X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Lynch done as an option.

Marv Levy won't touch this guy with a ten foot pole. I'll bet any amount of money on it. "Charges have not been filed". Sorry but no way Marv even looks at this guy. Take him off the board!!

5. California junior running back Marshawn Lynch
    Scouts have probably wavered more on Lynch's grade more than any other prospect; he ranges from surefire top-20 to second-rounder. Lynch's evaluation has been affected by accusations of a sexual assault (charges have not been filed); his late-season ankle and back injuries; fumbling problem; and speculation that he got a less than glowing review from the Cal coaching staff.
    Lynch posted solid workout numbers across the board at the combine, but there's a notion by several teams that numerous potential 1,000-yard rushers will still be on the board in rounds 2-3. Therefore, if teams have long-term concerns about Lynch, he could still be on the board towards the later portion of round 1. In that scenario, teams could look to trade up for his services as was the case with Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson in recent drafts.
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Lynch done as an option.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
    Marv Levy won't touch this guy with a ten foot pole. I'll bet any amount of money on it. "Charges have not been filed". Sorry but no way Marv even looks at this guy. Take him off the board!!

5. California junior running back Marshawn Lynch
    Scouts have probably wavered more on Lynch's grade more than any other prospect; he ranges from surefire top-20 to second-rounder. Lynch's evaluation has been affected by accusations of a sexual assault (charges have not been filed); his late-season ankle and back injuries; fumbling problem; and speculation that he got a less than glowing review from the Cal coaching staff.
    Lynch posted solid workout numbers across the board at the combine, but there's a notion by several teams that numerous potential 1,000-yard rushers will still be on the board in rounds 2-3. Therefore, if teams have long-term concerns about Lynch, he could still be on the board towards the later portion of round 1. In that scenario, teams could look to trade up for his services as was the case with Kevin Jones and Steven Jackson in recent drafts.
    Just not the truth. Thre reason the charges arent filed is because they are either not true or theres no evidence, either way its trivial.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
      • Mar 2003

Good point, but he's still only around the 4th option of what I'd do w/ the 12 pick. Imagine the Pack passing on him, and after us taking Willis, trading back up to around 30, and taking him too. That would be amazing.
      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I agree, Lynch is looking less lilke a legitimate option at #12, but I am not going to convict him on hearsay. I assume the Bills have done the first hand research to know what the actual concerns are with this guy and what is dust in the wind.

On the other side of things, while Lynch may have dropped out of the picture, Adrian Peterson has been popping up at the #12 spot in quite a few mocks lately.
        Last edited by TigerJ; 04-10-2007, 11:51 PM.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• X-Era
          What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jp-era
          Just not the truth. Thre reason the charges arent filed is because they are either not true or theres no evidence, either way its trivial.
          this is more important:

Seriously, how much stock do we put into alleged issues. File a charge or shut up.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
            • Jul 2002

The ***** probably asked for it.

Comment

• okaydo
              • Mar 2007

The Yahoo! draft guy obviously didn't do his homework, or he's manipulating words to paint Lynch in the most negative light possible.

Here is the truth: Lynch *WILL NOT* be charged. This decision was made way back in freakin' January.

Here's the Oakland Tribune's story:

No charges to be filed against Cal football star

Oakland Tribune, Jan 29, 2007 by Harry Harris

OAKLAND -- Citing several reasons, including "some grave inconsistencies" in the complaining woman's story, Alameda County prosecutors decided Monday not to file domestic violence related charges against UC Berkeley football star Marshawn Lynch.

The decision was made by Senior Deputy District Attorney Kim Hunter, an expert in domestic violence cases.

Hunter said one of the key reasons for the decision not to prosecute was that the woman making the complaint gave conflicting statements in the police report and to officers doing the follow-up investigation.

"The victim's story has some grave inconsistencies," Hunter said.

In the initial police report, there was only a mention of Lynch "grabbing and pushing" the woman. But the woman added other details of the confrontation in later interviews and documents.

One of those documents was a petition for a restraining order in which the woman said Lynch, "choke me. slap me then slap himself. pick me up and though(sic) me in the car laid on top of me with his hands over my mouth."

Other reasons cited by Hunter for not charging the case included no visible injuries to the woman, no pictures of any injuries and a statement from someone who knows both Lynch and the woman and was present at the so-called confrontation said that "nothing happened" between them.

"We cannot prove this case beyond a reasonable doubt," Hunter said.

Lynch's attorney, M. Gerald Schwartzbach, said he was "delighted" that no charges were filed and suggested the accuser had money as a motive.

The accuser and Lynch had graduated from Oakland Tech together in 2004. At one point, they had a relationship, but broke up in the fall of 2004.

Lynch is also expected to be a first round pick in the upcoming National Football League draft, a position that could earn him millions of dollars.

"Marshawn had broken up with her and she didn't take it very well and her mother did not take it very well," he said. "People had known that someday (Marshawn) would have been making a lot of money. There are people out there that might think he is their ticket out of a certain lifestyle or a certain living situation."

In addition to the conflicting statements, court documents show Lynch's accuser also had a troubled relationship with her own attorney.

While trying to win a permanent restraining order, the accuser's lawyer, Sandra Banks, was also trying to take herself off the case.

Banks claimed the accuser did not want her as an attorney and that their

"communication has deteriorated to such a degree that counsel cannot continue to represent petitioner," Banks wrote in a court document.

"The communication is far too hostile for counsel to communicate in any reasonable way," she added.

Banks did not return phone calls seeking comment.

Authorities also said that some statements made by the woman in an application for a restraining order against Lynch -- which was granted last Friday by a judge -- "were never told to police."

Hunter said the woman made a report to Oakland police on Dec. 15, two days after she claimed she was victimized by Lynch outside her mother's North Oakland home.

Hunter said the report came in as a misdemeanor domestic violence case with no injuries. She said police Special Victims Unit officers "went above and beyond" the normal scope of an investigation in such cases "for the protection of both sides."

That included getting statements from the woman and her mother and the third party -- who Hunter would not identity -- and other people she would not identity.

No formal statement was taken from Lynch but interviews were conducted with people Lynch talked with about the accusations.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

At this point, teams who want him will leak bad things out about him, hoping he will slide to them. It's standard practice guys.

By the way, I've heard that Patrick Willis is a card carrying member of the KKK.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

The bastard. UDFA, here he comes.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Bills4Life34
                    • Apr 2007

Somebody out there will take a chance on the guy believe me.

Comment

• Slim
                      • Apr 2004

Done as an option? Hurricane, your just PURELY speculating.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                        My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                        • Apr 2004

I think that when two women in the business of prosecuting domestic violence cases speak about "grave inconsistencies," and inability to be effective counsel to the accuser, there is a problem.
                        Grave inconsistencies = the chick is full of ****.
                        It is not an easy process to back out of a case as a lawyer.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
                          I think that when two women in the business of prosecuting domestic violence cases speak about "grave inconsistencies," and inability to be effective counsel to the accuser, there is a problem.
                          Grave inconsistencies = the chick is full of ****.
                          It is not an easy process to back out of a case as a lawyer.
                          Maybe the chick is from Buffalo and wants lynch to fall to 12th?

Comment

• madness
                            • Apr 2003

All bull****. Do a little research and you'll find out this guy was an above excellent presence in the locker room AND with his coaches. Every interview I've seen of him, he's been a team player all the way never giving one ounce of credit to himself.

Marv is a former Coach at Cal. I think he'll know what kind of person Lynch really is instead of all this media hype bull****.

Move this thread to

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                              • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                              At this point, teams who want him will leak bad things out about him, hoping he will slide to them. It's standard practice guys.

By the way, I've heard that Patrick Willis is a card carrying member of the KKK.
                              And I heard Amobi Akoye is a DOLPHINS fan!
                              Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

Working...
                              X