View Poll Results: Keep the league going?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 75.00%
  • No

4 25.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to keep the BZFL running?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Who wants to keep the BZFL running?

OK, there has been enough heartburn that it appears that there is a core that wants to keep this league going. Let's here from you. With the right type of cooperation and participation and patience we can get this done.

Who's in?

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,155 Times in 770 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Who wants to keep the BZFL running?

I would love to keep it running. I understand one person can't do all the work. The 2 or 3 guys that left here though and went to start up another league we could have used here and just kept this one alive. That is what I don't understand.

If you are willing to devote the time why would you go start up another league instead of just keeping the one that we already spent two years working on alive? That is what gets me.

Maybe they had a bad team and knew there was no chance of catching up and figured a new league might return better results. If you have some impact players to start with you can build the rest with good smart moves.

I had nothing bunk junk on my team outside of about 8 players or so. In 1 year I built my team up from scratch and there were only about 10-15 players that I was not going to keep. After the great draft picks I had going into this year my team would have been just about set and filled with nothing but young guys with good talent and ratings. Some of the positons I did not have crap at before was all of a sudden going to be a huge strength with depth also. On defense I would have only had 1 starter rated a 6 and the rest higher because of my good moves. I even had depth players rated good. I only planned on having a couple players over the age of 28 on my team after this year. I was definitely one of the top favorites for the title going into this year. If not this year then next year would have definitely been my year for a great run and with my young loaded team with a good salary cap outlook for the future I would have had a dynasty.

You can rebuild a team with the few key players. I just don't understand why 2 or 3 people left this league and started up another one from scratch if they were obviously willing to pitch in and devote the time to this one that was already going for two years. Starting one up from scratch even takes more time to devote to the game when the most time consuming part is the initial stocking draft.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would love to see it going and will help out with what I can (I don't own the game, but can help run drafts or do other things.)

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would love to see the league keep going!!

But honestly I don't know if we will have enough to keep it going. Now that we have been talking about getting rid of the league..
    GO Gators!!!!!!
    GO GATORS!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,505 Times in 2,675 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

If we can get enough people back and some better owners on a couple teams...

I'd be willing to help out with the management of the league. I don't have a ton of time, but if there were 3-4 good GM's working together then i can afford some time to help out.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Another thing....

there can be NO MORE accusations about the simming of games. I want a rules instated that anyone who alludes to this, or makes this accusation will be fined 2 mill against their cap for 1st offence, 10 mill for their second and expulsion for the 3rd. THis is meant to be FUN, but making those sorts of accusations is a major insult to the people who are putting their time in to make it enjoyable and should NOT happen.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh!
    Another thing....

there can be NO MORE accusations about the simming of games. I want a rules instated that anyone who alludes to this, or makes this accusation will be fined 2 mill against their cap for 1st offence, 10 mill for their second and expulsion for the 3rd. THis is meant to be FUN, but making those sorts of accusations is a major insult to the people who are putting their time in to make it enjoyable and should NOT happen.
    Good post!

Without me it's just Awe so The King's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,748 Times in 1,830 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

To be honest at this point I would just say hell with it and try to use a more understood program I would even suggest simming a Madden league the same way we did this one. Its stupid to try and rebuild with 8 owners who are interested. Not too mention we could have a little computer competition in a Madden league as well.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would like to keep the league going as well.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick

short bus extraordinaire SABURZFAN's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Question Re: Who wants to keep the BZFL running?

yes i want to keep it going but is this another BS procrastinating poll thread to keep drag this thing out?
    Quote Originally Posted by yordad
    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm down to take over for a team if necessary...I'm a huge fantasy baseball and football nut.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I'd love to keep going as long as we get more people involved to help out Eb. I'd be willing to help with the technical side of things like help setting up the website and such.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by madness
    I'd love to keep going as long as we get more people involved to help out Eb. I'd be willing to help with the technical side of things like help setting up the website and such.
    I totally agree.

Registered User Forward_Lateral's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 8,009 Times in 4,235 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I just recently bought the game, I might be willing to help out, but the game is like a foreign language.

There's no way I'd consider participating in this league unless there were at least 3 people running it, and 20 teams that are active.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

considering this poll was put up 2 days ago and only 8 people have voted yes, I think that says it all. if 16-18 owners had voted yes I would have done what I could next month to pick things up but honestly its not worth it with less than 75 % of the league not caring or not being involved so it was a great run but I am gonna vote no

Good luck if you do pick it up again

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I would possibly be interested in running a team if you are short. I guess it would depend on what is required.
    You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. Playa
    considering this poll was put up 2 days ago and only 8 people have voted yes, I think that says it all. if 16-18 owners had voted yes I would have done what I could next month to pick things up but honestly its not worth it with less than 75 % of the league not caring or not being involved so it was a great run but I am gonna vote no

Good luck if you do pick it up again
    Enough with the defeatist attitude.

We eliminate the MIA owners and find a few new ones... we already have 2 volunteers, and we just make sure that anyone we bring in is a regular to the board. no passing through people.

we can end up with 20 teams no problem if we recruit a few ppl on top of the ones we have.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian'eh!
    Enough with the defeatist attitude.

We eliminate the MIA owners and find a few new ones... we already have 2 volunteers, and we just make sure that anyone we bring in is a regular to the board. no passing through people.

we can end up with 20 teams no problem if we recruit a few ppl on top of the ones we have.
    Not a defeatist attitude you dont know what it takes to run a league and teh frustration tracking guys down, consider me out and whoever wants the most talented team in league is welcome to it if you pick it up

Registered User chernobylwraiths's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

This seems very involved. Plus, if there are a bunch of people who are leaving, it would probably make more sense to just redraft from scratch. But, if I'm not mistaken, this is a league where you literally have to draft an entire team with backups, not just skill positions. That would be too difficult for me to do since I am not up to knowing offensive lilnemen past the really top level ones. I would like to get involved in a fantasy league here though since my money league I think has come to an end after about 15 years.

Registered User lightningbolt444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

id love to own a team in the league