• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gr8slayer
    • Feb 2005

Re: Kiper says draft is weak at LB

Originally posted by justasportsfan
    actually, we also have access to his sources. Just go to bb.com and click on Chris Browns blog and then run back here and start a thread . Just make sure to say, "my sources" .
    Sweet. I'm going to start saying "my sources indicate" from here on in every time I start a thread.

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

It's both weak and deep, depending on how you look at it. Realisitcally there is only one "stud" in the bunch and that's Willis - that's why it could be considered a weak crop. After that you have a bunch of guys who fit into certain systems. Guys who could shine in the right systems, but become unknowns in the wrong system. There are alot of guys who will be good value picks in rounds 2-4 which is why it's a deep crop. Beason and Poz will most likely be low first to early 2nd rounders. Then you have a GREAT run stuffer in in David Harris if that's what you need. You also have your Timmons', Buster Davis', Siler's, Durant's, Shaw's, etc. etc.

I personally feel that if you're looking for quick, undersized guys, for e.g. the Bills & Colts, you have more options.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
        probably true--at least for the WLB types. 2nd or 3rd round guys like Rufus Alexander or Justin Durant are undersized by very fast and great in coverage. Not sure its that deep for the MLB or SLB position, which require speed and cover skills but a little more bulk as well. I.e. we can definately get another (maybe even a better) Ellison in the 2nd or 3rd, but can we find someone who can help us in the run game?
        Slow down.. Your actually talking about what the thread is supposed to be about and didnt take a single potshot at Kiper!

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

I think there is a significant dropoff after Willis, Beason, Timmons and Poz. After the 1st round, where these guys should go, there is a bit of a gap. There are no OLB's and only one ILB (Siler) worth a 2nd IMO.
          I would call that weak, but the upside of some of those receiving the lower draft grades, like Quincy Black, Stephen Nicholas, Justin Durant and Rufus Alexander is awfully tempting on day 1.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

After Willis, there's still Beason. IMO the dropoff is very very small.

After those two, the drop off is much bigger, all the way down to Posluszny, then you go from there.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Since we need an immediate full-time starter, you have to measure by that standard. IMO, based on what I've read, Willis, Beason and Poz are the only ones who can do that. Anyone else, and I'd be really concerned about our defense.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Billsrock4life
                • Nov 2005

He is right about this there isnt that much at LB at all

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

No this draft is not weak at LB, and you can easily find starters (yes even for this year). Here are the players who could start this year for this team and many other NFL teams:

1 Willis
                  2 Beason
                  3 Pos
                  4 Harris
                  5 Durant
                  6 DeOssie
                  7 Blades
                  8 Davis
                  9 Siler
                  10 Black
                  11 Timmons
                  12 Bradeley
                  13 Nicholas
                  14 Everett
                  15 Alexander
                  16 Johnson

Im sorry but when you have 16 LB's (all IMO of course) who could start at some point this season and contribute then that is not a weak LB class whatsoever. And Id be willing to defend any of those guys to anybody.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                    No this draft is not weak at LB, and you can easily find starters (yes even for this year). Here are the players who could start this year for this team and many other NFL teams:

1 Willis
                    2 Beason
                    3 Pos
                    4 Harris
                    5 Durant
                    6 DeOssie
                    7 Blades
                    8 Davis
                    9 Siler
                    10 Black
                    11 Timmons
                    12 Bradeley
                    13 Nicholas
                    14 Everett
                    15 Alexander
                    16 Johnson

Im sorry but when you have 16 LB's (all IMO of course) who could start at some point this season and contribute then that is not a weak LB class whatsoever. And Id be willing to defend any of those guys to anybody.
                    Thanks man! I always thought this draft was deep at LB too. There are a bunch of stars and some very solid ones too.

Comment

Working...
                    X