WTF going on? Now Kiper has us taking David Harris 12th?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

WTF going on? Now Kiper has us taking David Harris 12th?????

Dave Ithaca,NY: Mel has the Bills taking David Harris with the 12th pick in the first round? Is this possible?

Todd McShay : (1:14 PM ET ) It's definitely a reach, but I understand where Mel's going with the pick. I was stuck at No. 12 doing my last mock draft and was tempted to put in a different LB much higher than his value, especially after how high they took John McCargo a year ago. At the end of the day, I think Harris's highest point will be No. 24 to the Patriots. The problem is, if both the cornerbacks (Hall and Revis) and ILB Patrick Willis are off the board at No. 12, the Bills are stuck. The best value might be Amobi Okoye, but they drafted McCargo in the first round last year and they traded for Darwin Walker in the offseason.

=====================================================
    David Harris?? 12th overall?? If I was Redd Foxx, I"d be joining Elizabeth right now because the "big one" is coming.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • jamesiscool
    suck it fool.
    • Feb 2007

Re: WTF going on? Now Kiper has us taking David Harris 12th?????

not happening at 12. no way.
    Sec 241 row 12 seat 23

Comment

• Ed
      Dude
      • Sep 2002

If Mel Kiper is predicting it, I'm sure it won't happen now. Does he ever get our pick right?

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I cant see that being humanly possible. We're supposed to use the 12th pick on the 12th best player, not the 12th best linebacker.

Ok that was sarcasm.. But I've never seen Harris ranked higher than 5th or 6th on ANY "expert's" chart.. Dont get me wrong I like him.. But he's like end of first/early second projections EVERYWHERE.

This is the ONE thing I just CANNOT see happening.. Unlike most here, I actually like Kiper.. but he's flippin CRAZY

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

The ESPN interactive mock draft has us taking.......

12. Bills
          Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
          John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Where's Marshawn Lynch? He'll go a little later. Dick Jauron would prefer Willis here, but he's gone. Jauron believes enough in Anthony Thomas to pass on Lynch and get a running back in the second round. They lost Nate Clements to free agnecy, so Hall fills a need at cornerback.

Comment

• shelby
            The Vanilla *****
            • Jul 2002

Remember, y'all, Marv is an evil ing genius. Have faith.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
              The ESPN interactive mock draft has us taking.......

12. Bills
              Leon Hall, CB, Michigan
              John Clayton, ESPN.com senior NFL writer: Where's Marshawn Lynch? He'll go a little later. Dick Jauron would prefer Willis here, but he's gone. Jauron believes enough in Anthony Thomas to pass on Lynch and get a running back in the second round. They lost Nate Clements to free agnecy, so Hall fills a need at cornerback.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=2848586
              I need alcohol... This day is getting very ugly

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by jamesiscool
                not happening at 12. no way.
                That's what a lot of people said about Whitner at eight.

Comment

• EDS
                  • Jan 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  Dave Ithaca,NY: Mel has the Bills taking David Harris with the 12th pick in the first round? Is this possible?

Todd McShay : (1:14 PM ET ) It's definitely a reach, but I understand where Mel's going with the pick. I was stuck at No. 12 doing my last mock draft and was tempted to put in a different LB much higher than his value, especially after how high they took John McCargo a year ago. At the end of the day, I think Harris's highest point will be No. 24 to the Patriots. The problem is, if both the cornerbacks (Hall and Revis) and ILB Patrick Willis are off the board at No. 12, the Bills are stuck. The best value might be Amobi Okoye, but they drafted McCargo in the first round last year and they traded for Darwin Walker in the offseason.

=====================================================
                  David Harris?? 12th overall?? If I was Redd Foxx, I"d be joining Elizabeth right now because the "big one" is coming.
                  I predicted this earlier today.

Apparently the guys at ESPN all think this Harris is the pick.

Comment

• mayotm
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    I need alcohol... This day is getting very ugly
                    Take it easy. It's just another mock draft. You have all day Saturday and Sunday to get bent out of shape.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                      • Jul 2005

Why is NO ONE mentioning Beason at 12 in the past couple days? Absolutely everything you read about the guy makes him look like a great fit for the Cover-2 defense. He may not be a peace corps volunteer, but he's a fiery competitor and was a leader of the miami defense last year. Even if the Bills don't end up taking him, you'd think some of these commentators would see him as a natural fit here.

I'm trying hard not to get worked up about anything today. we've all got to remember that the day before the draft the wires are chock full of misdirection, smokescreens, and outright lies. deep breath.
                      Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Saratoga Slim
                        Why is NO ONE mentioning Beason at 12 in the past couple days? Absolutely everything you read about the guy makes him look like a great fit for the Cover-2 defense. He may not be a peace corps volunteer, but he's a fiery competitor and was a leader of the miami defense last year. Even if the Bills don't end up taking him, you'd think some of these commentators would see him as a natural fit here.

I'm trying hard not to get worked up about anything today. we've all got to remember that the day before the draft the wires are chock full of misdirection, smokescreens, and outright lies. deep breath.
                        I've been wondering the same thing. Beason seems like the perfect fit for this defense and our team. I really would be surprised if we take another LB over him.

Comment

• madness
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by shelby

Remember, y'all, Marv is an evil ing genius. Have faith.
                          I really can't ****ing believe he curses that ****ing much. I ****ing bet you, though, that ****ing, dirty old man is an evil ing genius. No wait, why the **** would he genii? Damn it, I ****ing give up. Holy ****ing ****! You meant evil ****ing genius! Well, why didn't you ****ing say so in the ****ing first place?

Sorry, the ****ing anticipation of this ****ing draft is making go ****ing bananas!

I ****ing love ****ing filters.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                            • Jul 2002

Harris it is baby!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Even GOD (Mayock) doesnt have David Harris with even a FIRST ROUND grade, let alone the 12th overall pick.

He's ranked 34th by Mayock.
                              The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

Comment

Working...
                              X