Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BZFL Officially Dissolved

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: BZFL Officially Dissolved

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog
    Ummm... ask Eb "Hey- if you are quitting- what do I need to do to be commish?"

That's just me though. I take the direct approach

nobody saw him quitting.all we saw were a bunch of polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    nobody saw him quitting.all we saw were a bunch of polls.
    He's quitting now!

Step up, *****!

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's quitting now!

Step up, *****!

no thanks.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

thanks for the support Dozer.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

He's quitting now!

Step up, *****!
    This whole situation reminds me of our great nation where people have the right to argue about every which way the government does things but nobody ever wants to step up to the plate to change anything. The only thing that seems to bring people together anymore is a tragedy of some sort but even that is only ends up being temporary state.

Everybody complains about wasting their time when a certain cause or thing falls through but forgets about that little thing that we have called free will. Maybe next time before we invest our time into something we should all call Ms. Cleo for the outcome or find where Jesus runs a sim league so everything can go down perfect. Or maybe... just maybe, we could go into things ready to "expect the best, plan for the worst, and prepare to be surprised." and enjoy the ride for what it's worth.

But hey, at least we all voted.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Sorry, I watched 'Bobby' a couple nights ago and I still have some emotional leftovers to get off my chest.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ummm... ask Eb "Hey- if you are quitting- what do I need to do to be commish?"

That's just me though. I take the direct approach
    Uh, Dozer, I attempted to take the direct approach. Several times.

Franklin and I had NUMEROUS discussions 'bout someone taking over, since I informed him that there were other owners (myself included) who owned the game and would fill in. He could've either turned more responsibility over to us or stepped down. He chose to do neither.

No big deal. If we're done, we had a good 2 year run and I know that even though my team reeked, I had a blast and learned a lot. If the league can be saved, I'd be up for it. It will be tough for me to step in as commissioner now, since I'm involved in running two other leagues.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

if eb can give me the last spreadsheet he had I may have some time come later in mid june early july to pick things up if you guys want to keep this going, but since I am moving this week the next month I really dont have the time and would like a couple other people to help out

just let me know 1.) if Eb can get me the last spreadsheet I sent him and 2.) if there is enough interest in continuing lbut at a later date and 3>) if Ican get 2 other owners dedicated to help

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm willing to keep the league going but we would have to do a count on how many owners would be willing to come back.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I dont understand whats going on here. Is the league done or what!!!!!!!!

I know ebenezer if you can't do it I UNDERSTAND.....YES I am mad becasue I wasted vacation days and alot of valubale time on this. When I joined I planned on being in this for a while or I wouldnt have done the things that I did in drafts or trades....BASICALLY all I DID was a big waste of time....Sorry to put it that way but it is and I know it is like that for many of you........TRUST me I know what it takes to have a league and put your time into it.....Thats why Im not commisioner.....

To be honest we have the league or we don't!!! Lets just put it behind us now and move on!!!!! If the league is still going on...IM IN...IF not I guess Im not in.....

Lets just hope the SABRES WIN TONITE!!!!!!
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    I'm willing to keep the league going but we would have to do a count on how many owners would be willing to come back.
    I would be willing to stick around and help in some capacity but I really am not available till mid June early July until I get moved and get settled in and handdle a few other obligations

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I really think that the league ending is unfair to pin on Eb, in reality the participation in this league is minimal and that is what has drawn owners away, jus tshowing up to see results makes the league kinda boring and to many pointless.

That is not Eb's fault, everyone had the oppurtunity to participate more, post more and make the league more interesting with rivarlies etc.

Sportsuser and I really dont hate eachother we just figured we where natural rivals since we had 2 of the stronger teams and had a public feud to kinda liven things up.

But all in all, being involved in other leagues the owners make the league not the commissioner and the other leagues I am involved in tehre is more owner participation than in this league and really in my opinion and coming from the position of someone who saved and ran this league last year by standing up, its unfair to blame EB for its demise, I tried bringing up threads last year to encourage participation and posting in this league with little to no results.

Though the unfortunate events of EB having a life and little time to devote to the massive opertaion of the leagu led to his decision really until now there has been very little evidence that anyone really cared and really maybe 3 or 4 owners have chimed in with a distaste of the decision.

That still shows that about 75 % of the league doesnt care and if thats the case which I percieved last year while running the league better to just let it die, if yo uare looking for a new league to particpate in go to the DK sports website and in there forums there are leagues who need teams all the time

hate me if you want for this post but I have to call it as I see it and this league really died mid way through last season if not sooner

Offical Billszone Starting QB ryjam282's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I have to agree with everyone else as this is a big disappointment. I had such wonderful rookie drafts and plenty of money to deal with this year. My team was progressing beautifully. All the countless hours spent looking at spreadsheets, researching on the internet and things like that are all gone.

I would love to be the Commish but I just don't have the time to do it. A big reason I enjoyed it so much was all the work Eb did to keep it going. Maybe we can all chip in with certain areas to help keep the league functioning? Is that even possible?? I would hate to see the team I have built be completely disbanded. Let's work something out??

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ok, I am willing to get this league up and running again, i have all of the software and have a lot time dedication.