Thread: "It wouldn't be the Sabres if we didn't do it the hard way."

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

"It wouldn't be the Sabres if we didn't do it the hard way."

Sabres confident they'll bounce back against Senators

By JOHN WAWROW
    AP Sports Writer
    BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - With the Buffalo Sabres facing renewed criticism after their latest sub-par playoff performance, goalie Ryan Miller shrugged his shoulders and offered some perspective.
    "The sky hasn't fallen in yet, has it?" Miller said after practice Friday. "It wouldn't be the Sabres if we didn't do it the hard way."
    For a team whose lone objective when the season began was winning the Stanley Cup, the Sabres sure haven't made things look easy.
    "It's one game," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "I know it's tough. It doesn't sit well with anybody. ... We haven't reacted with a lot of moxie. But we've been able to bounce back."
    The Sabres are accustomed to dealing with adversity. They led the league with 53 regular-season wins despite at one point missing seven players to injuries. And then there was last postseason, when Buffalo overcame the loss of five regulars to come within a win of reaching the Stanley Cup finals.
    "We've risen to a lot of challenges along the way," co-captain Chris Drury said. "I think guys understand what tomorrow means."
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: "It wouldn't be the Sabres if we didn't do it the hard way."

Link?

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    Sabres confident they'll bounce back against Senators

By JOHN WAWROW
    AP Sports Writer
    BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) - With the Buffalo Sabres facing renewed criticism after their latest sub-par playoff performance, goalie Ryan Miller shrugged his shoulders and offered some perspective.
    "The sky hasn't fallen in yet, has it?" Miller said after practice Friday. "It wouldn't be the Sabres if we didn't do it the hard way."
    For a team whose lone objective when the season began was winning the Stanley Cup, the Sabres sure haven't made things look easy.
    "It's one game," Sabres coach Lindy Ruff said. "I know it's tough. It doesn't sit well with anybody. ... We haven't reacted with a lot of moxie. But we've been able to bounce back."
    The Sabres are accustomed to dealing with adversity. They led the league with 53 regular-season wins despite at one point missing seven players to injuries. And then there was last postseason, when Buffalo overcame the loss of five regulars to come within a win of reaching the Stanley Cup finals.
    "We've risen to a lot of challenges along the way," co-captain Chris Drury said. "I think guys understand what tomorrow means."
    Ottawa must suffer as well. A win just isnt enough, I want payback.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey82
    Link?
    I got it off AP wire at work, sorry

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Philagape
    I got it off AP wire at work, sorry
    no prob.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

http://www.thehockeynews.com/en/news...p?xml=h051118A

Daniel Briere said Friday he's not hurt. He was talking about his health, not his pride.

His ice time reduced to 15:33 in a 5-2 Game 1 loss to the Ottawa Senators in the Eastern Conference final on Thursday night, some people wonder whether the Buffalo Sabres star centre is hiding an injury.

"Good," he said when asked about his health, although he added the kicker that if he was hurt, he wouldn't tell the media.

Television cameras caught him flexing his hand on the bench but this being the playoffs, one never knows the truth until it's over. He did say he didn't sleep very well Thursday night.

"Last night was one of those games where I barely touched the puck," Briere said. ". . . I'm not happy with my game but have to move on."

He did his best to hide his disappointment in not playing a whole lot in Game 1.

"That's not for me to decide," said Briere, who understood that head coach Lindy Ruff was trying to match Chris Drury's line with Jason Spezza's line.

"So sometimes it's tough as a coach to get everybody happy," Briere added. "I'm not going to complain about it . . . I'm 100 per cent behind (Ruff)."

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Power to Give Rep

The Sabres played better hockey when they were missing those 7 players...They were hungrier and more desperate.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

hmmm....anyone else think that Briere is hurt? He hasn't been his self in the playoffs and really looked bad last night. Has he missed any practice?

clumping platelets

His ice time is down..........awww..........poor Danny boy...........start producing when on the ice