Marv on Sirrius, say DiGorgio could beat out Poz for MLB!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: Marv on Sirrius, say DiGorgio could beat out Poz for MLB!!!

Originally posted by ublinkwescore
    How do you know he's not capable of having a really great season? You don't -
    you'll just have to trust him.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Dude, shut up already - if DiGiorgio ends up being one of our best three linebackers, what makes that so scary? How do you know he's not capable of having a really great season? You don't - unfortunately, you will find anything to whine about.

As far as I'm concerned, this is more than likely really, REALLY good news - how do we know that this isn't a case of Posluszny (sp?) showing the coaching staff that he will be very capable of manning a different LB spot, and that Digiorgio may be very well suited for the MLB spot?
      I keep hearing about how Fletch and Spikes were so limited last year- well if that was the case, why was Digiorgio on the bench? Why was he no higher than 5th on the depth chart behind Crowell and Ellison as well?

How do you know this isn't a case of Ellison completely sucking it up to the point where DiGiorgio looks better?

Can you just imagine what we would be saying to FTP if the Dolphins were in this situation and he was bragging about how DiGiorgio was doing?

Oh, and whatever happened to not judging players in OTA's/minicamp because there are no pads? I guess when a player gets lit up in mini-camp, they'll be better in pads, but when a player does well in mini-camp, then it's perfectly acceptable to evaluate them.

I seriously can't believe you're not concerned with the prospect of John ****ing DiGiorgio being one fo our 3 best LB's.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• M
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
        I didn't recall where Marv said that if they moved him over that he was going to start.
        Oops, my bad. I was just inferring from your original post. I'll just shut up now.
        Let's Go Bills ... B B B B B B Bills!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
          I keep hearing about how Fletch and Spikes were so limited last year- well if that was the case, why was Digiorgio on the bench? Why was he no higher than 5th on the depth chart behind Crowell and Ellison as well?
          JP was pretty far down the depth chart at one point too, opiv.

Comment

• patmoran2006
            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
            • Dec 2005

I will say one thing.

If this was Miami or another rival, and it was a no-name Undrafted Wr that Cameron said may start ahead of Ted Ginn this year, you guys would be losing your minds making fun of fins fans.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
              JP was pretty far down the depth chart at one point too, opiv.
              yeah, and we paid the price in the W-L column while he learned.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

We had an extra 1st day pick because of the Mcgahee trade, it was a bonus.

Comment

• blotsfan
                  • Apr 2007

Im pretty sure Poz played well in College as a MLB and OLB so there is no problem.
                  Without hope there is nothing to live for (you can tell I'm a Buffalo guy)

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                    I will say one thing.

If this was Miami or another rival, and it was a no-name Undrafted Wr that Cameron said may start ahead of Ted Ginn this year, you guys would be losing your minds making fun of fins fans.
                    2nd Year UDFA's starting for us over day 1 draft picks are "diamonds in the rough." 2nd year UDFA's starting on the Dolphins would be hilarious.

What's wrong with that?
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
                      We had an extra 1st day pick because of the Mcgahee trade, it was a bonus.
                      sorry but that's terrible logic. If you're going to buy a car that costs $25,000 and you win $50,000 in the lottery, would you then pay $75,000 for the exact same car because that money was a "bonus"?

You still need to get value for draft picks to win.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                        • Mar 2005

As far as I'm concerned, this is more than likely really, REALLY good news - how do we know that this isn't a case of Posluszny (sp?) showing the coaching staff that he will be very capable of manning a different LB spot, and that Digiorgio may be very well suited for the MLB spot?
                        In fairness, Marv flat out said that they wanted Poz at MLB but DiGorgio had impressed there with the first unit.

It's not like he said "Poz looks great on the strong or weak side." He also said that "Poz was brought in to fill the spot vacated by London Fletcher at MLB."

Comment

• patmoran2006
                          Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                          • Dec 2005

We drafted POZ to be our middle linebacker, plain and simple.

If he DOESNT start at MLB. Its because he wasnt good enough to play there.

He was our MLB when drafted, even our staff said that.. What has changed besides the fact maybe he's getting outplayed by DiGorgio right now?

Comment

• The Spaz
                            • Mar 2003

sorry but that's terrible logic. If you're going to buy a car that costs $25,000 and you win $50,000 in the lottery, would you then pay $75,000 for the exact same car because that money was a "bonus"?

You still need to get value for draft picks to win.
                            If the car was rated in the 1st round yes...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

[quote=HHURRICANE]In fairness, Marv flat out said that they wanted Poz at MLB but DiGorgio had impressed there with the first unit.

It's not like he said "Poz looks great on the strong or weak side." He also said that "Poz was brought in to fill the spot vacated by London Fletcher at MLB."[/quote]
                              Absolutely.

Either POZ is the man in the middle and the LEADER of this defense, or it was a terrible trade to move and get him.

Im' not getting into it too much right now, because I cannot even FATHOM POZ not being the man in the middle.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                                • Jan 2004

yeah, and we paid the price in the W-L column while he learned.
                                i like to chalk that one up as donahoe-mularkey-gilbride-nooffensivelineinadecade-itis

Comment

Working...
                                X