 TD’s and 18 picks.

Yeah, I’d take that! Just take the picks down by 5 or so.

you can spin it any way you want but you can't prorate the 7-9 record.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• BILLSROCK1212
                      !?!?!?!?!?
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      all i can say is that it was a tough season

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

That doesn't even make sense when based against my point!

My whole point was that he really only showed improvement over the last 7 games.

What ever.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

Hey SHIVA, you think the run D might have something to do with that record? Maybe a particular play like Willis not getting it on 4th and 1 against the PAts?
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• gr8slayer
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            Hey SHIVA, you think the run D might have something to do with that record? Maybe a particular play like Willis not getting it on 4th and 1 against the PAts?
                            Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                              Legendary Zoner
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                              That doesn't even make sense when based against my point!

My whole point was that he really only showed improvement over the last 7 games.

What ever.
                              That's how I felt also. I'm still not 100% sold, but things are looking up.

The pics are gonna happen, but I'm hoping that the new OL will lower the catistrophic sack/fumbles that plague JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X