Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm out

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm out

No offense, but this league is dead. I know it takes time to run, etc, but the fact that the rankings have been out for 2 weeks and haven't been posted is unacceptable. The involvement just isn't here, IMO. Consider my team available to anyone who wants it. I'm out of the BZFL.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: I'm out

Eb said that he's busy with a few things right now. That's why he hasn't sent any emails or whatever. I think this league is going to die too and it's a shame. I knew I should have joined R. Rich's league at TBD this year.

If anyone else wanted to step up and help commish the league...maybe things would go faster. But no one else offered.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Eb gave us an option that would help and prolong the league but some people must sleep with their roster at night. Sad to say, but this was expected. We should probably have a re-vote so everybody can change their answer to quit so they can feel blameless because Eb didn't shoulder the load.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by madness
    Eb gave us an option that would help and prolong the league but some people must sleep with their roster at night. Sad to say, but this was expected. We should probably have a re-vote so everybody can change their answer to quit so they can feel blameless because Eb didn't shoulder the load.
    The problem was....to restart the league...we need a re-stocking draft. That seems to take forever. And then u have the times where many people don't show up and we need a bunch of people to help run it. Rich is running his own league now, so i don't think he'll have the time. Playa is also busy. I'm around to help, but dont own the game. I don't know what to do honestly. I want to do this again....but it seems like no one else cares.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    The problem was....to restart the league...we need a re-stocking draft. That seems to take forever. And then u have the times where many people don't show up and we need a bunch of people to help run it. Rich is running his own league now, so i don't think he'll have the time. Playa is also busy. I'm around to help, but dont own the game. I don't know what to do honestly. I want to do this again....but it seems like no one else cares.
    What? Rich is a two-timing hussy?

Seriously, that's why I thought it would be a great time to reorganize. Eb is loaded and, like you said, no else cares. It's shame to see this league go down like this.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Eb said that he's busy with a few things right now. That's why he hasn't sent any emails or whatever. I think this league is going to die too and it's a shame. I knew I should have joined R. Rich's league at TBD this year.

If anyone else wanted to step up and help commish the league...maybe things would go faster. But no one else offered.
    I stuck around too hoping that the league was going to run. Didn't look for another league because 2 teams is just way too much time and I was building a dynasty of young gun talent here.

Now I lost my opportunity to join up something else from the start. I see Rich has a league just starting with a couple openings but how much of the stocking draft is already finished? I wanted to build my own team.

If this wasn't going to work out they should of let us know a long time ago instead of stringing us along. It looked as if it was going to die by some of the polls but they kept saying they were going to do it. You know deep down inside they knew they were probably going to bail out. Now we're left out in the cold.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It sucks but running one of these things really is a 2-3 man job. And for new owners let me tell you the stocking draft takes a month or two and is a pain in the nuts after about the 10th round especially if you actually care and are doing your homework. And their are a good bit of us that simply dont have the time to do that all over again.

For some owners after all the work they put in starting over was not appealing at all. Especially since they worked to build thier team.

I understand, it sucks....but I understand. As working on another league I can attest to how much time/effort it takes to properly run one of these things. Simming the games is only half the work and thats time consuming in itself.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

i was making some great moves to fix the mess of the previous owner too.i wish we could have kept this going.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Devin
    It sucks but running one of these things really is a 2-3 man job. And for new owners let me tell you the stocking draft takes a month or two and is a pain in the nuts after about the 10th round especially if you actually care and are doing your homework. And their are a good bit of us that simply dont have the time to do that all over again.

For some owners after all the work they put in starting over was not appealing at all. Especially since they worked to build thier team.

I understand, it sucks....but I understand. As working on another league I can attest to how much time/effort it takes to properly run one of these things. Simming the games is only half the work and thats time consuming in itself.
    Exactly. I wasn't here for the stocking draft. I took over the 2nd year with a piss poor team and built my team up with all young players at a cheap rate. I had nothing on defense when I took over and after I was finished all my starters would have been at least a 6 and on the rise. I even built my OL up in 1 year and my QB, DE, LB and RB position. I was set for a nice run for years especially with tons of draft picks out of the first 68 picks.

After taking over a team that wasn't from scrath it was a lot of time and work. I can imagine how long it took to do the stocking draft. Why in gods name would somebody just want to restart the league and do it all over again and go through all that time. Especially all of us who dealt and drafted smart and towards the future. Right when our time paid off and our plan was put into place the league folds.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,505 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This sucks.... but i understand that the desire for leadership isn't there and it's very time consuming...

Too bad.

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

R. Rich has one going on over at TBD.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh!
    This sucks.... but i understand that the desire for leadership isn't there and it's very time consuming...

Too bad.
    Well the same people running the new league at TBD were all owners in this league. It could've worked if managment wanted it to. Hell, it would have been even easier to keep this going then to start another league from scratch.

We already had owners that looked as if they were dedicated to sticking with their teams. That new league already had owners drop out before it even started. How many more will drop out and quit during or after this season when they realize they did a horrible job and their team sucks? Probably at least a few.

It seemed like we had a good 20 owners that were here to stay and kept up with their team during the season. It would've been much easier to keep this one up then to start one over from scratch with a bunch of new owners you were not even sure about.

Seeing as how dedicated I was with my team this year too I would have thought that somebody would have offered me a team in the new league. I would not have quit like 3 of them already did before the stocking draft even started.

Now whoever takes over them teams are screwed. They midas well just dump them. 22 other teams already have most of their startes set. Somebody else will take over and get all the scraps left over.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by BillsFever21
    Well the same people running the new league at TBD were all owners in this league. It could've worked if managment wanted it to. Hell, it would have been even easier to keep this going then to start another league from scratch.

We already had owners that looked as if they were dedicated to sticking with their teams. That new league already had owners drop out before it even started. How many more will drop out and quit during or after this season when they realize they did a horrible job and their team sucks? Probably at least a few.

It seemed like we had a good 20 owners that were here to stay and kept up with their team during the season. It would've been much easier to keep this one up then to start one over from scratch with a bunch of new owners you were not even sure about.

Seeing as how dedicated I was with my team this year too I would have thought that somebody would have offered me a team in the new league. I would not have quit like 3 of them already did before the stocking draft even started.

Now whoever takes over them teams are screwed. They midas well just dump them. 22 other teams already have most of their startes set. Somebody else will take over and get all the scraps left over.

From the BZFL, there's only 2 people in the TBD league, and one of them wasn't an original owner.

Speaking of, we had a few original owners drop out in BZFL also. Anyone remember the Nasty Knights?

People drop out for many reasons, but the one I find most is the "my attention span is too short to be involved in a draft w/ over 50............ooh, look @ that cat riding the Harley..." types who are gung ho @ the start, before they realize the committment needed to participate.

The new owners will get more picks to make up for the ones wasted by the previous owners. It won't be perfect, but it will enable them to stock their team. Plus, the other owners have been pretty good 'bout making trades w/ teams that need the picks and, unlike owners in other leagues I've been in, they're not out to "get over" when they make trades.

The TBD league isn't for everyone........obviously. It is a lot of fun though, especially after the work is put in and we get to playing (simming) the games.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by R. Rich
    From the BZFL, there's only 2 people in the TBD league, and one of them wasn't an original owner.

Speaking of, we had a few original owners drop out in BZFL also. Anyone remember the Nasty Knights?

People drop out for many reasons, but the one I find most is the "my attention span is too short to be involved in a draft w/ over 50............ooh, look @ that cat riding the Harley..." types who are gung ho @ the start, before they realize the committment needed to participate.

The new owners will get more picks to make up for the ones wasted by the previous owners. It won't be perfect, but it will enable them to stock their team. Plus, the other owners have been pretty good 'bout making trades w/ teams that need the picks and, unlike owners in other leagues I've been in, they're not out to "get over" when they make trades.

The TBD league isn't for everyone........obviously. It is a lot of fun though, especially after the work is put in and we get to playing (simming) the games.
    If anybody else drops out after the stocking is done let me know and I'll join that day. To start over a new league and go through all that initial stocking I would have like to pick my players or at least have some of the impact players. Just too much work to start over a reclamation product when the league just joined and everybody else has all the impact players and you're left with all your starters on your team who should have been your backups. It would be a never-ending project to even try and catch up let alone going ahead of them.

Like the team I took over in this league, I did a great job of building it up. I even amzed myself for the first time doing it but I couldn't imagine if I wouldn't of even had the handful of guys I had to start with like Hall, Gross, Steinbach, Hampton, Smith, Johnson and Williams. The rest of the team was a big pile of crap but at least I had them guys and had something to work with. It would be way too much time and work when you won't have 1 impact players.

And when you get them teams not even drafting that leaves more impact players that fell another round or so which means even 1 more good player you are behind to start with.

I can handle taking over a reclamation project where the team just didn't work out and other owners didn't do a good job but too much time and work to take over an even bigger reclamation product from the very start of the league.

If somebody quits during or after the season that was there for the stocking and at least has some competitive players to work with let me know and I'll take it over.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

It seems to me that the people who were helping run this league before.....

Ebenezer, R. Rich, Devin, Playa, Me

......are now busy with another league that they are participating in, or running, or busy with some other stuff. It's a shame because if we could have kept these guys and convinced them to help take over the duties that Eb was doing...maybe this league would have survived.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

hey guys..I'm sorry. I have a full time job, teach on the side which requires almost the equivilent of a full time job, married and two kids who are heavily involved in activities...there are only 24 hours in a day after all.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    hey guys..I'm sorry. I have a full time job, teach on the side which requires almost the equivilent of a full time job, married and two kids who are heavily involved in activities...there are only 24 hours in a day after all.
    it's not your fault. If more people were involved with helping out with running the league, maybe it would have survived.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

it's not your fault. If more people were involved with helping out with running the league, maybe it would have survived.
    and maybe if I had reached out a little for help....but with all the people dropping I felt we wouldn't be able to get enough new owners.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    and maybe if I had reached out a little for help....but with all the people dropping I felt we wouldn't be able to get enough new owners.
    you'd be surprised. These leagues are very popular and more people seem to be getting in them. Plus if we were to keep it alive, i bet you would be able to keep a bunch of the people who were leaving.