Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow, where did Miami become improved on offense?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Wow, where did Miami become improved on offense?

Quote Originally Posted by thecoordinator
    you're right. the only team in the nfl that ever has rookies come in and make their team better is the bills.

your 2nd round pick is gonna make you better at LB but our 2nd round pick isn't gonna make us better on the o line? how does that work?

players aside, though, you wanna know how miami became a better offense? mike mularkey is no longer running it. that's how.
    Obviously you don't read my posts because you would know that I don't think Poz will be an immediate impact for this team.

On the MM comment you are 100% right and I didn't take that into consideration so you get kudos from me on that one!!

I am definately missing MM as your coordinator.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by thecoordinator
    you're right. the only team in the nfl that ever has rookies come in and make their team better is the bills.

your 2nd round pick is gonna make you better at LB but our 2nd round pick isn't gonna make us better on the o line? how does that work?

players aside, though, you wanna know how miami became a better offense? mike mularkey is no longer running it. that's how.
    Good post, and good points. ESPECIALLY about the 2nd round draft picks.

Having said that, I think Buffalo is better than Miami this year if for no other reason that Miami is basically starting over.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    Didn't the Jets start a rookie C, LT and have a rookie HC last year with a QB coming off an injury? And how'd they do??
    I have seen the Jets comparison at nauseum. The Jets were returing a maturer team and D'Brick was a little better bet than Satele will be.

LJ Shelton and 2 rookies should scare you enough.

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    I think you guys are underestimating Green and Brown's games. Ronnie Brown started really slow last year but the came on towards the end of the season. The Oline is also not as changed as you make it out to be. Moving players around is one thing, but adding new players is completely different. I have little doubt that Carey will do well at LT (similar to Peters move from RT to LT that was pretty seamless). The rookie OC will need to prove himself, but every other part of that line has shown good ability.
    Personally, I like Green. The jury is still out on Brown. But one thing is clear in my book. For either of them to do anything will mean that the Oline can allow them to - and right now, I just don't see that...

Too sober for this... mysticsoto's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,210 Times in 2,111 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

How do you consider the Bills 28th overall Offense with no key injuries, better then Miami's 20th overall offense, with their backup QB who was with the team all of 6 months and had very few snaps with the first team in camp? I mean seriously, you consider the Bills offense better, but Miami gave up less sacks with Oline injuries then a healthy Bills Oline. Miami has a new HC/OC yes, but they also have plenty of experience in the coaching staff with HC experience in Dom Capers.

Cam won't have anything to do with the Defense that will be Doms job so all Cam has to do is what he's been doing for the last few years, coach the offense. You also act as if changing HC is a guarantee a teams will not succeed. I think thats been proven wrong many times over. New HC's and schemes can be very successful in their first year. To be honest I think the reason the Dolphins are better on offense is because the only thing Miami has been missing to succeed on offense has been playcalling. Maimi has been way to conservative over the past 8 years, we have always played things close to the vest and let our Defense win games.

The one year we had Scott Linehan we opened up the offense and we won our last six games. Chris Chambers made the probowl and Miami had some balance. Cam is the same verticle open things up kinda coach. Maimi will stretch the field vertically that will open up the rushing lanes and Miami will have more options. All Miami needs is a top 15 offense to make the playoffs, if we can finish 20th overall with what we had last year there is no reason we can't imporve 5 spots with what we have now.
    The problem with stretching the field vertically, is that you need a good Oline to hold while the play develops. Right now, I don't see your Oline being able to do that. With a real Oline, your team will be alot better though...although I guess you could say that about any team...

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006
    Good post, and good points. ESPECIALLY about the 2nd round draft picks.

Having said that, I think Buffalo is better than Miami this year if for no other reason that Miami is basically starting over.
    We are?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,053 Times in 3,541 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I have no idea how people think the Dols will be better on offense. When you lose your top-2 receivers from the year before, have a re-shuffled O-line that wasn't that good to begin with, add an aging QB whose better days are behind him, and have a new offensive scheme, it's NOT a recipe for instant success.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We are?
    Yes, you won 6 games last year. You do realize that?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    I have seen the Jets comparison at nauseum. The Jets were returing a maturer team and D'Brick was a little better bet than Satele will be.

LJ Shelton and 2 rookies should scare you enough.

1) Miami has a mature Defense, and you use that as an excuse for Miami falling off on Defense, but it's a plus for the Jets....sure!

2)How do you know D'Brick is a little better bet?

3) LJ Shelton played very well for us last year, he will be the RT not LT seems to me you are hoping it's a problem more then anything.

Everything you've posted is pure speculation, no different then your opinion of the Bills offense going into 07.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,857 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by patmoran2006

I think Miami will have a better year than Buffalo just because Miami will have the better defense.

As of right now both of their offense's are not very good.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

1)
    2)How do you know D'Brick is a little better bet?
    Maybe because he was the 4th overall pick? Usually you expect the 4th overall pick to start?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Maybe because he was the 4th overall pick? Usually you expect the 4th overall pick to start?
    That's a stupid argument, just let them play before you try to predict what will be.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Yes, you won 6 games last year. You do realize that?
    With Joey Harrington and MM.....Yes I do, you do realize Joey is no longer in Miami and MM is the TE coach, don't you?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

The Fins spent their first 4 draft picks on Offense with Ginn/Booker/Satele all expected to contribute year 1 and they hired the Offensive coordinator from the team with the #1 Offense in the league despite starting a first year QB and below average recievers and churned out the MVP of the league L.T....Im certainly not going to say its a sure fire bet the O gets better but I think you can agree it COULD get better or obviously if the O- Line takes a huge dump it could get worse..but to act like there is NO reason to be optomistic for the Phins O sounds like wishfull Bills fan thinking to me.
    Last edited by Dolphanzeke; 06-20-2007 at 12:32 PM.

Roways rooking ahread! Mitchy moo's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

With Joey Harrington and MM.....Yes I do, you do realize Joey is no longer in Miami and MM is the TE coach, don't you?
    You also had no O-line and are returning an even worse patchwork group this year, with a brand new coaching staff and a new system. Do you expect their talent to improve on the O-line on it's own or because they have no experience under the new system?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Skooby
    You also had no O-line and are returning an even worse patchwork group this year, with a brand new coaching staff and a new system. Do you expect their talent to improve on the O-line on it's own or because they have no experience under the new system?

Ummm and your Oline did what last year? Their performance last year doesn't seem to hinder your enthusiasm this year! As far as experience under the new system, it's similar to what we did in 05 under Scott Linehan, so they have some experience in what Cam wants to do.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Ummm and your Oline did what last year? Their performance last year doesn't seem to hinder your enthusiasm this year! As far as experience under the new system, it's similar to what we did in 05 under Scott Linehan, so they have some experience in what Cam wants to do.
    Dude, I have gone through the O-line improvements in detail, since our bye, and the improvements that we have made through FA, etc. more than once with you.

You act like it's never been discussed. You know our line is better so deal with it or explain, in detail why it isn't.

Heck, you don't even know who your starting line is yet.

Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE patmoran2006's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

We are?
    Do you not have a new head coach and many new other coaches?

Do you not have a brand new QB?

Do you even know who your starting OL is going to be?

Is your coach not going to implement a new offense to learn?

That's not starting over? You are naive if you think otherwise.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,254 Times in 6,469 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Comparing the Jets to the Dolphins is laughable.

The Jets 3 seasons ago were a playoff team that was a KICKER away from advancing in the playoffs. Which is why they drafted Nugent. Then 2 years ago they sucked because they lost their QB. Most teams will suck when they lose their QB. Then last year they were healthy so they were good again. It's not hard to see that coming or happening when you factor everything in.

Miami is a completely different team now than they were even last season, let alone a few seasons ago. So how anyone can compare them is beyond me.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Dude, I have gone through the O-line improvements in detail, since our bye, and the improvements that we have made through FA, etc. more than once with you.

You act like it's never been discussed. You know our line is better so deal with it or explain, in detail why it isn't.

Heck, you don't even know who your starting line is yet.
    Dude Miami's Oline also imporved and I don't care how you spin it, you had the 27th best rushing attack and 28th best passing attack. You also only beat one team with a winning record last year, those are a direct result of the Bills Oline and QB play considering they finished 30th overall last year on offense last year that's what they are.

So please tell me why I think the Dolphins Oline that lead the 13th best passing game and 23 best rushing game gave up 7 less sacks behgind Joey Harrington and MM is worse then Buffalos? You're in denial, the Dolphins Oline and the Bills Oline both have to prove themselves, but there is no chance in hell the Bills Oline is better then Miami's.