X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Marvelous
    • Feb 2004

Cieslak

I made a thread right after the season ended but i put Neufeld down and yadda yadda etc....

-He started at FB against the Ravens and had a few catches. Damien Shelton is a mediocre recieving threat And i think we could use the recieving FB over the mauler Shelton/Gash type. But Shelton is by no means Gash.

-This is why i wanted the kid from Rutgers this year. Oh well....

-I recall Cieslak lighting it up last mini/training camp and really wanna see him get some playing time at FB.. He's not fast enough to be effective as a TE..

-Since our TE situation is looking to mediocre yet again i could see Cieslak being a goto guy for JP, esp when there's a big blitz coming...

Sounds like a simple way to get more overall production from our offense, and a way to get this kid more playing time.. Defenses never prepare for a FB outta the backfield...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

-Larry Centers bailing out Rob Johnson comes to mind. No way will we probably ever see a FB with hands like that but the ideao of a Recieving FB threat is appetizing.... Thoughs guys/gals?
    GO BILLS!!! NE
    Magical Trevor
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Re: Cieslak

Cieslak could be a great option at TE, but dont look for him to be a Larry Centers type. We dont profically use the FB in our offense and he would be used sparingly and mainly as only a blocker.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

That kid we Drafted- Schouman I think- He's going to be our H-Back- a TE in the backfield

Comment

• Marvelous
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy
        Cieslak could be a great option at TE, but dont look for him to be a Larry Centers type. We dont profically use the FB in our offense and he would be used sparingly and mainly as only a blocker.
        We used Shelton quite a bit last season and i recall 2-3 times he blew it in the redzone.. You speak as though i don't know our offense dude.

That kid we Drafted- Schouman I think- He's going to be our H-Back- a TE in the backfield
        He is? where'd you hear that? Well if a 7th round pick can replace Cieslak then he must be impressive...woot.. I just want better production recieving wise from the FB position since our TE production is mediocre -average at best..
        GO BILLS!!! NE
        Magical Trevor

Comment

• Night Train
          Retired - On Several Levels
          • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
          I think the same. Much faster and better hands.

I do think the Bills will run 3 WR, single RB on many plays.
          Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Marvelous

He is? where'd you hear that? Well if a 7th round pick can replace Cieslak then he must be impressive...woot..
            That wouldn't be a major surprise. Cieslak was a UDFA who has never been too productive.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              That wouldn't be a major surprise. Cieslak was a UDFA who has never been too productive.
              I thought Cieslak looked pretty good last year. I think everyone hasn't been that productive with the crap line we had.

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

Go H-Backs!:)

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Marvelous
                  We used Shelton quite a bit last season and i recall 2-3 times he blew it in the redzone.. You speak as though i don't know our offense dude.
                  Again you arent talking about the same type I am, Center never carried the ball, and we dont throw to our FB like we did when we had Centers. So I wouldnt look for Cieslak to be used as a receiving option out of the backfield, he'd only block. And using Shelton 2-3 times doesnt mean it is a prolific option in our offense.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• alohabillsfan
                    • Sep 2003

Me thinks the only reason we had a FB last year was the crappy Oline. Me thinks that the Bills base offense this year will be 3 WR,1 TE and 1 RB, ( if the Oline can protect).

Evans Parrish Peters Dockery Fowler Merz Walker Royal Price
                    JP

Lynch

Comment

• Marvelous
                      • Feb 2004

I was neged for this thread. No wonder i'm in the red..
                      GO BILLS!!! NE
                      Magical Trevor

Comment

• KMA
                        Veteran Zoner
                        • Sep 2005

To me it's disappointing when we are always looking for reasons and ways to fit players that aren't meant for certain roles into them on our team because we don't have the appropriate guys.

Comment

• B-DON
                          hi
                          • Mar 2004

Everet better step up this year. He could be a huge surprise for us if he ever lives up to any of his potential. He is by far the most athlettically gifted TE we have on this roseter. Plus he is our only TE running under a 5.6 forty. Man our TE's are slow

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

Schouman should contribute.

Comment

Working...
                            X