Wow, where did Miami become improved on offense?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Wow, where did Miami become improved on offense?

Originally posted by feelthepain
    1)
    2)How do you know D'Brick is a little better bet?
    Maybe because he was the 4th overall pick? Usually you expect the 4th overall pick to start?

Comment

• feelthepain
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
      Maybe because he was the 4th overall pick? Usually you expect the 4th overall pick to start?
      That's a stupid argument, just let them play before you try to predict what will be.

Comment

• feelthepain
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Mar 2005

Yes, you won 6 games last year. You do realize that?
        With Joey Harrington and MM.....Yes I do, you do realize Joey is no longer in Miami and MM is the TE coach, don't you?

Comment

• Dolphanzeke
          • Mar 2004

The Fins spent their first 4 draft picks on Offense with Ginn/Booker/Satele all expected to contribute year 1 and they hired the Offensive coordinator from the team with the #1 Offense in the league despite starting a first year QB and below average recievers and churned out the MVP of the league L.T....Im certainly not going to say its a sure fire bet the O gets better but I think you can agree it COULD get better or obviously if the O- Line takes a huge dump it could get worse..but to act like there is NO reason to be optomistic for the Phins O sounds like wishfull Bills fan thinking to me.
          Last edited by Dolphanzeke; 06-20-2007, 12:32 PM.
          FOOTBALL SIM --->http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=47186

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

With Joey Harrington and MM.....Yes I do, you do realize Joey is no longer in Miami and MM is the TE coach, don't you?
            You also had no O-line and are returning an even worse patchwork group this year, with a brand new coaching staff and a new system. Do you expect their talent to improve on the O-line on it's own or because they have no experience under the new system?

Comment

• feelthepain
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
              You also had no O-line and are returning an even worse patchwork group this year, with a brand new coaching staff and a new system. Do you expect their talent to improve on the O-line on it's own or because they have no experience under the new system?

Ummm and your Oline did what last year? Their performance last year doesn't seem to hinder your enthusiasm this year! As far as experience under the new system, it's similar to what we did in 05 under Scott Linehan, so they have some experience in what Cam wants to do.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Ummm and your Oline did what last year? Their performance last year doesn't seem to hinder your enthusiasm this year! As far as experience under the new system, it's similar to what we did in 05 under Scott Linehan, so they have some experience in what Cam wants to do.
                Dude, I have gone through the O-line improvements in detail, since our bye, and the improvements that we have made through FA, etc. more than once with you.

You act like it's never been discussed. You know our line is better so deal with it or explain, in detail why it isn't.

Heck, you don't even know who your starting line is yet.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

We are?
                  Do you not have a new head coach and many new other coaches?

Do you not have a brand new QB?

Do you even know who your starting OL is going to be?

Is your coach not going to implement a new offense to learn?

That's not starting over? You are naive if you think otherwise.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                    Peterman Sucks!
                    • Mar 2006

Comparing the Jets to the Dolphins is laughable.

The Jets 3 seasons ago were a playoff team that was a KICKER away from advancing in the playoffs. Which is why they drafted Nugent. Then 2 years ago they sucked because they lost their QB. Most teams will suck when they lose their QB. Then last year they were healthy so they were good again. It's not hard to see that coming or happening when you factor everything in.

Miami is a completely different team now than they were even last season, let alone a few seasons ago. So how anyone can compare them is beyond me.

Comment

• feelthepain
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Mar 2005

Dude, I have gone through the O-line improvements in detail, since our bye, and the improvements that we have made through FA, etc. more than once with you.

You act like it's never been discussed. You know our line is better so deal with it or explain, in detail why it isn't.

Heck, you don't even know who your starting line is yet.
                      Dude Miami's Oline also imporved and I don't care how you spin it, you had the 27th best rushing attack and 28th best passing attack. You also only beat one team with a winning record last year, those are a direct result of the Bills Oline and QB play considering they finished 30th overall last year on offense last year that's what they are.

So please tell me why I think the Dolphins Oline that lead the 13th best passing game and 23 best rushing game gave up 7 less sacks behgind Joey Harrington and MM is worse then Buffalos? You're in denial, the Dolphins Oline and the Bills Oline both have to prove themselves, but there is no chance in hell the Bills Oline is better then Miami's.

Comment

• feelthepain
                        All-Pro Zoner
                        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                        Comparing the Jets to the Dolphins is laughable.

The Jets 3 seasons ago were a playoff team that was a KICKER away from advancing in the playoffs. Which is why they drafted Nugent. Then 2 years ago they sucked because they lost their QB. Most teams will suck when they lose their QB. Then last year they were healthy so they were good again. It's not hard to see that coming or happening when you factor everything in.

Miami is a completely different team now than they were even last season, let alone a few seasons ago. So how anyone can compare them is beyond me.
                        4 seasons ago the Dolphins were 10-6, 2 seasons ago were were 9-7. The Only difference in Miami this year and last year is a better OC, more speed on offense and we got rid of players that weren't contributing. BTW when is the last time the Jets had a top 5 defense? The closest they've been was in 03 when they were 7th, but they also had balance with a good offense, something Miami could very well have this year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

You forgot .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Dear Daunte:

This is just one fans opinion, but keep your head up bro. Not everyone agrees with the way the Dolphins handled you and your situation. I for one do not feel much pride in this team with this situation, I think it was classless the way it was handled and I think you deserve better, all players that have the love and respect of their teammates desreve better and you had that with this team.

I hope your next stop is a good one and you return to form. You deserve it because of the hard work and the hart you've shown since this injury. I also want to thank you for wanting to help this team succeed and wanting to be a Dolphin. Even though you came back to soon and that decision probably cost you your future in Miami, I know you did so because you're a competitor and you want to succeed as much as any player on this team, including the pressure to win you faced in you decisions.

I'll root for you wherever you land, I think there are some serious flaws in NFL circles and sometimes the good guy's lose. I also have no problem with you forcing your release, there has to be some sorta of consequence for the treatment you've endored the last few months since the new coaching staff arrived and you aren't the only player to suffer such poor treatment around the league. I sat and watched Cam Cameron state with my own eyes and ears he wouldn't evaluate any player till they were a 100%, he obviously didn't mean you cause he obviously never intented on giving you that chance, even though the conversation at the time was about you.

I still love my team, but I just wanted you to know that not everything that happens with this team is something I'm proud to be a part of or watch.
                          Just like when players do things wrong or make mistakes and the organization feels the need to seperate themselves and their actions or intentions from a players, I feel the need to do the same with this team at this time. I care more about the players then some individuals within the FO and more specifically the coaching staff at this point in time.

Stay strong Bro and thanks again for the effort, you're a class act.

FTP.

sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bulldog
                            Top Dog
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                            You forgot .....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Dear Daunte:

This is just one fans opinion, but keep your head up bro. Not everyone agrees with the way the Dolphins handled you and your situation. I for one do not feel much pride in this team with this situation, I think it was classless the way it was handled and I think you deserve better, all players that have the love and respect of their teammates desreve better and you had that with this team.

I hope your next stop is a good one and you return to form. You deserve it because of the hard work and the hart you've shown since this injury. I also want to thank you for wanting to help this team succeed and wanting to be a Dolphin. Even though you came back to soon and that decision probably cost you your future in Miami, I know you did so because you're a competitor and you want to succeed as much as any player on this team, including the pressure to win you faced in you decisions.

I'll root for you wherever you land, I think there are some serious flaws in NFL circles and sometimes the good guy's lose. I also have no problem with you forcing your release, there has to be some sorta of consequence for the treatment you've endored the last few months since the new coaching staff arrived and you aren't the only player to suffer such poor treatment around the league. I sat and watched Cam Cameron state with my own eyes and ears he wouldn't evaluate any player till they were a 100%, he obviously didn't mean you cause he obviously never intented on giving you that chance, even though the conversation at the time was about you.

I still love my team, but I just wanted you to know that not everything that happens with this team is something I'm proud to be a part of or watch.
                            Just like when players do things wrong or make mistakes and the organization feels the need to seperate themselves and their actions or intentions from a players, I feel the need to do the same with this team at this time. I care more about the players then some individuals within the FO and more specifically the coaching staff at this point in time.

Stay strong Bro and thanks again for the effort, you're a class act.

FTP.

http://finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=199590
                            Now thats funny. I wonder if FTP still snuggles with his Daunte blankie at night.
                            I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
                              • Mar 2004

Just like anyone here, all I can do is speculate, no one here knows the future any more than anyone else. At this point assumptions can be made positive or negative, and I welcome both. I've been wrong my fair share of times, these are just my personal opinion or my OBJECTIVE ASSUMPTIONS:

I wouldn't completely blame Green's performance 100% due to the concussion. Green is an air it out QB, fast paced type of offense. During the time he was gone, Edwards moved the offense to a slower power football relying on the defense more so compared to the past. I really don't think the new change in climate favored Green at all. IMO the style and enviroment really changed and Green wasn't a part of that offensive picture at that point anymore.

As far as the staff, there is still carryover from the last some years, as well as a important reunion with Cameron and Houck. Both can get completely on the same page and possibly reinvent a line like they did the year after the Chargers went 4-12, having success the year after. I trust their opinions a bit more than anyone on here, no offense. One of the great things about the o-line is that the oldest player is 30. Once the line can come together, they can potentially be good for a long time.

Obviously Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates didn't come with Cameron and Green. At this point there is a question mark with David Martin, he's flashed some good play, but injuries have prevented him from even being mentioned in any upper echelon of TEs. A good sign is that Cameron's offense favors the TE and Green has worked well with TEs in the past, and from mini camp reports he's already started to develop a positive rapport with Martin. We'll see what happens when they get in the pads.

Just like Gates, Tomlinson didn't make the flight either with Cameron. Be forewarned, it will be hard no to pull the Mularkey card when defending any positive changes to the Miami offense. As much as he liked his trick plays, Mularkey didn't seem to know what to do with Brown. Of any position, I'm really excited to see what kind of output Cameron can get out of Brown. I think the biggest thing Mularkey failed to do was utilize Brown's receiving skills. From what I've been reading it seems like Cameron will correct this. One of my favorite Brown plays (my avatar is from the game) was the catch out of the backfield when Brown hurdled the Bills defender on his way to his huge TD. Don't forget that Brown was also one of the few RBs last year that had an average of 4.4 yards and also was able to get more than 1,000 yards w/o playing a complete season, behind a suspect line, and via the playcalling of Mularkey.

I think the best thing Chambers needs is something he's hardly ever had during his porfessional career: a steady QB and a steady offense. At least he's shown that he's a team player by being able to adapt to any conditions, lol. Another positive I've heard about Cameron is that he's really good at getting the best of his players and put them in conditions that favor them. I've read that Cameron is going to move him around a lot, which seemed to be onbe of the best factors when he had his Pro Bowl year. I'm also curious to see what Hagan will do with a year under his belt. I think Hagan had some growing pains, but my gut is telling me to choose Hagan for the darkhorse player on offense. Hakim should provide speed until Ginn is able to mature into the position. As far as Ginn is concerned, why rush things. Since he was done with his committments to OSU he was able to practive with the team. Even at 90% Ginn was reminding people how fast he is during practice, seems like he's on the road to recovery. I think Cameron is making a good choice in using Ginn for ST and developing Ginn into the offense as Ginn matures. Outside of ST I envision Ginn to be used in special plays on the offense depending on the situation.

Who knows if Miami's offense is going to the #32 rated offense or the #3, but I can't wait to see what happens since Miami now has an offensive minded coach. It may not happen this year, but whenever it does happen it will be fun for this fan.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                                Just like anyone here, all I can do is speculate, no one here knows the future any more than anyone else. At this point assumptions can be made positive or negative, and I welcome both.

It may not happen this year, but whenever it does happen it will be fun for this fan.
                                I believe that Miami is exactly where Buffalo was a year ago. You guys are rebuilding and fixing the mistakes leftover from the previous regime. I think it starts with the OL and you folks will have some growing pains there.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                😂
                                🥰
                                😘
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😞
                                😡
                                👍