Sorry but we might have blown the 2007 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Sorry but we might have blown the 2007 season.

Not to give "Pat" fuel for his fire but Chris Brown is already reporting, in his own words, that "Willis is a goner" and that we might trade down.

I wasn't expecting us to jettison our starting RB and both LBs so we could take some schmo at #22.

This basically means no star RB, no star LB, no star anything. My enthusiasm is starting to fade fast.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Sorry but we might have blown the 2007 season.

It depends on how far. Who knows maybe Green Bay will want to trade up for Lynch with Buffalo. Let's face it Carolina wants to trade down and would love to trade with the Titans so the only guarantee for Lynch would be to trade up. The Bills could get Poz or Beason and still get another 3rd round pick....I will wait to see how this pans out.

Comment

• Ed
      • Sep 2002

I like the idea of trading down and picking up more draft picks because I think it gives us a better chance of making a trade for Briggs, LJ or Turner and still allow us to add a few first day rookies.

Comment

• jdbillsfan
        • Oct 2002

This draft isn't very deep with top end blue chippers. I am not sure you are going to get something at 12, that wouldn't be similar at 22. If you can stockpile some picks, you have more options to fill holes.

Trading down would be a smart move in my opinion.

You can get stars in any round.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
          This draft isn't very deep with top end blue chippers. I am not sure you are going to get something at 12, that wouldn't be similar at 22. If you can stockpile some picks, you have more options to fill holes.

plus, you'll have more ammo for when you try to make a deal for Michael Turner.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Since when did the draft translate to the outcome of the season?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by jdbillsfan

I'm not sure we disagree. No blue chippers left at #12.

My point is that we got over confident that we could replace Willis and Fletcher and now it's looking like neither will be replaced with better talent.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                Because it was the only thing we had left. Unless, of course we are signing Lance and LJ before the draft.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

It's April 26th. We should all take a deep breath, pour ourselves a cocktail, and relax. The draft is a few days away and the season doesn't start for several months.

I don't think we're doomed just yet.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    when you lose 3 defensive starters and sign 0 defensive starters. there is a LOT riding on this draft for the Bills (too much if you ask me).
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                      Not to give "Pat" fuel for his fire but Chris Brown is already reporting, in his own words, that "Willis is a goner" and that we might trade down.

I wasn't expecting us to jettison our starting RB and both LBs so we could take some schmo at #22.

This basically means no star RB, no star LB, no star anything. My enthusiasm is starting to fade fast.
                      This thread is a ******. Just because we don't get 1 player who no one really knows if he will even be any good our whole season is shot...

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                        • Apr 2005

Originally posted by don137
                        It depends on how far. Who knows maybe Green Bay will want to trade up for Lynch with Buffalo. Let's face it Carolina wants to trade down and would love to trade with the Titans so the only guarantee for Lynch would be to trade up. The Bills could get Poz or Beason and still get another 3rd round pick....I will wait to see how this pans out.
                        thats what i was thinkin. except maybe denver? theyre itchin to make a move and i wouldnt be surprised to see them scoot up with us to take carriker and we could still get Pos. We might not get a huge name in the draft and if those guys are gone (Peterson, Willis) we should make a sensible move to get better value on our pick while adding an extra pick. I gotta feelin Levy likes Pos.....two words...Shane Conlan.....

Comment

• Night Train
                          Retired - On Several Levels
                          • Jul 2005

When are the Tony Award nominations being announced again ?
                          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                            Because it was the only thing we had left. Unless, of course we are signing Lance and LJ before the draft.
                            you mean we have no other players on the team and if we do these draft picks would've guaranteed us more wins than the players we already have?

If that's the case then next years draft strategy would be to trade all our players for draft picks and field an all rookie team then.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                              • Oct 2002

I think it was just time to move on with all of those players. Some didn't want to be here, some had other issues.

The holes that McGahee, Fletcher and Spikes are leaving may not be as big as you think.

Comment

Working...
                              X