• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

DT Kris Jenkins - Interesting

From Chris Brown

DT JENKINS TRADE?: Carolina Panthers DT Kris Jenkins' agent is still pushing to get his client traded. The Panthers were trying to move him before the draft, but wanted a first round pick for the former Pro Bowl DT. You won't be shocked to know his agent is Drew Rosenhaus. The Bills certainly have a need at the nose tackle spot, and Jenkins is the best available option out there right now.
    You've got to imagine that the Panthers asking price would come down, especially for a DT that only played in five games in 2004 and 2005 after two consecutive knee injuries. He did play in all 16 games last season. The Panthers have a log jam at DT so Jenkins is expendable.
    The injury history is a concern no question as are the reports that he's overweight. He has three years left on his contract and is making good money. He's set to earn $3.2M in base salary this year.
    It would be a big investment and a team would have to likely give up something substantial to get him. But he doesn't turn 28 until August. I think it's worth investigating further.

Just speculation but I don't know if we could fit him under our self imposed cash to cap limit. The need is obvious and we do have that extra 3rd rounder next year. Hmmm..

Salary dumps would be needed. Anderson and Peerless would be a good start.

Why not try ?
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • casdhf
    • Jul 2002

Re: DT Kris Jenkins - Interesting

Only if they'll take Tim Anderson for him.
    Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
    cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
      From Chris Brown

DT JENKINS TRADE?: Carolina Panthers DT Kris Jenkins' agent is still pushing to get his client traded. The Panthers were trying to move him before the draft, but wanted a first round pick for the former Pro Bowl DT. You won't be shocked to know his agent is Drew Rosenhaus. The Bills certainly have a need at the nose tackle spot, and Jenkins is the best available option out there right now.
      You've got to imagine that the Panthers asking price would come down, especially for a DT that only played in five games in 2004 and 2005 after two consecutive knee injuries. He did play in all 16 games last season. The Panthers have a log jam at DT so Jenkins is expendable.
      The injury history is a concern no question as are the reports that he's overweight. He has three years left on his contract and is making good money. He's set to earn $3.2M in base salary this year.
      It would be a big investment and a team would have to likely give up something substantial to get him. But he doesn't turn 28 until August. I think it's worth investigating further.

Just speculation but I don't know if we could fit him under our self imposed cash to cap limit. The need is obvious and we do have that extra 3rd rounder next year. Hmmm..

Salary dumps would be needed. Anderson and Peerless would be a good start.

Why not try ?
      Why salary dumps? We have the cap room. Get rid of Anderson anyways.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Trade them Tim Anderson and our extra 3rd for him, when healthy the guy is top 5 DT in the league, he is only gonna be 28 and it would shore up the middle against the run
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
          Administrator
          • Jul 2002

I would be interested to know the cost, but I cant see them taking less than a 2nd
          COMING SOON...
          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Chris23
            In Marv We Trust
            • May 2007

Won't Happen

Comment

• dannyek71
              Drink Responsibly
              • Dec 2004

We need our draft picks. And the guy is often injured.
              [

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71

He played all 16 games last year and never really got nicked up, his injuries dont appear to be cronic. And if we draft like we did this past season, Id rather move the picks. Not saying they are busts, just saying I dont like what I saw from them in college.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                  He played all 16 games last year and never really got nicked up, his injuries dont appear to be cronic. And if we draft like we did this past season, Id rather move the picks. Not saying they are busts, just saying I dont like what I saw from them in college.
                  Riiiiight, and you wanted Brandon Siler.

Comment

• eyedog
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
                    Well we just drafted a d-tackle last year who is often injured.

Comment

• BidsJr
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HAMMER
                      LOL
                      "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• bernielivsey_1
                        • Jul 2003

As long as we do something to improve on the DT's we already have. I want a star not a hard worker.
                        In Marv We Trust
                        The Past Is Now The Future

Comment

• eyedog
                          • Jul 2002

I would trade the extra 3rd next year as long as Jenkins doesn't want more money and/or a contract extension.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                            Too sober for this...
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by HAMMER
                            Not that DB needs defending, but perhaps we should wait a bit before seeing if this is justified or not. A few years ago, I was adamant about drafting Jason Peters in the 3rd. He went undrafted much to my dismay and shock...but look at what he's become since.

Comment

• Elminster
                              #1 Kelsay Fan
                              • Oct 2006

Meh. Giving up a draft pick for some one who "can" play like a Pro-Bowler? I'm sorry, if he "can" play like a Pro Bowler and doesn't, that tells me that he is one of the following:
                              1)Out of shape
                              2)Injury-prone
                              3)Lazy
                              4)Not actually pro-bowl calibre (anymore)
                              Sorry, doesn't excite me...
                              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

Working...
                              X