Thread: BZ Draft Guide

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres. Jan Reimers's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,626 Times in 705 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: BZ Draft Guide

Many people really like Okoye, but I don't understand how a 20 year old, physically immature guy weighing 287 pounds is going to be a premier run stuffer this coming season.

We need guys who can play NOW, not developmental projects. I'd love Okoye, too, if we didn't have immediate needs at other positions.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Thanks
    Thanked 24,471 Times in 14,179 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers
    Many people really like Okoye, but I don't understand how a 20 year old, physically immature guy weighing 287 pounds is going to be a premier run stuffer this coming season.

We need guys who can play NOW, not developmental projects. I'd love Okoye, too, if we didn't have immediate needs at other positions.

Agreed Okoye is going to be dominant in 3 years, and a team who can afford to slowly move him into that role will love this pick and technically for Buffalo he'd be an ideal pick (since we have Tripps and Walker ahead of him) if we didnt have a ton of more pressing needs but the pick wouldnt shock me if Willis is gone by 12 and we dont move down any. He needs time to develop, and he needs to be in the right situation.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,193 Times in 627 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Reimers

I agree that he's not going to reach his physical PEAK for 2-3 years, but you've got to measure his ability to make a current impact based upon what he did last year, against guys that are 2 years older than him. I think even at his current level of development he has the ability to add more to a team this year than perhaps any other DT in the draft, older than him or not. The upside is just gravy.
    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?