Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wow, where did Miami become improved on offense?

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Wow, where did Miami become improved on offense?

I think it's way too early to bash any team, including the phins, but why is Miami going to be much improved when realistically they are in the midst of rebuilding?

How does the fact that no player on the O-line will be returning to their previous position not impact the play of the offense?

Vernon Carey is moving from RT to LT, LJ Shelton is moving to RT, Hadnof is moving to RG. You are going with a rookie at center in Satele and are threatening to start another rookie at LG. What am I missing here?

Add the fact that you have a new coaching staff, new QB, new skill players, and few players returning, how are you better?

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Thanked 6,857 Times in 4,335 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Re: Wow, where did Miami become improved on offense?

Because they got Green.

Doesn't matter. They still will have the 4th best offense in the AFC East. Only thing they have going for them is that they have a aging good defense that should keep them in some games this year.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

This is not a Miami bashing thread!!!! I read two threads today saying "playoffs" and "good offense" and I want to know how and why.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I can't wait to pound the minnows again this year. It is gonna be ugly for them, billieve me! I don't see them winning more than six games, that's if they're lucky. Miami sucks.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    This is not a Miami bashing thread!!!! I read two threads today saying "playoffs" and "good offense" and I want to know how and why.
    I didn't bash Miami.

No playoff's, no good offense.

No playoff's because their offense is not very good.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,404 Times in 14,132 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

The playoffs thread was what Cam Cameron said, and I think Miami does have a good offense, they got three key peices in place in Brown, Green, and Chambers, if the Oline shapes up and a 2nd receiving threat emerges they will challgenge the Jets for 2nd best in the division.
    COMING SOON...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 11,436 Times in 7,061 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I'm not saying they are going to be good but I wouldn't take anyone lightly . See the jets from last year.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,436 Times in 7,061 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    The playoffs thread was what Cam Cameron said, and I think Miami does have a good offense, they got three key peices in place in Brown, Green, and Chambers, if the Oline shapes up and a 2nd receiving threat emerges they will challgenge the Jets for 2nd best in the division.
    a lot of if's have to happen just like the if's of the bills were to happen, there would be a 3 way dogfight for 2nd place in the AFCE.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by DraftBoy
    The playoffs thread was what Cam Cameron said, and I think Miami does have a good offense, they got three key peices in place in Brown, Green, and Chambers
    I think you are giving their offense too muh credit. Ronnie Brown hasn't done anything special in the NFL, Green is old and coming to a new team which doesn't work out very often for QBs, and Chambers has only had 1 out of 6 season with over 1000 yards. And that's the season he got 200+ yards on the Bills in 1 game.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by TacklingDummy
    Because they got Green.

Doesn't matter. They still will have the 4th best offense in the AFC East. Only thing they have going for them is that they have a aging good defense that should keep them in some games this year.
    Yes, it seems like Trent green all of a sudden made them a contender. Trent Green, on a mature team, would be a solid addition. I think sticking him behind that line with Ronnie Brown is going to be a struggle. We watched Drew Bledsoe struggle mightily in the same situation with a better RB in Travis Henry.

Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby Meathead's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,785 Times in 2,047 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

the two most important pieces of any offense are ol and qb, in that order

the ol is in major transition under a new coaching staff. it will be virtually impossible for them to really gel until at the very earliest the last half of the season. thats a bad sign

green used to be awesome but when he returned after his injury he just wasnt the same guy. he looked slow, out of synch, and often befuddled. its possible he could bounce back but its far from a sure thing. on top of that hes a statue and hes likely going to be running for his life far more often than he ever did behind that star studded line he played for in kc. another bad sign

their two marquee offensive players are defenlly good but you cant run through walls and you cant catch a ball cradled in the stomach of a qb whose face is eating cuban sod

anything can happen but id expect the miami o to be bottom third this year

so rules judge meathead so it shall be
    One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I didn't bash Miami.

No playoff's, no good offense.

No playoff's because their offense is not very good.
    That wasn't directed towards you!!! Just in general.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead
    the two most important pieces of any offense are ol and qb, in that order

the ol is in major transition under a new coaching staff. it will be virtually impossible for them to really gel until at the very earliest the last half of the season. thats a bad sign

green used to be awesome but when he returned after his injury he just wasnt the same guy. he looked slow, out of synch, and often befuddled. its possible he could bounce back but its far from a sure thing. on top of that hes a statue and hes likely going to be running for his life far more often than he ever did behind that star studded line he played for in kc. another bad sign

their two marquee offensive players are defenlly good but you cant run through walls and you cant catch a ball cradled in the stomach of a qb whose face is eating cuban sod

anything can happen but id expect the miami o to be bottom third this year

so rules judge meathead so it shall be
    I think Trent Green took one of the most vicious hits that I have ever seen. I'm pretty sure that had an effect on his play so I'm more apt to take a wait and see attitude.

I'm 100% in agreement with you on their o-line. After watching Buffalo miss the playoffs 2 years in a row with the #2 ranked D, I think we all have learned the importance of a solid O-line. We benefitted greatly when we made our changes after the bye with the OL. Miami would have to catch lightening in a bottle if they gel'd half way through the season with 2 rookies.

I'm right, Miyagi is wrong. HAMMER's Avatar
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Green's best days are behind him, especially after a concussion as severe as the one he had. Ronnie Brown has not done enough to scare me yet. For example, when I saw Maroney in a preseason game last year I said, "Oh Sugar, we have to play him twice a year for the next five plus years?". Ronnie Brown doesn't make me feel that way. Miami will be the cellar dwellers again. I really think people are discounting the Bills far too much. While we may struggle against the run, I think this team is going to score a lot and win those close games we lost last year. Pats, Bills, Jets, Phins.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

I think it's way too early to bash any team, including the phins, but why is Miami going to be much improved when realistically they are in the midst of rebuilding?

How does the fact that no player on the O-line will be returning to their previous position not impact the play of the offense?

Vernon Carey is moving from RT to LT, LJ Shelton is moving to RT, Hadnof is moving to RG. You are going with a rookie at center in Satele and are threatening to start another rookie at LG. What am I missing here?

Add the fact that you have a new coaching staff, new QB, new skill players, and few players returning, how are you better?
    How do you consider the Bills 28th overall Offense with no key injuries, better then Miami's 20th overall offense, with their backup QB who was with the team all of 6 months and had very few snaps with the first team in camp? I mean seriously, you consider the Bills offense better, but Miami gave up less sacks with Oline injuries then a healthy Bills Oline. Miami has a new HC/OC yes, but they also have plenty of experience in the coaching staff with HC experience in Dom Capers.

Cam won't have anything to do with the Defense that will be Doms job so all Cam has to do is what he's been doing for the last few years, coach the offense. You also act as if changing HC is a guarantee a teams will not succeed. I think thats been proven wrong many times over. New HC's and schemes can be very successful in their first year. To be honest I think the reason the Dolphins are better on offense is because the only thing Miami has been missing to succeed on offense has been playcalling. Maimi has been way to conservative over the past 8 years, we have always played things close to the vest and let our Defense win games.

The one year we had Scott Linehan we opened up the offense and we won our last six games. Chris Chambers made the probowl and Miami had some balance. Cam is the same verticle open things up kinda coach. Maimi will stretch the field vertically that will open up the rushing lanes and Miami will have more options. All Miami needs is a top 15 offense to make the playoffs, if we can finish 20th overall with what we had last year there is no reason we can't imporve 5 spots with what we have now.

Thanks
    Thanked 24,404 Times in 14,132 Posts
    Power to Give Rep

I think you guys are underestimating Green and Brown's games. Ronnie Brown started really slow last year but the came on towards the end of the season. The Oline is also not as changed as you make it out to be. Moving players around is one thing, but adding new players is completely different. I have little doubt that Carey will do well at LT (similar to Peters move from RT to LT that was pretty seamless). The rookie OC will need to prove himself, but every other part of that line has shown good ability.

Unreachable Douche
    Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Quote Originally Posted by feelthepain
    How do you consider the Bills 28th overall Offense with no key injuries
    4th time I had to say this. The Bills offense was 30th, not 28th.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

You are going with a rookie at center in Satele and are threatening to start another rookie at LG. What am I missing here?
    you're right. the only team in the nfl that ever has rookies come in and make their team better is the bills.

your 2nd round pick is gonna make you better at LB but our 2nd round pick isn't gonna make us better on the o line? how does that work?

players aside, though, you wanna know how miami became a better offense? mike mularkey is no longer running it. that's how.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

4th time I had to say this. The Bills offense was 30th, not 28th.

Thanks
    Power to Give Rep

Originally Posted by HHURRICANE
    You are going with a rookie at center in Satele and are threatening to start another rookie at LG. What am I missing here?
    Didn't the Jets start a rookie C, LT and have a rookie HC last year with a QB coming off an injury? And how'd they do??