Veteran Zoner
    • Apr 2007

JP Losman is not the Bills future QB

Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

All these guys are going to need contract extensions fairly soon...

Say we can only sign three of these guys.. Who do you think gets the axe(assuming they play at the level they have been playing at)..

That's right.. it's JP

Unless Losman turns into a superstar, I really think he is going to be one of the few good starting QB's to leave their team via free agency..

This is why Trent Edwards was drafted... He will sit a year or two, and then try and take Losman's place...

The sad thing is, I doubt the Bills can even sign all three(Schobel, Evans, and Peters) even if Losman leaves..

I think Lee Evans and Jason Peters are the two players this franchise will build around..
  • dolphan117
    • Dec 2005

Re: JP Losman is not the Bills future QB

Doh!

Comment

• dolphan117
      • Dec 2005

Pray tell why you would only be able to resign 3 of those guys? And why if Losman was playing well you would resign other guys instead of keeping stability at the most important position in football?

Comment

• Bills232
        Veteran Zoner
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by dolphan117
        Pray tell why you would only be able to resign 3 of those guys?

Because Buffalo just isn't an attractive option for NFL free agents anymore...

We have to overpay our own...

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
          Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
          • Jun 2006

Originally posted by Bills232
          Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

Say we can only sign three of these guys.. Who do you think gets the axe(assuming they play at the level they have been playing at)..

That's right.. it's JP

Unless Losman turns into a superstar, I really think he is going to be one of the few good starting QB's to leave their team via free agency..

This is why Trent Edwards was drafted... He will sit a year or two, and then try and take Losman's place...

The sad thing is, I doubt the Bills can even sign all three(Schobel, Evans, and Peters) even if Losman leaves..

I think Lee Evans and Jason Peters are the two players this franchise will build around..
          Uh actually nobody is up after this season and I have a sneaky suspicion that if JP does well (7-10 wins) 3000-3500 yards, 20-25 tds, 10-15 ints and a pass completion percentage of 65-69 percent that he is going to get a nice long term contract and I know that Sweet Lee is. I think, no I am willing to bet it all that
          Schobel, Evans, Peters, and Losman are going to be here for the forseeable future.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
            Power & Authority Demand Responsibility to the common good, and must never be abused.
            • Jun 2006

Because Buffalo just isn't an attractive option for NFL free agents anymore...

We have to overpay our own...
            Really, we got some nice OLs in free agency this year, and some guys on D last year. Stop being ignorant.

Comment

• Generalissimus Gibby
              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by dolphan117
              Pray tell why you would only be able to resign 3 of those guys? And why if Losman was playing well you would resign other guys instead of keeping stability at the most important position in football?
              are you sure that you're a fish fan? You are a great deal more intelligent than some of them.

Comment

• Bills232
                Veteran Zoner
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by thenewfreshness
                Really, we got some nice OLs in free agency this year, and some guys on D last year. Stop being ignorant.
                Ya..... Did you see how much we paid for them?

Nobody was giving Langston or Derrick what the Bills were offering..

Comment

• camelcowboy
                  • Mar 2005

we have alot of cap space left it's time the bills start extending some of the young guns.

Comment

• happyspermwhale
                    Fish Fan embarrassed by Dolphins
                    • May 2007

Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

That's right.. it's JP

Losman is 8-16 lifetime as a starter and even if by some miracle he improves he will demand a lot of money.

There's a reason why Levy drafted former Stanford standout trent edwards....bye bye losman!

Comment

• KMA
                      Veteran Zoner
                      • Sep 2005

Think about it...

Schobel

Evans

Peters

Losman

That's right.. it's JP

They may need to restructure Schobel, but he is signed through the season that he is 32. After that we need to let him walk. He's no future, he's the now part of the equation.

Being a speed guy and not a muscle guy he is going to diminish quicker than muscle guys.

Comment

• raphael120
                        Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
                        • Oct 2005

In all seriousness, I was actually thinking the same thing. I was listenin to coach sal's bills podcast (awesome podcast, btw)... and he mentioned about how we drafted and signed ALL 9 rookies last season. And he brought up the fact that the Bills were having salary cap trouble and had to go the cheap route to keep under it. So it's obvious that the Bills CAN be stingy with their money...and the question of if they can resign all that talent is a big question mark, and you can't deny it...
                        But maybe that IS why they picked Trent Edwards, 1. at all, 2. and a QB that high...
                        He's an insurance policy, no doubt, but also if 1. JPs play levels off, 2. JP demands alot of money when his contract is up.

But on the same token, who really knows? But the Bills have not been known, as of late, to being privy to resigning their own FA's, especially their GREAT free agents....(i.e. NOT Shaud Willliams, Kelsay, Tim anderson, T. McGee)...Jason peters, one of the few exceptions.

Just my 2 cents...

Comment

• The Answer
                          The Plagiarist
                          • Mar 2007

It's really hard to say at this point - but don't give up on Losman just yet. He could have a huge season if the oline improves and Lynch brings an explosive running game to the table.

But then again - everything could backfire and Trent "The Young Gun" Edwards may be starting by thankgiving.

~The Answer

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

I think one of the reasons the team was willing to go with the 'cash to the cap' philosophy this year was the consideration at how well we'll be set up financially to extend both Losman and Evans if both continue to improve.

Down the road, this is going to look like one helluva smart move.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• bflojohn
                              • Aug 2005

The salary structure will be manipulated just as it is in all of the cities across the league. Dockery,Walker, and Kelsay will probably be asked to restructure their contracts for more "up front" monies that will allow the Bills to sign the core players going forward. If the Indianapolis Colts can afford Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dwight Freeney, and Reggie Wayne along with a host of other KEY players, the Bills will be able to do the same. Quit fretting!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X