Right now, what positions need to be added to make the playoffs?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Right now, what positions need to be added to make the playoffs?!!

Offense:

1) RB
    2)#2 receiever

Defense:

1) LB
    2) Another LB
    3) DE

Are the Bills this close? I think the Offense is going to be very good this year. The OL is the best it's looked in 7 years. We need a starting RB and this is where we could screw the pooch. It's also clear that Peerless is not a #2 receiver but more like a #4.

The Defense already looks better. Hargrove will be much improved now that he knows the system. Walker, is an upgrade over Anderson. One more DE to get rid of Denney would help and I think we will definately draft one in a later round. It comes down to LBs and how many.

What do you think?
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: Right now, what positions need to be added to make the playoffs?!!

bonafied #1 RB
    LB
    lockdown CB (i'm not sold on McGee as a CB yet)
    a solid, legit #2 WR

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
      bonafied #1 RB
      LB
      lockdown CB (i'm not sold on McGee as a CB yet)
      a solid, legit #2 WR
      add "TE worth a damn" to that list and I think we're good.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        • Jan 2004

yeah, well they are set on Royal so I don't see them making any moves there, though they should.

I think there are bigger priorities right now though

Comment

• acehole
          • Jan 2006

I would add a DT to this list and one more CB.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Offense:

1) RB
          2)#2 receiever

Defense:

1) LB
          2) Another LB
          3) DE

Are the Bills this close? I think the Offense is going to be very good this year. The OL is the best it's looked in 7 years. We need a starting RB and this is where we could screw the pooch. It's also clear that Peerless is not a #2 receiver but more like a #4.

The Defense already looks better. Hargrove will be much improved now that he knows the system. Walker, is an upgrade over Anderson. One more DE to get rid of Denney would help and I think we will definately draft one in a later round. It comes down to LBs and how many.

What do you think?
          Hated by the stupid..
          Loved by their moms.

Comment

• BigGabes23
            • Mar 2006

Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.

There are some interesting notes in this link.

Personally, I say we need offense. I think D Jarret would be a PERFECT compliment to Lee Evans. If we could trade up into the First to get him, just think of this:

Trade 3rd round pick for Turner (People thinking that we have to give up the #12 pick for him are CRAZY)

Draft Willis 12
            Trade 2nd and Third Rounder for Jarret at around pick 20

Biggest three needs are met. Thoughts?

Comment

• feelthepain
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Offense:

1) RB
              2)#2 receiever

Defense:

1) LB
              2) Another LB
              3) DE

What do you think?
              So you think a DE, LB and the addition of Walker is all the Bills need to be a playoff defense after finishing last year with the 27th best rusing defense??

Wow!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Aside from that list, I'm not sold on Walker or the entire DT position yet. Youboty is a question mark and McGee is inconsistent.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

I didn't add TE or CB because I really don't believe we need either to get to the playoffs.

Royal and Cieslak played well in the end and if you look at teams around the league it's not a difference maker. It helps.

I'm not sure we had a lock down corner in Nate. His 5 ints over 2 years isn't a tremendous hole.

Comment

• EDS
                    • Jan 2003

I think right guard is still very much an issue. There are lots of bodies now to fill that position but someone has to step-up to fill what was the weakest position on the line last year.

I wish the Bills resigned Gandy, kept him at left guard where he worked well with Peters and then signed Dockery to play right guard.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

I didn't add TE or CB because I really don't believe we need either to get to the playoffs.

Royal and Cieslak played well in the end and if you look at teams around the league it's not a difference maker. It helps.

I'm not sure we had a lock down corner in Nate. His 5 ints over 2 years isn't a tremendous hole.
                      I don't have a problem with our TE's. Wouldn't mnd a probowl TE but there are bigger holes IMO.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

the only thing i'm worried about is if Brad Cieslak has a touchdown dance?

that is #1 on my 10 burning questions for this coming season.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by feelthepain
                          So you think a DE, LB and the addition of Walker is all the Bills need to be a playoff defense after finishing last year with the 27th best rusing defense??

Wow!!!
                          McCargo (a 1st round pick) was lost in week 5. Hargrove who didn't show up on our roster until mid-season, saw limited playing time because he didn't know our system. Assuming they are healthy both will have a year under their belt, ready to go. Add Darwin Walker and another DE as Denney's eventual replacement and, yes I feel pretty good here.

It's obvious that we need at least (2) new LBs.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EDS
                            I think right guard is still very much an issue. There are lots of bodies now to fill that position but someone has to step-up to fill what was the weakest position on the line last year.

I wish the Bills resigned Gandy, kept him at left guard where he worked well with Peters and then signed Dockery to play right guard.
                            ???? Dude we have alot of depth right now. Even if Langston screws the pooch someone is going to come in and play RG. Hell, Whittle is better than Villareal or Preston.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

1. Brady goes down early and is out for the season.
                              2. Bellicheck falls ill.
                              3. Pennington- see #1
                              4. Mangini- See #2

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

Working...
                              X