Right now, what positions need to be added to make the playoffs?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • acehole
    • Jan 2006

Re: Right now, what positions need to be added to make the playoffs?!!

This might sound crazy....but a Run and stop the run draft is what we need. A branch or Akoi would be just fine with me in the first and the Best ILB in the second would also be fine with me. This years (Ravens)3rd and next years second for Turner is also fine with me for turner. OLB like Durant or Alexander with our first third is ok by me as well...... We can move crowell to OLB and ILB Davis will cover the middle and Alexander/durant/elison on the other. We need to also end the under achieving Tripplet experiment also....replacing him with a branch/Akoi next to Mcargo would be a sick deffense.

Originally posted by justasportsfan
    Aside from that list, I'm not sold on Walker or the entire DT position yet. Youboty is a question mark and McGee is inconsistent.
    Hated by the stupid..
    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
      1. Brady goes down early and is out for the season.
      2. Bellicheck falls ill.
      3. Pennington- see #1
      4. Mangini- See #2
      stay on topic.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I am on topic.

To make the playoffs, key players in our division must go down; we're not in the same league as NE and we're not better than the jets either.. Dont kid yourself into thinking a couple of rookies are going to change that. Be realistic with it.

This is a team that could improve; but its not good enough to beat these teams without major injuries

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by acehole
          This might sound crazy....but a Run and stop the run draft is what we need. A branch or Akoi would be just fine with me in the first and the Best ILB in the second would also be fine with me. This years (Ravens)3rd and next years second for Turner is also fine with me for turner. OLB like Durant or Alexander with our first third is ok by me as well...... We can move crowell to OLB and ILB Davis will cover the middle and Alexander/durant/elison on the other. We need to also end the under achieving Tripplet experiment also....replacing him with a branch/Akoi next to Mcargo would be a sick deffense.
          yup, I forgot about the lb'er. I don't think we'll be grabbing another DT anymore though. I think th FO will stick with Mccargo and Williams now that they've had one year under their belt + Walker.
          sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

I am on topic.

To make the playoffs, key players in our division must go down; we're not in the same league as NE and we're not better than the jets either.. Dont kid yourself into thinking a couple of rookies are going to change that. Be realistic with it.

This is a team that could improve; but its not good enough to beat these teams without major injuries
            Usual comprehension problems. Read the tittle of the thread. Ask around work what it means if you still don't get it.
            sacrifice1

Comment

• EDS
              • Jan 2003

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
              ???? Dude we have alot of depth right now. Even if Langston screws the pooch someone is going to come in and play RG. Hell, Whittle is better than Villareal or Preston.
              Maybe, but it is still open because we do not know how any of these guys will do.

I also think Gandy is better then Whittle and Langston Walker, especially for guard.

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                Offense:

1) RB
                2)#2 receiever

Defense:

1) LB
                2) Another LB
                3) DE

Are the Bills this close? I think the Offense is going to be very good this year. The OL is the best it's looked in 7 years. We need a starting RB and this is where we could screw the pooch. It's also clear that Peerless is not a #2 receiver but more like a #4.

The Defense already looks better. Hargrove will be much improved now that he knows the system. Walker, is an upgrade over Anderson. One more DE to get rid of Denney would help and I think we will definately draft one in a later round. It comes down to LBs and how many.

What do you think?
                On O:

I really believe a stud pass catching TE would better serve us over a #2 WR IMO. I still believe Reed, Price, and Parrish will all benefit from the improved OL which will give JP and the WR's those split extra seconds needed for seperation. Add a TE that can block and get open and all of our WR's will become more effective.

On D:

I know we need an immediate fix on LB, and some depth as you mention. I also wouldn't argue with a DE, but not sure if we need another 2nd or 3rd rd DE, we need a 1st rd DE, and that ain't happening this year.

I would call CB a bigger need then DE because we can better serve our depth at CB with a latter 1st day pick at CB IMO then we could at DE.

just my opinion on our quick needs

Comment

• jamesiscool
                  suck it fool.
                  • Feb 2007

Read the tittle of the thread.
                  hahaha u said tit..... ok now THAT was off topic
                  Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Usual comprehension problems. Read the tittle of the thread. Ask around work what it means if you still don't get it.
                    Question posed: Right now, what positions need to be added to make the playoffs?!!

Answer: Too many for a draft to fill. We only upgraded undisputably ONE position via FA.

Therefore: "To make the playoffs, key players in our division must go down; we're not in the same league as NE and we're not better than the jets either.. Dont kid yourself into thinking a couple of rookies are going to change that. Be realistic with it.

This is a team that could improve; but its not good enough to beat these teams without major injuries "

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• bflojohn
                      • Aug 2005

I say solve the LB issues right away! Draft Patrick Willis and trade back up into the first round for Jon Beason! I'm convinced that the Bills love both players!! I'd even Mortgage the '08 draft to get this accomplished! Next, with just 43 and 92 available, (74 traded) we select RB Brian Leonard at 43 and follow that up with TE Scott Chandler at 92. The fourth rounder could then be OL depth, at that point, say OG Mike Jones. WR can be had late into this draft due to the depth at this position! Dallas Baker at 184 might fill the bill.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Question posed: Right now, what positions need to be added to make the playoffs?!!

Answer: Too many for a draft to fill. We only upgraded undisputably ONE position via FA.

Therefore: "To make the playoffs, key players in our division must go down; we're not in the same league as NE and we're not better than the jets either.. Dont kid yourself into thinking a couple of rookies are going to change that. Be realistic with it.

This is a team that could improve; but its not good enough to beat these teams without major injuries "

Had he asked, what needs to happen to the other teams for us to make playoffs you'd be on topic. Go fork the thread if you must .
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• realdealryan
                          realdealrex
                          • Nov 2005

2 more receivers

a fat boy NT

RB

CB

DE

a 2 or 3 on the QB depth chart

FB

2 linebackers

owner

Comment

To make the playoffs .....

1) Youboty needs to demonstrate solid play
                            2) With the extra bulk we need good play from Kyle Williams and John McCargo at the 1-tackle
                            3) Tripplett has to start on fire, not need to wait until the second half of the season
                            4) Schobel needs another great season, Denney-Kelsay-Hargrove need to continue their progress
                            5) Our LBs need to avoid injury
                            6) Pennington or Butler need to beat out Walker
                            7) Preston or Merz need to beat out Walker
                            8) We need a decent draft with 3 starters - I'd be content with Posluzny, Leonard and Gonzalez

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by realdealryan
                              2 more receivers

a fat boy NT

RB

CB

DE

a 2 or 3 on the QB depth chart

FB

2 linebackers

owner

This evaluation seems closer to realistic.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                                Peterman Sucks!
                                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by kernowboy
                                To make the playoffs .....

1) Youboty needs to demonstrate solid play
                                2) With the extra bulk we need good play from Kyle Williams and John McCargo at the 1-tackle
                                3) Tripplett has to start on fire, not need to wait until the second half of the season
                                4) Schobel needs another great season, Denney-Kelsay-Hargrove need to continue their progress
                                5) Our LBs need to avoid injury
                                6) Pennington or Butler need to beat out Walker
                                7) Preston or Merz need to beat out Walker
                                8) We need a decent draft with 3 starters - I'd be content with Posluzny, Leonard and Gonzalez

If 6 and 7 occur Marv is a complete idiot for offering that bum Walker 25 million dollars. I think Marv/Modrak/Guy whoever pulled the strings for that deal is an idiot regardless.

I think 8 happens regardless of who we draft, to be honest. It'll only take drafting a FB, LB, CB, TE. And we'll have 4 starters.

Now what does this team need to make playoffs besides luck and injuries to other teams in the division you ask!

A legitimate running back
                                B a FB
                                C A number 2 receiver who can take pressure off of Evans
                                D A TE that can take pressure off of Evans and open up the running game a bit, see what Gates does for the SD offense on the running game. With a good TE you have to respect play pass and it opens up some lanes in the run game.
                                E A more consistent pass rush on passing downs.
                                F Being better against the run.
                                G Ellison overachieving at LB if he ends up starting there or draft Willis.
                                H Youboty being able to stay on the field and know what he's doing or draft a new corner, Hughes or Mcauley for example.
                                I Better decision making from the coaching staff.
                                J JP progressing again and limiting boneheaded mistakes, INT for TD vs Texans and fumbling hitting the ref for example.

So there's 10 things we need to do better to be a legitimate contender in the AFC. If 5 to 7 of them fall our way, we can legitimately contend for a playoff spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X