Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BZFL Officially Dissolved

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Unhappy BZFL Officially Dissolved

It is with great sadness that I have decided to dissolve the league. We are losing owners and I just can't find the time to do the necessary work. Hopefully in the future we can resurrect and start all over again.

Thanks for your patience and participation. I hope guys had fun.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: BZFL Officially Dissolved

'Tis a sad, sad day.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Good luck everyone.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Next season our league will be expanding if anyone has the desire.

http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php
    Last edited by Devin; 05-11-2007 at 06:44 PM.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

well I am happy to go out as the Champ and with a perfect record to boot, thanks for the memories

Thanks
    Thanked 1,875 Times in 911 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm very sorry to hear it, but I certainly understand.
    "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Angry Re: BZFL Officially Dissolved

that blows........
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Damn it. That really sucks.

If we do decide to start a new league again, I am in.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Ebenezer
    It is with great sadness that I have decided to dissolve the league. We are losing owners and I just can't find the time to do the necessary work. Hopefully in the future we can resurrect and start all over again.

Thanks for your patience and participation. I hope guys had fun.

Im so glad that I WASTED my time on preparing for the future in this league....I understand people are busy....BUT it was a waste of my time now and a BIG mistake even signing up.....
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Seeing I wasn't around when you all started a league before, I was unable to get in...If you all decide to start up another, I'm definitely down.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Well this stinks! I hate putting all this time and effort and all the sudden its gone. Oh well I guess.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

In addition to the league Devlin, Playa and I run (see Devlin's post), I run another league over on Two Bills Drive. We are currently in the process of doing our initial FA (stocking) draft. There have been a few teams that have dropped out, so I could use a couple owners to step in.

For details, check out the following link: http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showforum=52

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

When first asked about joining this league I thought long and hard about whether I wanted to dedicate the time that it would take with all the drafting.

I decided to and went all out for it. I would get home at 8am and make my first pick in the morning. I would get back up at 2pm or so to make sure I had enough time to examine my next pick or trade the pick by 3pm. I did this for about 2 months(along with everybody else)

I even took some vacation days from work so I wouldn't have to fight sleep for it. Was even going to plan on taking a couple days off this year so I could devote my full attention to it.

I had a great FA draft. Had a pretty good rookie draft. Made some great trades with players I picked up in the FA class to replace players with equal talent that was a higher priced. I built myself up 12 total draft picks along with 6 of them in the first 68 picks and 4 out of the first 48. Was planning on a great draft with all my starters on my team between the ages of 24-27. Took over a crappy team and within one year already had a highly competitive roster going into this year with tons of high draft picks to totally set my team for the future.

All that and now the league ends. What a wasted effort and time that was.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I wish I would have known about Rich's new league starting up. I would like to join but all the good players are already gone now. They are in Round 20 already.

I don't want to devote hours upon hours to a new team when I'm already way behing the 8-Ball. From where they are at now it would take years to even have a chance to try and catch up with them after you already have the Top 500 players in the NFL already gone.

Thanks for ruining a sim league I tried out for the first time in and exceled like crazy at to the point where I loved it because I was good and couldn't wait for the season to start or join up in another new league or even a team that was already built in the stocking draft and had some talent I could work with.

Joining up now would leave you with a bunch of 2nd rate starters and backups. It wouldn't be worth the time. I built my team up in 1 year with at least some players to work with from the start. It would be at least a 3 year task to even catch up to being respectable now.

No matter how many draft picks you had they would have them too and you would've lost out on the Top 20 players you could have built for your team. Basically your entire starting lineup. You would be left with nothing but backups.

If you had doubts about starting this league again and knowing you probably was not going to have it again you should have let all of us know so we could have looked for other plans.

Rich if you're reading this...If any teams drop out through the season or after the stocking draft that was there from the begining that would leave me with some players to work with let me know and I will take over the team.

A great FA class with Phillip Rivers, Javon Walker(which allowed me to trade Chad Johnson for a 1st and 3rd round pick), Scott Wells and many others along with a rookie class with Kiwi, DaBrick, another good Guard from Tampa and other good players and time down the drain. I set myself up with a team full of young already and/or rising stars for dirt cheap in 1 year and a hell of a rookie draft to come all for nothing. Now I'm shut out from starting up another league from brand new. Thanks for nothing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'm very upset about this too. It took so much time and effort to do and my team wasn't that great...but it was fun to do and it was something i put together myself with my own time. I understand that Ebenezer wants to fold the league because he just got busy with a lot of stuff with life and work and all that....but what i don't understand is why we can't find some way to convince some of the people who are running their own leagues anyways, even though they were already on here in the first place can't help us keep this alive and maybe help it flourish again. I will donate my time to help the draft flow and help with some other things. I know that by reading the posts here...many people are upset and i feel the same way...but maybe between all us dedicated people, we can find some way to lighten Eb's load so he doesn't have to do it all alone.

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

You guys are all scared for the rise of the Golden Brewsers was in the works.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I see a lot of guys complaining about the time invested.

Anybody want to take over as commissioner? That would solve everyrthing.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog

Don't really think thats the point......

But I do know what you are talking about, If I was going to start a league like this I would make sure I had people there to run it as well......So 1 guy didnt have to tke on all of the league....

I will be honest I dont have time at all, I didnt even have time for the drafting and yes I WASTED time off as well just like the other person that posted, WHAT a waste of a day off........I should have known something like this would happen......OH WELL TIME WASTED....

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Dozerdog

how the hell do you take over as Commissioner when you haven't had an updated sheet in over a year?

In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.
    Administrator Emeritus
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by SABURZFAN
    how the hell do you take over as Commissioner when you haven't had an updated sheet in over a year?
    Ummm... ask Eb "Hey- if you are quitting- what do I need to do to be commish?"

That's just me though. I take the direct approach