Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ESPN/McShay complete 7 round draft

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cool ESPN/McShay complete 7 round draft

This is an ESPN Insider article and if anybody wants to see the entire seven round draft for all 32 teams than send The Answer a PM:

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...26id%3d2839537

Despite growing speculation that Georgia Tech WR Calvin Johnson has moved to the top of the Raiders' draft board, JaMarcus Russell remains the No. 1 pick on my mock draft. The only change in the first round involves a pair of wide receivers. USC's Dwayne Jarrett falls from No. 23 to No. 30, trading places with Tennessee's Robert Meachem.

Here is my complete seven-round mock draft.

+ -- Underclassman

1. Oakland Raiders (2-14)

Projected pick: +JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU

Needs: QB, DT, OT/G, TE, WR, LB, CB, RB

It seems owner Al Davis' captivation with WR Calvin Johnson grows with each passing day. If the Raiders can talk the Lions into a deal for veteran QB Josh McCown, it will free Davis to pull the trigger on Johnson with the No. 1 overall pick. Until then, Russell makes the most sense for a team loaded with talented wide receivers (Randy Moss, Jerry Porter and Ronald Curry) but nobody to get them the ball.

2. Detroit (3-13)

Projected pick: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

Needs: QB, ILB, CB, TE, S, WR, C, DT, DE

The Lions hold the keys to the entire top of the draft. The aforementioned McCown trade could throw the entire top of the board into flux. Ironically, such a trade could rob the Lions of their trade value at No. 2. The Buccaneers are rumored to be interested, but only if Johnson is still on the board. Assuming, for these purposes, Russell goes No. 1 to the Raiders, the Lions should strike a deal to move down at least two spots and get a better value for Adams, who is the top pass-rushing talent in the 2007 class.

3. Cleveland (4-12)

Projected pick: +Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

Needs: CB, QB, RB, LOT, DL, S, OLB, WR

The Browns would love to land Russell with this pick. If he's gone, GM Phil Savage will have a tough decision between Peterson and QB Brady Quinn. Although Savage and his staff are still debating the subject, there are rumblings that they are leaning toward Peterson. Recently signed free-agent RB Jamal Lewis has loads of mileage on his legs and the team signed him only to a one-year deal. The veteran back could split carries with Peterson, which would give the rookie a year to get acclimated before turning him loose as the full-time starter in 2008.

4. Tampa Bay (4-12)

Projected pick: +Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech

Needs: WR, DT, S, DE, CB, OT, RB, TE

The Bucs are reportedly already in discussions with the Lions to trade up if Johnson is on the board at No. 2 overall. Coach Jon Gruden must be salivating at the possibility of working with a dynamic playmaker like Johnson. As a side note; if the Buccaneers can't land Johnson they'll look to bail out of this pick.

5. Arizona (5-11)
    Projected pick: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

Needs: OT, WLB, CB, DT, DE, TE, S, P

This is best-case scenario for a Cardinals team in desperate need of an upgrade at offensive tackle. Thomas is the premier offensive line talent in the 2007 class and he's ready to start immediately.

6. Washington (5-11)
    Projected pick: Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville

Needs: DT, DE, G, S, CB, WR, OLB, QB, TE

After setting a franchise record with only 19 sacks in 2006, the Redskins must upgrade their pass rush. Because Adams is no longer on the board, Okoye becomes the next-best option. The 19-year-old has bulked up to 300-plus pounds and recently ran the 40 in the 4.8-second range at an on-campus workout.

7. Minnesota (6-10)
    Projected pick: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

Needs: WR, DE, CB, TE, C/G, QB, DT, RB

There are conflicting reports coming out of Minnesota regarding the Vikings' interest in Quinn. Although they still like the potential of QB Tarvaris Jackson (last year's second-round pick), it would be awfully difficult to pass on Quinn if he slips to No. 7. Also, don't be surprised if the Vikings use Quinn as bait to trade out of this pick, especially with the Dolphins sitting just a couple spots below them.

8. Atlanta (7-9)
    (from Houston)

Projected pick: LaRon Landry, S, LSU

Needs: S, DE, OT, CB, G, DT, RB, PK, MLB, QB

OT Levi Brown is a possibility, especially with new head coach Bobby Petrino looking to get bigger and more physical along the offensive line. However, Landry is the more highly rated prospect at a position of equal need. A four-year starter in the SEC, Landry should be ready to start immediately in the NFL.

9. Miami (6-10)
    Projected pick: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

Needs: OT/G, QB, DL, CB, TE, WR, S, RB, LB, C

The Dolphins may consider moving up if Quinn begins to fall. Otherwise, expect them to take the best available offensive or defensive lineman at No. 9. Brown, who is this draft's second-rated offensive tackle behind Thomas, has the size and mobility to solidify the Dolphins' left tackle position for years to come.

10. Houston (6-10)
    (from Atlanta)

Projected pick: Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

Needs: CB, WR, S, DT, OLB, DE, OT, RB

The Texans need to find a quality starter opposite Dunta Robinson and Hall is the top-rated cornerback in this year's class. Also to consider; if the Browns don't take Peterson at No. 3 overall, he could slip to the Texans at No. 10. Houston has more pressing needs after signing veteran RB Ahman Green, but it would be awfully tough to pass on Peterson -- one year after passing on Reggie Bush (Saints).

11. San Francisco (7-9)
    Projected pick: +Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

Needs: DT/DE, OLB, S, OT, WR, RB, ILB, TE, FB, C/G

Instead of reaching for WR Ted Ginn Jr., the 49ers should use this pick to bolster their defensive front. Branch is slipping on many teams' boards due to fear regarding his inconsistent motor and potential for weight issues. But if the 323-pounder is still on the board at No. 11, it could prove to be a worthwhile risk for the ascending 49ers.

12. Buffalo (7-9)
    Projected pick: Patrick Willis, ILB, Mississippi

Needs: RB, CB, OLB, TE, DT, FB, WR, ILB, FS

It's too high to take a chance on RB Marshawn Lynch and Hall is already off the board. That's why, in this scenario, the Bills should address a lesser need by taking Willis, who ranks as the premier linebacker prospect in the 2007 class. Willis has the workout numbers to match his production as a three-year starter in the SEC.

Round 2

43. Buffalo -- +Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State

Round 3

74. Buffalo -- Tim Shaw, LB, Penn State

92. Buffalo (from Baltimore) --Tarell Brown, CB, Texas

Round 4

111. Buffalo -- Kareem Brown, DE, Miami

Round 5

NO PICK

Round 6

184. Buffalo -- Le'Ron McClain, FB, Alabama

Round 7

222. Buffalo -- David Ball, WR, New Hampshire

239. Buffalo (from Baltimore) -- Anthony Pudewell, TE, Nevada

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: ESPN/McShay complete 7 round draft

Tim Shaw?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Besides the shaw pick i can't complain about that draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont like the DE pick we will not be taken 1 of those other than that i cant complain, Shaw is questionable maybe Durant there

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by gr8slayer
    Tim Shaw?
    I think Shaw is a good fit as a project ILB for the Patriots. He was a solid MLB for Penn State before switching to DE last year, and he is an underrated athlete. With his versatlity he might fit at ILB or OLB for the Pats.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I am I right in understanding this guy in saying that CB is a bigger need for the Bills than LB and that the Bills will have to settle for Willis because Hall is already gone ? if so, this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. We lost 2 starting LB and only 1 CB. All these draft experts had Youboty ranked alot higher than he was picked last year. doesnt that mean anything at all?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by billsburgh
    I am I right in understanding this guy in saying that CB is a bigger need for the Bills than LB and that the Bills will have to settle for Willis because Hall is already gone ? if so, this guy doesnt know what he's talking about. We lost 2 starting LB and only 1 CB. All these draft experts had Youboty ranked alot higher than he was picked last year. doesnt that mean anything at all?
    You touched on about three subjects that will make the board rip each others head off. We'll see threads about how tampa 2 corners are a dime a dozen and we don't need good corners. National media not doing homework about the bills scheme, and higher ranked players being better then what spot they were drafted. Needless to say all the points you made will be and have been greatly debated till the draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thumbs up Re: ESPN/McShay complete 7 round draft

Quote Originally Posted by NE39
    I think Shaw is a good fit as a project ILB for the Patriots. He was a solid MLB for Penn State before switching to DE last year, and he is an underrated athlete. With his versatlity he might fit at ILB or OLB for the Pats.
    Shaw is also the better LB prospect from Penn State than that other clown so many people on this board are clamoring for.

~The Answer

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by camelcowboy
    You touched on about three subjects that will make the board rip each others head off. We'll see threads about how tampa 2 corners are a dime a dozen and we don't need good corners. National media not doing homework about the bills scheme, and higher ranked players being better then what spot they were drafted. Needless to say all the points you made will be and have been greatly debated till the draft.
    yeah, I know. I'm getting tired of reading the same things over and over and over again.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Shaw is also the better LB prospect from Penn State than that other clown so many people on this board are clamoring for.

~The Answer
    which NFL teams are paying you for your hours and hours of film study on all the top prospects this year?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Those first four picks look good to me, would really fill that huge void at LB and provide some CB insurance in case Youboty or McGee falters. Pittman could be real good as well.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Cool Re: ESPN/McShay complete 7 round draft

Quote Originally Posted by billsburgh
    which NFL teams are paying you for your hours and hours of film study on all the top prospects this year?
    The Answer works pro bono and isn't employed by any NFL organization - however I do have little birds that whisper insider information into my ear from time to time - And trust The Answer on this: We are not drafting Poslunzy per my sources.

~The Answer

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Answer works pro bono and isn't employed by any NFL organization - however I do have little birds that whisper insider information into my ear from time to time - And trust The Answer on this: We are not drafting Poslunzy per my sources.

~The Answer

I needed a good laugh.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Other than Willis, I dont like this draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

~The Answer
    If that's the same little birdie who told you that Kelly Holcomb is a steal for Philly, you should be having it for dinner tonight.

Lecter's Little Bitch
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,367 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The only thing more absurb than the usual ESPN mock that has us taking Leon Hall is that he actually goes off the board 2 picks before us.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,431 Times in 2,008 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

We are not drafting Poslunzy per my sources.

~The Answer
    What happened to referring to yourself in 3rd person?

Springfield, Massachusetts, United States
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Now I hope we draft POZ so you can banish into the depths of hell and be gone for good lol

Administrator Emeritus

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

however I do have little birds that whisper insider information into my ear from time to time

~The Answer

Don't they have medication for that?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

~The Answer
    only bird The Answer has any conversations with.

"You cant draft Elmo unless you trade down first"